3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #1

S/C/G: 260/239/230

Default Thank you so much..

On June 31st of this year I decided it was time for a lifestyle change.
I weighed myself that very day and the scale stopped at 240lbs.
I began to start eating right and cutting portions of my food intake.
I would walk every day around the block for at least an hour and drink
nothing but good ol' h2o. Within my first month I managed to drop 30lbs.
Now i'm not saying it was a miracle or anything. It was a lot of hard work
and as the dieting progresses it gets more harder for the pounds to melt
because when you first start out you're basically burning the new fat that
started to develop on your body rather than fat that has already been there
building up for years. On September 2nd I decided to raise my exercising up
a notch by joining the gym. I go 5-6 times a week and workout out on the
treadmill from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 mins. You do not need a gym to lose weight,
you can pretty much find simple alternatives like I have before such
as walking around your neighborhood. The only reason why I chose to get a
membership at the gym was because winter is coming up and I don't have to
worry about the weather when I workout. Today is September 18th.
I weighed myself not too long ago and jumped for joy. I am currently weighing in at 200lbs.
It took me a while to lose the last 5lbs in order to get to 200 because I binged a little bit the
previous weekend but put myself back on track very quickly. I have not been under 200lbs
in a long time and finally I am so close to reaching that goal. My family and friends have been
telling me that I am getting thinner but i'm not seeing it. All I see are the numbers on the scale
dropping but that's good enough for me. Before my diet I couldn't even manage to put my hand
around my wrist until now which means my body is shrinking even though I can't see it.
I know that if it weren't for 3FC as well as the amazing and beautiful people sharing their goal
stories as well as current goal stories, I may have given up a long time ago.
Each one of you are an inspiration to me. I am amazed how supporting everyone is.
I admire how honest you guys can be with your issues and personal life. I want to thank everyone
for making this motivation for me possible. I'm so thankful and happy that I feel my eyes watering right now.
Dieting has been just as hard for me as anyone else and I just want to let you know that it is possible as
long as you're willing to devote hard work and time because it truly is worth all the sweat and sore aching body parts.
Please do not give up. It's your life and no one else but yourself is in charge to make it better.

Last edited by sinfuldays; 09-18-2010 at 05:14 AM.
sinfuldays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #2

Wow Congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is very encouraging. Losing weight gives you so much more benefits than the physical benefits. You also get the mental strength from being able to exercise and beating bad eating habits.
I see you have not mentioned an strength training. I do not know whether you do it or not, but if you are not you might want to look into Chalean Extreme. It is a great program that will help you tone up whilst you lose weight, tightening your body.
Rumbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:16 AM   #3

Thank you very much. I haven't started strength training yet. Just cardio but I will definitely look into this program you mentioned. Cheers!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #4

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Congratulations on your weightloss!!! Keep up the good work. I love the support system we all have built here. It is truly inspiring.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #5

It definitely is. Thank you.