General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #16  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I was 19. I was always terrified of getting pregnant in high school, so I waited it out. The guy and I only lasted 3 months, but I wouldn't change it. It happened, I thought I loved him, and I was responsible about it.
I married the second guy I was with, and if not for the two beautiful daughters I got from the marraige, I'd regret that one.

Now I'm with someone I've known most my whole life, and, aside from my kids, he's the best thing to happen to me.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #17  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I guess I waited longer than others... I was 22... He was someone I was "dating" but he was never serious about me, but I was quite in love with him at the time. We only saw eachother for a couple weeks after. I guess I don't really regret it now, though I think I would have waited for the Next Guy because he and I are friends all these years later. My husband (who was not the Next Guy) says he wouldn't not have been interested in me if he found out I was a virgin.

Last edited by Skullarix; 09-13-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #18  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I was 19 and had been engaged for a year and with him for 3. Now we are happily married. It was so beautiful....I wouldn't change a thing.

PS. About 18 months before our wedding, we decided to be abstinent. It was a good choice and allowed us to go through premarital counseling focusing on what was really important. It also made wedding night awesome!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/188/150

Height: 5'9"

One month before my 18th birthday, with my first serious boyfriend. When I told him it was painful, he said (and I quote) "Sometimes, you've got to take one for the team".

I should have run the heck out of there right at that moment. But I didn't...we stayed together for 2 and a half years. Eek.

I don't regret it, because it was going to happen anyway. Now I'm with a man who is so wonderful and considerate, and would never DREAM of saying anything like my ex did. So sometimes, I wish it could have been with him instead.

Live and learn, right??
cjb0arder13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #20  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilit tera View Post
This is a difficult subject for me. I was 13, had self-esteem you could measure in negative figures, and didn't really understand what was happening at the time.

If I had the chance to take back what happened, I would. I don't think I would have waited for marriage, but I would definitely like to have been more in control of the situation.
This was exactly my experience. Only I can add that they guy brought a gaggle of friends to watch my 'deflowering' in the window. I found out a week later when all of his friends started hitting on me after he dumped me. I remember crying because it hurt so bad.

I can't tell you the damage this did to my self esteem and my views on sexuality...even to this day. It had a devastating effect on my judgement of men all through my 20's and 30's.

I didn't get married until I was 37, so waiting would have been nearly impossible, but I have always been envious of people that waited until their wedding night.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

12, stoned and a random guy I had met that same night laster less than two mins. For me to then go puke , I think that somehow I would of rather of waited.
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post

I didn't get married until I was 37, so waiting would have been nearly impossible, but I have always been envious of people that waited until their wedding night.
I don't think waiting until 37 is virtually impossible. I knew someone who waited until their wedding night and was in his early 30s. His wife waited as well and she was mid 20s.

Maybe its just me but I've known many people who didn't have sex until their early/mid 20s.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #23  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I also know quite a few people who waited until they were older to have sex... and I know a few people who are STILL virgins, even at around 24 - 27 years old (and not for religious reasons either -- they just want to find someone special before they do it).

But I do think that for most people waiting to have sex until you're in your 30's is unlikely to happen.. unless you have a particular belief-system that you adhere to that forbids sex before marriage, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I don't think waiting until 37 is virtually impossible. I knew someone who waited until their wedding night and was in his early 30s. His wife waited as well and she was mid 20s.

Maybe its just me but I've known many people who didn't have sex until their early/mid 20s.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #24  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I was 22. It was with a guy I loved and wanted to marry. Looking back, I'm really glad we didn't end up together. I am glad I waited that long and that he meant something to me. I'm also glad I didn't wait for marriage because I think I would have felt a certain pressure to marry the wrong man, just from the physical desire.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #25  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

that "take one for the team" is really bothering me, and people wonder why we say men suck sometimes!!!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm 29, and haven't. The topic of virginity is a very very hard one for me to talk about with ppl I know. I'm a bit better with strangers, ( thus, being able to admit it here ) but it's still hard. I never wanted to wait till marriage, but did/do want to wait for someone special, and not just a one night sort of thing. I have some social hangups, and prob more hangups when it comes to sex. I don't know if I feel like I"m not worthy or what exactly. It's like, I know I am, but when it comes to close to anyone showing romantic feelings for me, I push them away before I can get hurt. But yeah, it's not something I talk about with the ppl I know, bc I have always thought it would of happened by now, and I feel like a social outcast when the topic comes up around my social circle.

At this point in time, I almost have the feeling that it just isn't gonna happen.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #27  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
This was exactly my experience...
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #28  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I'm 29, and haven't. The topic of virginity is a very very hard one for me to talk about with ppl I know. I'm a bit better with strangers, ( thus, being able to admit it here ) but it's still hard. I never wanted to wait till marriage, but did/do want to wait for someone special, and not just a one night sort of thing. I have some social hangups, and prob more hangups when it comes to sex. I don't know if I feel like I"m not worthy or what exactly. It's like, I know I am, but when it comes to close to anyone showing romantic feelings for me, I push them away before I can get hurt. But yeah, it's not something I talk about with the ppl I know, bc I have always thought it would of happened by now, and I feel like a social outcast when the topic comes up around my social circle.

At this point in time, I almost have the feeling that it just isn't gonna happen.
I was 29 before I found someone that I had an interest in having sex with. It wasn't religion. It was just I felt different and my feeling towards opening up toward others was different. I dated guys in my 20s for up to a year and even though I liked them a lot, it just didn't feel right.

I think I did have to change myself a bit and feel that I was worthy of love. One thing you do have to try to work on is yourself, believe you are worth love and be able to open up yourself to someone.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #29  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLK View Post
I also know quite a few people who waited until they were older to have sex... and I know a few people who are STILL virgins, even at around 24 - 27 years old (and not for religious reasons either -- they just want to find someone special before they do it).

But I do think that for most people waiting to have sex until you're in your 30's is unlikely to happen.. unless you have a particular belief-system that you adhere to that forbids sex before marriage, that is.
Well I wouldn't argue that for most people it wouldn't happen, I just don't think its virtually impossible. I actually forgot but I do 'suspect' (high likelihood although I can't guarantee) someone else who was in her mid 30s. That was when she had her first boyfriend and she is kind of like me so I would be surprised if she did before then. And had nothing to do with religious reasons.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #30  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
What age were you when you lost your V-Card. Any regrets? Was it to a husband or wife? Would you lost it to the same person again?
No regrets. We were both virgins, both 15, both totally in love and stayed together for a good bit of high school after. Remained friends after breakup, etc.

Allllll good. Also lost the big V "with protection." Was very well-informed and prepared so there were no mistakes, no regrets, but still young enough to not feel like I was the last one to do it. Not too young to have really made the choice for myself.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote