General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #76  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Omg..my dh said he looked like Edward Sissorhands too, lol. But I looked past that, and he looked pretty hot!! Of course, I love Edward Sissorhands..lol. So ya, lol.

I love love loved Rosalie. I didnt think she was gonna be good. But she was great. She totally had me scared of her, lol. I thought they were all great expect for Man-Bella. Ugh..I cannot stand her. I think she's pretty..but a bad actress. Or at least bad at playing Bella.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 11-24-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #77  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

alright so i saw the movie twice this weekend, and aside from Edward i think my favorite character was Jasper haha i just loved his faces the whole time. I'm just going to ignore kristen stewart and just not say anything about her. i really can't wait until new moon, i just hope they dont mess it up.
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #78  
I was born this way hey!

Jasper was hot. Especially during the baseball scene when he was flippin the bat. Omfg I'm team Edward & Team Jasper now, lol. Emmett was pretty hot too. I love his smile. All the Cullen males were hot.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #79  

Height: 5' 8"

Twilight the movie: So bad, it was good.
(And this is coming from someone with a very unhealthy obsession with the series and was waiting for this movie for months. My user name is even based on a quote from Twilight, "Bella, you're utterly absurd." Sorry but that movie didn't even scratch the surface of the book. But they can't all be winners, can they?)

My friend Jessi and I giggled through out the entire film...so cheesylicious.

The best characters for me....Jacob and Emmet.
I also loved the Stephenie cameo.

I can't wait to see it again this weekend....or for New Moon.
(Hey the movie may have been a disappointment to me, but it's still Twilight!)

Last edited by Moonlight Mistress; 11-24-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #80  
Randi

i had to see the movie 3 times before i could really pay attention to anything but robert pattinson, haha, i have a question, i'd look it up myself but i'm not at home and i don't have my book. but did edward really say "hold on tight, spider monkey" because, it was quite possibly the worst line in the movie haha
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #81  
I was born this way hey!

No..Rob actually adlibbed (spl?) it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #82  
Randi

lol well it makes me sad that i hate it then
Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #83  
I was born this way hey!

Lol!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #84  

Yeah...that def. was NOT in the book, and I laughed my a$$ off when he said it. What is that even supposed to mean? And, I'm sorry, but the "real" Edward would never say that! Or "Google it". LOL.

I think Rob is a freakin hottie as well, but not in this movie. He was too pale and brooding...and just not Edward (for me anyway).
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #85  
I was born this way hey!

I didnt like the way he sparkled. And that whole part when they were in the woods. Or was that supposed to be the meadow? I was really confused.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #86  

The sparkling was VERY poorly done. The way Stephenie describes it you imagine thousands of diamonds sparkling all over his skin and that it's almost blinding. (At least that's how I pictured it).

The movie Edward just looked like he had on glitter lotion. Not eye catching at all.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #87  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree, that whole meadow scene was just awkward and strange. It just didn't flow at all. There was so much cheese in that movie I couldn't take it!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #88  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Absurd View Post
The sparkling was VERY poorly done. The way Stephenie describes it you imagine thousands of diamonds sparkling all over his skin and that it's almost blinding. (At least that's how I pictured it).

The movie Edward just looked like he had on glitter lotion. Not eye catching at all.
Ya, I pictured him all diamond sparkly. It was just weird. And she didnt sound too convincing when she said he was beautiful. Stupid ManBella.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #89  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, I saw the movie this weekend. My husband is getting annoyed with me because I CANNOT put the books down. I started Twilight last Monday and am about 1/4 way through Breaking Dawn this morning. I love the books...the movie would have been great if not for these few pet peeves.

Perpetually moving camera. I know directors do this to add a sense of urgency or unrest to a movie, but, frankly, it gives me motion sickness and annoys me.

Make up. Hello! Vampires are light skinned all the way to their toes. It doesn't stop at their chins!! They all looked like they had on old fashioned hockey goalie masks!! Sparkliness was definitely understated. I pictured him looking more like a disco ball.

Rob Pattinson and all the Cullens were perfectly cast. I can't think of a better person to play Edward. In fact, give him a few years and I can see him as the next James Bond.

But...Kristen Stewart, although I think her LOOK was perfectly cast, her snotty, I-don't-want-to-be-here attitude was horrendous. I know Bella was a little like that because she didn't really like Forks, but this was more Kristen Stewart feeling like she'd stooped down for this role. I would have rather seen Emma Roberts or someone with a personality have the role. Or some new fresh person that nobody knows.

Anyhow...I'm off to get a new cuppa and continue reading. I should be cleaning the house, but Jacob just found out the Bella is back from her honeymoon. OMG...this is such a great saga!! Stephanie Meyers is such a great author. J.K. WHO???

Last edited by techwife; 12-01-2008 at 10:28 AM.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #90  
Addicted to potato salad!

Oh, and the other annoying thing was the little girls behind me in the theater. Every time Edward talked or smiled, I heard, "hehehheheheheh" behind me. Actually, it was kind of cute, but close to getting annoying. If I were a teeny bopper, I'd have been giggly, too.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote