General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  
Ducky25

S/C/G: 179/165/135

Height: 5'2"

Default "so its a white Christmas after all?"

I feel like a spoiled brat, but I want to share with someone because I'm so excited!!! And where better than here Let me start by explaining my situation. I for the last five years have driven a VW beetle, which at one time was my dream car. I was very lucky and it was my first car when I turned 17. Well, it was a clunker after a while. Needed a new engine, tranny going out, left me stranded 2 hours from home in the dead of summer.... that kind of thing. So yesterday, my dad and I went to the local car lot and I came home with a new car I'm VERY excited (but also sad). My beetle was my first car, with so many memories with my friends and family...and it suited me really well... But I just couldn't afford feeling so unsafe and all of the repairs, so this in reality is a smart choice. I just can't help but feel bad for the poor girl getting traded in like I didn't love her at all But anywho, I'm excited. I'm glad to finally have a car I feel like I can go somewhere in without having to call a tow truck to come get me.

This isn't my exact one....but this is what I now own
http://o.aolcdn.com/commerce/images/...nt_Regular.jpg

And the best part??? They ran my credit along with my dad's and MY NAME IS ON THE CAR!!! WHOO HOO ANNNNND I can make the payments.... it's only $200 a month, (which is what I pay my dad towards my beetle anyway)

Ya.... I'm stoked

(oh and the white Christmas thing is because my brother came home and saw it and said "So it's a white Christmas after all huh?) :P

Last edited by gasouza87; 12-23-2009 at 09:10 AM.
gasouza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Congratulations KIDDO!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  

Anh. Congratulations.

I remember the joy of "my" first new car that I actually paid for by myself. Seems like such a long time ago (less than 10 years, actually).

I bought a Chrysler 300 this week-end, and somehow it's just not the same.

Sorry to be an Eeyore-----I really am happy for you!! Enjoy the car & having your brother home for Christmas!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #4  
Ducky25

S/C/G: 179/165/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Anh. Congratulations.

I remember the joy of "my" first new car that I actually paid for by myself. Seems like such a long time ago (less than 10 years, actually).

I bought a Chrysler 300 this week-end, and somehow it's just not the same.

Sorry to be an Eeyore-----I really am happy for you!! Enjoy the car & having your brother home for Christmas!
haha i'm sure second or third buys will not be as exciting! i know having to pay more money for something is never fun... theres just something so liberating about knowing I can do this myself!
gasouza87 is offline   Reply With Quote