3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   am i a prude(Please don't read if offended easily) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/154403-am-i-prude-please-dont-read-if-offended-easily.html)

kittycat40 10-20-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 2417001)
I didn't read it as judgment at all. I read "appropriate" as meaning well within norms. As might be lots of other and different people. When I say one person is appropriate, it does NOT logically follow that someone who is different is therefore inappropriate. More than one thing is allowed to be appropriate ;).

So in a sense I agree, sometime it helps to take a step back.

Sorry if I stirred the pot. :o
No, I am not saying being comfortable with nudity is at all inappropriate but I was saying that it not uncommon to be uncomfortable being nude with strangers. And being forced to so something one is uncomfortable with is inappropriate.

no judgement meant. truly. and I did question my own words when writing them b/c I realized they could have been taken the wrong way. but I couldn't in a short time frame find more "appropriate ones." :D

PhotoChick 10-20-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

No, I am not saying being comfortable with nudity is at all inappropriate but I was saying that it is "well w/in norms to be uncomfortable" being nude with strangers. And being forced to so something one is uncomfortable with is inappropriate.
GOTCHA. :) That makes sense to me and I agree totally.

Sorry for misunderstanding/misinterpreting. :)

tamaralynn 10-20-2008 07:10 PM

Good lord, you are NOT a prude - he's a sick individual who has control issues - one jerk usually attracts others, meaning his friends are just as slimy.

There's a difference between healthy sexuality and harmful - and he's deffinately on the harmful side.

I'm happy that you have gotten rid of him, if no - RUN!

What a putz.

JustWes 11-16-2008 03:19 AM

actually in my post I was assuming that she didn't think they were appropriate for her. No judgement here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoChick (Post 2416942)
And anyone whose boundaries are wider is "inappropriate"?

This is why I get kinda riled up about these kinds of threads. Who gets to decide what is appropriate for someone else?

I'd like to see some of the people in this thread take a step back in the passing judgment area. Just because you dislike something does NOT make it inappropriate for someone else.

Extasee58865 11-16-2008 07:32 AM

Just because you are not comfortable in those situations and don't put yourself out there like that, that does not mean you are a prude. Different people have different levels of sexuality that they are comfortable with. Please don't take this the wrong way, as it is not a bad thing, but you have not had many partners, 4 @ age 34. You obviously have huge respect for yourself and need more then just a "connection" to jump into bed with someone. If those people are comfortable with things like that, more power too them. They should not make you feel uncomfortable for being at a different sexuality level, just as you should accept whatever level they are at.