General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When I went to bed last night I thought the shooter was dead and when I got up this morning I find he is still alive but wounded. I wonder if he was planning to get himself killed, it has been said he was giving away personal items yesterday before the shootings. People who are planning suicide sometime give away personal belongings before committing the act. He may have been planning suiciude by police. or Army MPS.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #17  

One of my dearest friends is stationed at Fort Hood. He is, thankfully, safe - but shaken. Please continue to send your thoughts/prayers/good vibes for him and all his brothers who are dealing with such an unsteady atmosphere.

Last edited by Sweet Sissy; 11-08-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I will pray for all of the soldiers/familes that were affected by Ft. Hood.

Don't forget when you are praying for them...... pray for the other soldiers around the world. Whether you agree with the war or not..... OUR young men and women are dying for us!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #19  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I think, with all of the "interviews" on the news, and with all of Islam jihad stereotyping aside, just the fact that the man specialized in PTSD, and heard horror stories day in and day out of likely very classified information about rape and torture and murder and death and destruction, after working at Walter Reed surrounded by some of the worst burn victims, with the most terrifying accounts of what's going on over there - to be told that now YOU'RE next to go over to this inevitable ****, AND knowing that you will LIKELY be prosecuted against by your OWN brothers in arms based on your ethnicity while you're over there (not even necessarily because of religion) speaks volumes about what we expect our military members to be capable of, and the truth in frailty of the human psyche. I think that sentiment alone is enough to break someone down to insanity - and that's how I'm viewing what's happened. I don't think it has nearly as much to do with Islam as it has to do with him being so well versed on the reality of what's going on over there, and just being terrified of it happening to himself.

And I certainly think it is disgraceful with all of the anti-Islam fears still stewing under the surface in America - that some of the choice news stations immediately chose to follow the Ft. Hood story with those pigs outside the mosque in New York spewing hate speech as if there's any real proven connection between the two - especially since they've been doing it for a LONG time, it's not any new recent development. It's just sick and disgusting, and it definitely does not help out the innocent, warm, loving, caring Muslims we do have here that are just as much an American as everyone else. Sad and irresponsible.

I just wish more people were willing to look at the situation through a more culturally aware lens instead of such an ethnocentric one.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm with Eskinomad, people flip all the time and it doesn't have to be because of their race/ethnicity/etc. Just because there are other extremists out there doesn't mean that this man is one of them.

My father was in the army and at one point he was stationed at Ft Hood. He went to Viet Nam and my mom said that he had lots of issues after he came back and had a really hard time for many years.

And there could be some cultural aspects and although I don't believe that his family is from Afghanistan, imagine being put in a place where your national brethren are dying and are your cultural brethren are dying due to fighting eachother. Hearing about death and killing are much different than looking at it straight in the face.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming he snapped.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #21  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

My goodness that ceremony today was beautifully sad, the empty combat boots made me sob. I recovered only to sob again during the final roll call, the echo, then silence when the dead soldiers name were called, Taps... I was totally moved... and still overcome with a profound sadness...
God Bless those families on Fort Hood...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #22  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I sobbed through the whole thing too. What a fantastic job they did organizing it. It definitely left me more patriotic feeling than ever before.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote