General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 11:08 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Hello folks!

I figured I should just jump on the bandwagon and say hello. I've been digging through this website for a year now, and have finally decided to join. Weight Watcher meetings were getting old for me. (No matter what meeting I attended, I always got stuck with the same weight-loss stereotype that seemed to occupy the whole meeting: "I ate two pizzas this week, and some popcorn at the movie theatre, why can't I lose weight . . . " Ugh, and I paid for that...) I am hoping that I can find people here like me - wanting to look good, feel good and complain every once in a while. I've been on a weight loss journey for five years now. I've lost 75 pounds by basically following the Weight Watchers plan for the five years - yes, that's a slow loss, but it was better this way because it has stayed off . . . still have a good forty pounds to go until I achieve WW's "goal." I'm confident that I can get the reinforcement and motivation I crave here. Let's face it, it won't come from the gals at work swallowing their bags of chips...so, hello everyone, I look forward to exchanging thoughts, ideas and complaints with all of you
Old 03-25-2002, 08:12 PM   #2  

glad that you jumped in!
Old 04-14-2002, 12:14 AM   #3  

Default Hi Back To You;

Hi back to you, I just joined today. I thought I would introduce myself, and say I totally sympathize with you. It seems nobody is out there that truly cares whether or not you succeed. I have tried every diet known to man, and some that hasn't been written about yet. I haven't found a formula that gives me the permanent results I need, so yesterday I decided to keep track of my calories, and walk at least 30 minutes a day. Hopefully that will at least get me thinking about portion control. That's the key I think, How much is a serving? Though I will admit 1/2 cup of rice is not very much. I wish you all the success in the world. Judy
Old 04-18-2002, 02:46 AM   #4  
it's always something

Hello, and welcome!

Portion control can be hard to learn. I hate spending more for individual size packages of some things, but I think that's the only way I can be sure not to eat more. I love frozen dinners. It's premeasured, there are no leftovers, and I am not tempted for seconds. Ah, and no dishes, either
Old 04-19-2002, 10:44 AM   #5  

Default Hi Back To You;

Hi Suzanne, I know what you mean about portion control. i have an added challenge of being a Celiac. So alot of the frozen dinners have hidden glutens in them. If I ignore the stomach distress, I break out in hives. There are 2 frozen dinners I can eat made by Annie, An Asian Noodle dish, and a Bean Enchilada packaged by the same company.It makes keeping a persons fat intake down to no more then 30% or less interesting because with the alternative flours you need to use oil and eggs to make an acceptable product. I try to cut the suggested fat in half and use either nonfat yogurt or applesauce or mashed potatoes to make up the rest of it. The eggs you get from a carton that is mostly egg whites are invaluable also, so the bread and baked goods I make don't have that much fat included. Alternative flours can be tricky, but I've had alot of practice. I really enjoy this forum though, because it gives me someone to discuss the issues with. I think getting myself used to eating smaller portions have been my biggest challenge, I think I will have to join my daughter who is a compulsive food measurer. (((In Health))) Judy
Old 04-22-2002, 04:11 PM   #6  

Wink

Welcome - as you can see from the above replies you will get terrific support and encouragement here. Best wishes on your weight loss journey.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:10 AM   #7  

Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. Congratulations on your own weight loss. It's nice to have a forum where you can discuss the issues and frustrations along the way. Because I do have alot of them. I hope you are having a great week so far, it hasn't been too bad for me. I went out for my walk this morning, and have been debating with myself as to whether or not I want to go out for a run. I have actually stayed within my calorie range so far this week without alot of hunger so that is improving. Hopefully will talk to you soon, Judy
Old 05-21-2002, 07:22 AM   #8  
Nel

Wink I'm new too!

Well - three kids in four years. Need I say more about my weight? I am new too - with this being only me second time on the site. I have lost about 15 lbs with about 60 more to go. I am on Weight Watchers - which seems to be a very realistic way to lose it - at this point. Anyway - great job on your journey! Keep up the excellent work
Old 05-21-2002, 07:31 AM   #9  
Nel

Wink I'm new too!

Well - three kids in four years. Need I say more about my weight? I am new too - with this being only me second time on the site. I have lost about 15 lbs with about 60 more to go. I am on Weight Watchers - which seems to be a very realistic way to lose it - at this point. Anyway - great job on your journey! Keep up the excellent work
Old 07-09-2002, 01:42 PM   #10  

hello! I too am new. I am not good about replying. I think I just like to read about other people like me. I am in need of loosing 100 pounds. I am in for a long journey. Good luck. T hink we found aa great place!
Old 07-09-2002, 02:05 PM   #11  

Hi and welcome, Good luck on your weightloss journey. You'll make it one day at a time. Just take this in mini goals and you ought to do just fine. You've come to the right place for encouragement, all the folks at 3FC's are very nice and supportive. Good Luck and if you need support and encouragement I'm here and so is everyone else. Judy
Old 07-09-2002, 09:39 PM   #12  

Hello, I am also new here! I started my weight loss journey almost 4 weeks ago and I have lost 10 lbs. I have 80 lbs to go but, with the support and encouragement from this site, I know I will make it there!!
Good luck to you!!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:25 PM   #13  

Hi Big Beauty and welcome. We're all in the same boat together, we need to lose some weight. We can do it one day at a time. It's a life style change, and it is also a commitment. Good luck on your journey, and if you need help along the way I'm always here, along with everyone else. We can do it if we encourage one another. Judy
Closed Thread