General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #16  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Fast food. I managed to work there about 3 days. And then just quit. I couldn't handle it! They didn't train me but wanted me to work the window, I didn't even know how to use the headset and nobody would show me. It was a 5AM shift too. yuck!
And even though I only worked there 3 days- it took me a couple years before I could even drive by that particular place without gagging a little at the smell. That stuff just seeps into your skin and hair and doesn't leave! worst job i ever had.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/206/150

Height: 5'6

Not summer job but.... Sears toy department (this was the late 1970's) at Christmas!! Kids everywhere, parents buying things then wanting me to "disguise them" so the kids they brought didn't know what it was!! Only made it a couple of months.
danemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Oh, dane, I forgot that I worked at Sears once too! I think I blocked it out of my mind, lol. They had the craziest strict rules about EVERYTHING for employees (about 8 years ago). But the worst was one day near the holidays where we ran out of gift boxes because the shipment was delayed - you would think I was telling these people I was going to murder their families when I said "we're out of boxes right now."
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #19  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Worst summer job - worked in greenhouses raising weeds for research. I was so hot I wanted to cry. Of course dorm room not air conditioned, so I spent the whose summer sweating. The good news is I lost 15 pounds over the course of the summer as I was too hot to have an appetite.

Best summer job - The next summer I crewed a sailboat for day cruises off Mackinac Isand.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #20  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

toy dept at christmas reminds me of... office supply store during back to school!! oh man, i was just reminiscing over the horrors last night when i saw the displays and smelled the crayola crayons. it's like a war-time flash back. lol. i once was stuck at a line for so long that i had to just grab someone to stand at my register so i could go to the bathroom! After holding it for about 3 hours and couldn't wait anymore. forget about taking a break! puh! also- the horrible horrible lists of stuff people want, and running out of one ticket item every year- one year it was paper! we freaking ran out of paper! you'd think we'd slaughtered goats in front of their children! lol.

oh man, whenever i hate my cubicle job i just think about that for 2 seconds and i feel better. if i ever have kids- their dad is taking them school shopping!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #21  
starting over again

Worst summer job was working as an envelope stuffer. The quotas they give you are insane. Even at my fastest, I was just barely making the quota. My hands were completely covered in paper cuts at the end of the day.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote