General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default I don't know what to do.

I feel like I can't even breathe.

My husband is deployed right now, he's in the Marine's and he's deployed on the ship with the navy.

He can send e-mails to my phone, but I can only recieve 160 characters.

Today I got an e-mail to my phone telling me that he had bad news, and it was an e-mail that he was supposed to have sent to my regular e-mail, NOT my phone. It was too long for me to find out what the bad news was.

So, I talked to one of the wives whose fiance is on the same ship as my husband, in the same unit. She got an e-mail, too, saying that the guys are going into combat in Africa.

I'm so scared, I don't know what's going on and I can't get ahold of my husband. I want to know what's going on from HIM. I don't know when he'll be able to get in contact with me again and I don't know what's going on.

I'm so scared, I can't even think about working out today and I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel like I'm losing my mind.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Melissa,

Most bases have psychological and social support for families of deployed members of the armed services. Can you ask at your husband's base whether any support services exist? It might be really good for you to have people you can talk to.

It can be hard to feel like you have no control, and you don't have any at this point - I can't imagine what that feels like. But the other people in the same boat WILL be able to imagine it, because they've lived it. So please, reach out for help. You may be glad you did!

I know it is little to no consolation right now, but America is lucky to have people like your husband, and like you, to fight for our freedom.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #3  

I don't live on base, I moved back home while he was deployed so that we could save money.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/232/135

Default Hang in there...

I wish I could help you with this one. I myself don't have a family member in the military so I don't understand the time line of all these things. I am sure that you will hear something from him soon. I can understand how the not knowing and not hearing anything can make time seem like an eternity. Just hang in there and try to keep as busy as possible and keep your friends and family close.

I know you don't feel like working out but remember a good walk can help to clear your head and help with stress.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you...

Angela
txnikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

This is a longshot -- Can you call your phone provider to see if they can retrieve the rest of the message? It's worth a shot.

You and your husband are in my thoughts...
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #6  

I e-mailed the woman who is supposed to keep us updated on what's going on.

Hopefully she'll have some more information for me... and hopefully I'll hear from him soon... he told me that he would e-mail me as soon as he could. I don't know when that is, I'm hoping tomorrow since I'm sure he's sleeping now because of the time difference.

This is so hard, and there's no part of me that would ever give up on him or our relationship, but I just feel so confused. I think the hardest part is that I havn't heard it from HIM. If he tells me everything is going to be okay... then I'll know that it will. I have faith that he'll come home safe to me, I just hate not knowing what's going on.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #7  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Melissa,

Most bases have psychological and social support for families of deployed members of the armed services. Can you ask at your husband's base whether any support services exist? It might be really good for you to have people you can talk to.
I don't know how the military works in situations like this but even though you're not living on base, can you go to the base nearest your home to try and get the help/information on what Mandalinn suggested?

Quote:
I know it is little to no consolation right now, but America is lucky to have people like your husband, and like you, to fight for our freedom.
Melissa, you have no idea how much I agree with this, from the depths of my soul. Thank you and God Bless your husband and you for this sacrifice in order for us all to be safe. I pray you hear from your husband soon. Take care.

Freedom Is Not Free

Last edited by Hat Trick; 09-25-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

god bless.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Remember we're all here for support. And, like someone else said, we're so grateful for men like your husband who will help defend our country and for wives like you who support them and stand by them even when it's so hard on you. God bless you both.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #10  

I still havn't heard from him yet...

*sigh*
Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelypurple View Post
I still havn't heard from him yet...

*sigh*
But you will. I have many loved ones who are serving and whether they are in a combat zone or not it can be very hard to really know what's going on. I know it's very hard and frustrating for you and I have been there. My ex was in the special forces and it was near impossible to know what was going on with him from one week to the next when he was deployed so I know how hard it is, but I'm sure it's fine. I mean, you did hear from him originally so you know he's alright, right?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

And honestly, I wouldn't believe a thing from anyone until you hear it from him directly. Rumors like that can spread through units like wildfire without holding any water whatsoever.

I think the hardest part is that I havn't heard it from HIM. If he tells me everything is going to be okay... then I'll know that it will. I have faith that he'll come home safe to me, I just hate not knowing what's going on.

Boy do I feel for you and I'm sure it will turn out alright, but you will be in my thoughts.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #13  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Lovelypurple, I cannot imagine being in the situation that you're in, but when I sit back, close my eyes and try to imagine myself in your place, and feel how you must be feeling, it's a really scary thing. I feel for you. I truly hope everything turns out alright and that you hear from your husband soon.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:24 AM   #14  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

I am with you. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me and we'll get on YIM or some such and chat. My hubby is deployed in Iraq right now, and I moved to my hometown while he's gone (then my parent's promptly moved, but that's gonna be a whole other thread). Just know, if he was able to email it, the news can't be THAT bad.. Anything of that caliber would not have been allowed to be sent in such a vulnerable type of communication, and opsec would not have allowed it. So reassure yourself that you can survive til you talk to HIM, and that 90% of the time, the guys have a whole different idea of what is bad news than we do.. Lots of fellow military wife love coming your way....

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote