General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Thomas Kincade of cooking... Yup, that sums it up.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Her CONSTANT hand motions annoy the living daylights out of me....her food....meh....but, she's peppy and fun to watch on occasion.

I honestly cannot understand why people think she is such a great chef, though. She makes things like chili dogs on her show.

I agree with Mandalinn....she is WAY better than Sandra Lee.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

I have to say, if I had to choose between watching Sandra Lee's show or being beaten over the head with a rolling pin by Paula Deen while Rachel Ray stuck my arm in a food processor and Alton Brown zapped me with a homemade meat thermometer, bring on the physical torture! Really, most of her creations shouldn't even be considered edible. Don't even get me started on her "tablescapes".

But it's not really fair to include Alton Brown in all of that. He's such a sweetie
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #19  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Love me Rachael Ray... I love the bubbly, down to earth real personality beeming through type of gal she is.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl View Post
I have to say, if I had to choose between watching Sandra Lee's show or being beaten over the head with a rolling pin by Paula Deen while Rachel Ray stuck my arm in a food processor and Alton Brown zapped me with a homemade meat thermometer, bring on the physical torture! Really, most of her creations shouldn't even be considered edible. Don't even get me started on her "tablescapes".

But it's not really fair to include Alton Brown in all of that. He's such a sweetie

AH! Her tablescapes....I honestly wonder if she expects someone to go out and buy coordinating dinnerware for every single meal they make.

I also love how her kitchen and outfits match her tablescape.

The thing that annoys me the most is that she thinks that taking a frozen pie or cake and topping it with coolwhip (with a little vanilla stirred in) makes it home-made. Why not just take the extra minute and dump some whipping cream into a bowl and mixing it up. Apparently the vanilla in the coolwhip deadens all tastebuds to the unnatural flavor that is cool-whip.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote