General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #16  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Not sure what to do with this one, so I just enhanced it a bit and fixed your demon eye problem:P

Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks!!! I like it. Haha...thanks for getting rid of the demon eyes...now if I can only get rid of my nasty double chin ...I guess that'll involve running though
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #18  
Mentally ready

I could, but that would just change your entire face. Do you really want to lie to yourself and others? lol I think you should just be proud of your double chin knowing that it's going to be gone soon!!! Everytime I look at pictures of myself now, where the undesireable double chin, and rolls etc are sticking out, I just remind myself that those aren't going to be there forever!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #19  
Mentally ready

I don't know. I know for sure it's a hobbie, but I'm not completely sure yet if I'm looking to really get into it! I probably should since I'm good at it(not pro but pretty good) and I like it.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm a professional photographer and I own my own business. I have to tell you that if you're not 100% certain this is what you want to do as a career, then don't.

First of all, being "pretty good" isn't good enough. There are TONS of really amazingly talented people out there who are fan-frickin'-tastic. If you go into business, realize that you're going to compete against them.

Two, once you decide to do something as a career, it's no longer something that you can do just for fun. What was fun becomes an obligation. You no longer can take your time and play around or schedule things that you want to when you want to. You're at the mercy of your clients to a large degree. Don't get me wrong, I love LOVE what I do ... but it's a JOB. And it's a lot of work. And there are days that I truly don't ever want to hold my camera again (especially after a 3 wedding weekend).

Finally, and maybe most importantly, if you decide to become a photographer, the actual photography is maybe 15% of what you'll do. There are days I dream about being able to just shoot and be done with it. But now, shooting is the smallest part of running my business. Marketing, bills, accounting, client management, orders, processing, all of that ... is the vast majority of what I do on a daily basis.

As I said, I love what I do. And if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But keep in mind that being a photographer has been my dream my whole life. I didn't get into it because I liked it just ok. I knew from the time I picked up my father's camera when I was 7 that someday this is what I was going to do. As with any self-employment, you have to have a level of dedication and commitment that goes beyond just "liking" it. You have to love it. Passionately. Otherwise you'll grow to hate it because it's become an obligation ... and I would hate for that to happen to anyone.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #21  
Mentally ready

Well the reason why I'm not sure yet, is because I haven't looked into it. I'm having trouble really deciding what I want to do with my life. The reason why I'm just okay is because I've never really owned a digital camera until now, or any good camera. After all school is for learning and perfecting your skills etc. Thanks for all the information. I have 2 years, or a little less, to try to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. Of course I'm going to look into everything I might be interested in. Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to know what I want to do from a young age. It's kind of scary. I don't want to go to college for something and then decide I don't want to do that!

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 12-27-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:25 AM   #22  

Well you know ... I have a degree in History. Not really much "use" for it ... except that having gone to college and completed my degree is the important thing. I've found that unless you're planning a very specific career, it's often not terribly important what your degree is in. Good grades and a commitment to completing the program is the really important thing.

And I hope I didn't come across as discouraging you. I don't want to discourage anyone from following a dream - whether a childhood dream or a more recently realized dream. I just know that most people think of photography - and of owning their own business for that matter - as being "easy".

Old 12-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #23  
Mentally ready

No, I don't want to say I know you... But I get why you say things, and I get how you say them. If it was the first post I've read of yours I might be like wtf? ahaha I just understand your way of putting things It didn't discourage me:P
Old 12-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #24  
Mentally ready

I didn't do this, I just thought it was cool.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #25  
new girl

S/C/G: 177.8/174.3/125

Height: 5'2"

If you can, edit on layers so that you don't destruct the actual pixels of the image-- never save on top of the original file-- and when you're resizing, don't add pixels you'll create artifacts and other weird things... you'd want to resize using the information that is already there--- I hope that makes sense.

I just saw that you were saying the pics were really big, and a lot of the time the images aren't dealt with in a non-destructive way... so just a few hints for you!

Last edited by jerzeezfinest; 12-29-2008 at 12:07 AM.
jerzeezfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #26  
Mentally ready

How do you add pixels when you resize? You mean by making the picture bigger?

I always make a new file when I'm editing pictures.

Using the info that is already there to resize, so you mean like keeping the aspect ratio?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #27  
Mentally ready

And what do you mean by adding on layers to not destruct the actual pixels?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #28  

What are you using to edit or modify your images? If you're using PhotoShop, then create a duplicate layer so that the mods you make are to the layer, not the original image. That way you can erase or step back through your editing process.

I suspect jerzee mentioned it because she saw the same artifacts that I did in the images you posted.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #29  
Mentally ready

I don't have photoshop, I use photoimpression, I got it with a camera a couple years ago.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #30  
Mentally ready

oh, so like every different part I edit should be it's own layer?