General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 181.9/174.5/150

Height: 5 7"

You can do way better anyways Daner.
Mandaloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #32  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Back in the "olden" days, before I got married, I remember some of these gems from eligible bachelors:
I want a woman who is 5'6" and 102 pounds . . .(and he didn't mean someone in particular, either!)
If she's over 25 she better exercise two hours a day (from a 30 year old f a t a s s high school dropout)
Tall women will settle for less because they scare short men (???)
I'd date her if she lost ten pounds (guy with comb-over)
I never get to date the really good looking women (from a guy that, yes, I had dated . . .schmuck of the year and guess what ladies HE'S STILL SINGLE )

I think it's okay to want to see a picture of someone before you go out - that is normal. But to be so rude, tactless, socially inept, juvenile or otherwise to make comments about someone's body is so not okay. It's okay not to be attracted to someone but why do people feel the need to TELL someone in gruesome detail why they aren't attracted?

Got Manners?
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #33  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

what a jerk.
glad you found this out before you guys went too far.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamvixen View Post
What a douche! (is that ok to say on the site?) I think you are one of the prettiest chicks here! Especially with your button nose! ( I remember you posting that on my sexy or cute thread!) Anyway, it was his loss. You'll find someone, and I have to give you props for trying the online dating thing. I've never been brave enough to! I'm sorry that happened to you. Something similar happened to me, but it was more like "ew, a fat girl likes me" Guys can be such ignorant beings.
Aw, thank you so much. You have no idea how much this made me smile. Hopefully there are still some men out there that feel the same way. There are SO MANY beautiful women of all sizes. The ones that don't see that are crazy. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Plenty of fish in the sea my dear! - and there's no reason in the world why you shouldn't fish around!
Thank you. I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippy100485 View Post
Before I was married... I didn't like idea of dating a skinny guy... Not because I was/am morbidly obese lol... but because... I've always like the thought of my man being a big teddy bear.. he didn't have to be HUGE... but I liked some meat.. I've always hated the bodybuilder type... and I just don't like your stomach to be all hard when I'm cuddling with you... My husband turned out to be PERFECT... and now's he went and joined the military and is losing everything lol... He tells me though... Even though I won't be your teddy bear anymore... I can be a pretty lovable YETI... I love my husband lol

I'm with you, I like guys with a bigger build and some softness. I've dated very thin guys before and it just wasn't the same. Haha, Yetti. I like your husband's attitude. He sounds like a sweetheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicSin13 View Post
When I was in High School I was convinced I was deeply in love with this one guy....

He's now gone no where with his life, he's fat, ugly, and basically for lack of better words (or kinder words) a loser. I am glad we never dated, I might be stuck with him today! LOL
Sounds like it worked out for the best. You wouldn't have wanted him anyway haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaloef View Post
You can do way better anyways Daner.

Thank you! I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
Back in the "olden" days, before I got married, I remember some of these gems from eligible bachelors:
I want a woman who is 5'6" and 102 pounds . . .(and he didn't mean someone in particular, either!)
If she's over 25 she better exercise two hours a day (from a 30 year old f a t a s s high school dropout)
Tall women will settle for less because they scare short men (???)
I'd date her if she lost ten pounds (guy with comb-over)
I never get to date the really good looking women (from a guy that, yes, I had dated . . .schmuck of the year and guess what ladies HE'S STILL SINGLE )

I think it's okay to want to see a picture of someone before you go out - that is normal. But to be so rude, tactless, socially inept, juvenile or otherwise to make comments about someone's body is so not okay. It's okay not to be attracted to someone but why do people feel the need to TELL someone in gruesome detail why they aren't attracted?

Got Manners?
Wow, those are indeed some gems. I wonder how that's all working out for them haha. I especially like "If she's over 25 she better exercise two hours a day (from a 30 year old f a t a s s high school dropout)"

I agree, there's really no need to tell someone why you don't want to date them unless of course they ask. Even then, there's still no reason to be rude. Making someone feel bad isn't going to help them get a date any faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
what a jerk.
glad you found this out before you guys went too far.
Thanks
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote