General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I totally recommend getting a room in someone's house. I just posted an ad on Craigslist and Kijiji. I get along great with my roommate. She's living on her own for the first time and didn't want to be bothered with finding furniture, dealing with setting up bills or being responsible for a place. I had her sign a lease, but most of the onus is on me as I own the condo. Its been good!She gets the joys of living on her own without any of the BS that goes along with it, and I get money every month! Win, Win!

I hope it works out for you! Going back to school is scary, and wonderful and stressful, but the good outweighs the crap most of the time.....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #17  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, Shantroy, I do that now. But I don't sign anything, just pay for rent each month for my room and I can move at any time without having this lease hanging over my head. A big relief that is with my current situation.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #18  

Height: 6-1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post
Unfortunately, I am pretty good at working temporaily in ****, giselley. I know people who can quit a job like it was nothing to them, but I'm the type that'll stick around on the sinking ship until I've been hired somewhere else.
I was that sort of person, but it never got me anywhere. I ended up running my life as though it were a business. If I am not getting what I need out of a product (a job) then it is time to get something else. I'm through with loyalty, because in the long run, they will boot you out the moment they are not profiting from you. You're an object to them, and frankly, you should use them as though they were an object.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #19  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I get that, I do. Especially just being an object/number to companies. I jumped ship very abruptly at a call center to go back to work at my previous grocery store job, then as soon as I got the state job offer, I leapt away again, same with my current job, I kept moving once I got my year in and figured out long before that that there was no advancement in whatever position I had. I just don't understand jumping ship when there is no job waiting (as a friend has done regularly).

The thought of quitting with no job waiting makes me rather nervous.
Which is probably a darn good thing right now,

We've (my office) has a job center coming in tomorrow to go over our downsizing and unemployment options. I plan on grilling them on going-back-to-school grants and other options.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote