General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default iPhone & Runkeeper?

I'm considering getting an iPhone... My phone is having technical difficulties so has limited life left to it, and I have been looking at a foot pod for my HRM to track my runs. Well, the foot pod is $125, the phone I like are all in the $100+ range, I could get an iPhone for with RunKeeper for about that same amount. But, don't want to get one if the app doesn't work...

I do most of my running on a track or a treadmill. I already see that you can't add treadmill runs yet, but they wouldn't track on the footpod either, so that is no big deal. I'm wondering if the iPhone RunKeeper app actually works, and if it would work on a track rather than a big fancy route. I guess it would just show me on the map running in big circles?

Anyone use the app and have any info? Or any pros or cons on iPhone in general?

Thanks!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #2  
Workin' It

Figured I would update my thread since I now know the answer.

I bought the iPhone and have downloaded the MapMyRun Free & the RunKeeper Free app. I've only used the RunKeeper so far. I like it. Accurate enough on distance, gives me an average pace and a chart showing my speed during the duration of the run. I can view the info of the entire run pretty easily. Only thing I don't like - an incoming call suspends the RunKeeper program. Didn't know that so didn't restart it after ignoring a call... The GPS finds signal pretty quickly and holds on to it well.

Overall, I'm pleased with it. Might upgrade to the Pro version, don't know yet.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote