General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 09:56 AM   #1  

Question Feedback on Weight Commander

Is anyone using the Weight Commander software?

Positive/Negative feedback? I am about to pay for it, but haven't heard anything from anyone.

Let me know - thanks!

Meg
Old 06-12-2002, 08:56 PM   #2  
it's always something

This program is advertised on a lot of dieters personal pages, but it's because the owner actively markets an affiliate program for it. We looked at it a long time ago, but were not too keen on some of the tips. He suggested snacks such as "plate parmesean" which was a plate with a slab of cheese and tomato sauce, zapped in the microwave for a second. Also, theatre popcorn was suggested as a good snack. Both of these are high in fat and not the best thing for most dieters. The creator of the program has never had a weight issue, is a computer programmer (or something like that) and he wrote the script for a friend. If I recall, the main feature of the program was charting your weight loss. It seemed like there were 1001 different ways to chart loss on a daily basis, lol, and we didn't see that this was useful.

The best way to chart your loss is by simply getting on the scale once a week (or as often as you wish), trying to weigh at the same time and with the same amount of clothes on each time. Just write it down in a small notebook. Most fitness experts advise against daily weigh-ins.

If you found the trial period to be truly helpful to you, then by all means, purchase it and use it as much as possible. But if you find that the features are really not useful to you, then save your money and spend it on a nice treat for yourself after you lose your next 10 pounds

Either way, feel free to share your experiences with the program, as I'm sure it will be helpful to others that consider this or other weight loss software.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:22 PM   #3  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

I love it!

And the "tips" are just from the guy's own experience, I personally pay them no attention. I'm just in it for the features. I can not rave about it enough. I LOVE that it has a diary feature, an area to record measurements, an area to record your exercise, a place for notes and every kind of chart and graph you can think of. I REALLY like that I can weigh myself every day and compare to see a trend in when I gain/lose. For instance, I found out that I really DO lose more weight when I drink more water. Not just a myth! And Saturdays are my big gaining day because I used Friday as an excuse to let go...I never realized that before. Also, on the main graph you get two sets of boxes...one set represents your actual daily weights but the other is your average. So even if you have a bad week and gain, you can still see your general downward trend...THAT has kept me on track and given me more hope than anything else ever.

I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. If you are like me and really want a visual, this is for you.

I was feeling SO bad earlier this month because I felt I had been kind of "piddling" around. But when I checked with my weight commander info, I could clearly see that I was SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than I was this time last year, and I had the graphs to prove it.

My laptop just fried it's hard drive and I'm CRUSHED. All my info is gone because I was too lazy to back it up so my only advice would be DO at least TRY weight commander...and ALWAYS back it up!!!
Closed Thread