General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #31  
Dutch Blitz Dominator!

S/C/G: 140/125/115

Height: 5'5

I actually quit WoW a few months ago as well... My boyfriend bought me an Xbox360 for my birthday after I took a lot of interest in his.
Anyways, I quit WoW becuase I play my new xbox all the time. For some reason xbox live is addicting. I still miss WoW though. I miss roleplaying and running around on my mount. Sometimes having a storyline isn't as fun as you think like in xbox games.
yellowsubgirly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #32  
So tired

S/C/G: 309/294/less

Height: 5'2"

I play EQ2 and Lotro regularly (thought not as much as I used to), and have played tons of games in the past... City of Villains/Heroes for a year and a half, WoW for a year, FFXI for a year, AnarchyOnline for several years, Age of Conan for days (sigh), and before that I was pretty into MUDs like DragonRealms and Gemstone IV.

I play Left4Dead2 pretty often (the guy who made L4D1 is an alumni of my computer science department!), within the last year I played & completed Fable II (btw it's a really fun one Lizzie!), Mass Effect, Bioshock, and a few others.

I also play Rock Band 2 (singing/drums)!

Currently, I'm playing Arkham Asylum and waiting for Mass Effect 2 which comes out January 26.

Soooo... yep, I'm a gamer. Been one since I got a Nintendo as a kid. I don't play as much as it might seem, a few hours here or there since I'm pretty busy with school, but I still play as much as I can sneak in. =)
30and300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #33  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

I actively play WoW with my boyfriend. He just hit 70 on his Undead Warlock, and I'm about to hit 69 on my Blood Elf Death Knight. We play much more than I would prefer, but, whatever. He's a total WoW zombie on the weekends. He's much more serious about it than I am. I love making new characters, consisting of different races/classes, and then running around on them doing noob quests. He's very serious about his Warlock, and hates playing any other character. I can't wait for Cataclysm, very excited about more races getting the Druid class, and the Worgens!

I also have a 360, but, my live expired while I had a red ring of death issue. They gave me a free month when I got it back, but, by then, my Halo 3 was so far behind I couldn't even play matchmaking because I didn't have all the latest maps. This is probably a good thing, I use to pull all nighters playing Halo 3 obsessively. LOL.

Also, Nintendo DS. I play Animal Crossing every night in bed before I go to sleep.
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

I'm glad this thread has had some activity again!

I've been playing the beta for Star Trek Online the past few days. I like it, but I'm not sure I'd play it enough to be worth the cost.. but DH seems to REALLY like it and it might be fun to play together (not that I've really figured out HOW to do anything with another person yet, it's been very single-player-ish so far).

I still haven't finished the single-player Modern Warfare 2 stuff. I think I'm almost done. I need to get around to that some time.

I got a new phone a while back, the Motorola Droid, and I've downloaded some little puzzle games, and a few emulators. My favorite ROM find so far is Tetris Attack for the SNES... I used to have that on my Game Boy, and I LOVED it, and this is the same thing but in color! Something fun to do on the bus anyway.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/135/133

Height: 5'7"

I'm currently playing Little Big Planet (PS3) and Secret Agent Clank (PSP).
LovelyComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #36  
Cyberpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Motorola Droid
OMG, how do you like it? My boyfriend and I have been drooling over this ever since we first seen the commercials for it.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

I love video games!!

My husband and I used to play EQ. We actually met on EQ! It started off where I saw a guy online for a long, long time.. and he never came to get his body that was right where I was hunting. So finally I sent him a tell and said dude, come get your stuff! Turns out he had been so drunk he didn't know where he died! So this guy comes out and starts hunting with me and then says "Hey, my roomate just got home from work, mind if he joins too?" I'm like sure, less work for me haha, and that's the first time I met my husband. (He was the roomate, not the drunk guy who lost his stuff haha)

Then went on and later played WoW, then Warhammer, now we play DDO! I love that game a lot, I have a rogue/fighter. I also have a wizard but dang it is hard to play when I am solo. Though we're playing not much since just before Christmas. Just haven't had time to play, between traveling, then being sick as cats for so long.. ugh!! I might play tonight though He's been busy playing another game, I think Civilization.. or a game that looks very similar. I also play games on my DS, I like the Scribblenauts game a lot lately. I can play it while riding the stationery bike hehe

I played DDR till a few months ago, it's just too painful with the hip pain. I miss playing, I didn't play with jumping on but still it was just too painful. Plus I play games at Kongregate too but lately not so many great ones haha. Theeen.... there's facebook hahaha. I love Farmville and Pet Society. I'd play PetVille more if they'd stop sending him to the pound! Ohmygosh that cat will not stay home, he needs to learn to cook for himself.. I built him a sweet kitchen and stocked it with soup cans!

We're both super geeky. The guys he works with are geeky too, they hop game to game.. then if they find a good one they let us all know and we'll probably play it too hehe. We all pop back to NWN or Oblivion at times, but I haven't loaded them in a while. I should.. I'm bored and too tired to crochet hehehe

But some of my favorite games are way girly. I love my NintenDogs so very much. I have one in particular named Molly. Then a little weenie dog named Sherlock. I don't get them out much these days, but I do love them hehe. I can't have a real dog bleh, so they're my dogs! I have never found anyone else with it to do the link up the game offers. I have the PetzCats one, but it's not very much fun. The old PC versions were far better with the breeding, and tricks and just the pixelated cuteness. I like the puzzle games too, especially Professor Layton and any of the mystery themed games.

p.s. In case it isn't obvious, I love video games
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #38  
Cyberpunk

LOL, I remember Dogz and Catz! That's old school!

My boyfriend and I are both hardcore geeks, and that's how we met.

I messaged him on MySpace, we talked about books and zombies and gaming and who knows what else, I don't even remember! LOL. But, we had a LOT in common.

MySpace turned into Yahoo! chatting.

We figured out that we both knew the manager at our local GameStop, and decided to meet for the April 29th 2008 release party of Grand Theft Auto IV.

We've been together since that day.

We both love gaming, although, he's much better than me. He's the one who has all the systems. I think he has every gaming system ever made, except for PS3 for some reason. He even has an original arcade machine, and might be getting another.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #39  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I really miss gaming. I used to play Warcraft III, Diablo, Team Fortress Classic, etc, etc...but since I went to college I really haven't played anything because my laptop is not exactly conducive to gaming. It makes me sad.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 190-200?/?/130

Height: 5'5"

My BF got me addicted to WoW.. OMG I've wasted so much time playing that game! We have 2 accounts, so we can play together.. but honestly even paying the monthly fee is cheaper than going out to eat at a decent restraunt, or even going to see one movie.. and its something that we can do together a few times a week.
fighting hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #41  
Cyberpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting hungry View Post
My BF got me addicted to WoW.. OMG I've wasted so much time playing that game! We have 2 accounts, so we can play together.. but honestly even paying the monthly fee is cheaper than going out to eat at a decent restraunt, or even going to see one movie.. and its something that we can do together a few times a week.
Going out to eat? Going to see a movie? What are these things you speak of?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

I've been a gamer since I was a pre-teen. I still have alot of PS, PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games. As an adult, I don't play as much--I used to play eight hours straight. I'm addicted to the Sims--including the console versions. Last year, I bought an Xbox 360 and Assassin's Creed. Looking forward to the next Final Fantasy game for 360.
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190-200?/?/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosexual View Post
Going out to eat? Going to see a movie? What are these things you speak of?
A quick way to waste about $50
fighting hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosexual View Post
OMG, how do you like it? My boyfriend and I have been drooling over this ever since we first seen the commercials for it.
I love it... mostly I just love having a smartphone, I had a really basic cell phone before this, and it's amazing to be able to just jump on the internet and look up anything instantly. (Except at my MIL's house, she's in one of those 3G "dead zones" I guess, it never works!)

As for the Droid specifically... the screen is huge, the keyboard is adequate, the sound quality is great... there are a lot of apps in the Android market, definitely not as many as for the iPhone, but I've found pretty much anything I need (for free). I'm using it as my MP3 player now, too, and it has very nice sound. The best feature is probably the real GPS (not one of those cell phone triangulation "GPS" things that aren't very accurate) integrated with google maps.. it's really easy to use for navigation. And if you read reviews that say the camera is crap, you'll be happy to know they improved it a lot with the first big update they did, so it's decent now. And those AT&T commercials are right that you can't use the 3G internet and talk on the phone at the same time with Verizon... BUT you can use wifi internet and talk at the same time, and I've never even had a reason to do that, lol.

Last edited by mayness; 01-28-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #45  

On another note, we bit the bullet (or... photon?) and bought Star Trek Online. If you pre-order, you get to start playing tomorrow, and we've got a friend coming to visit this weekend and wanted to show him the game... so we went ahead and ordered it through Steam.

Which means I have my own Steam account now... my name is MandarMay... feel free to add me as a friend!