General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The kitty that peed on my also only never went outside of the litterbox (except on the one, notable incident unless she had a UTI. We didn't know why she always got them every year at Christmas, until we discovered she was eating the cotton batting under the tree (the kind with sparkly tinsel in it). We switched to the cotton without tinsel, and we sprayed a repellant on the cotton. No more Christmas UTIs.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

exactly, any change in a cats peeing habits are suspicious
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #18  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

My current cats have not had many out of box accidents. But when I was in college I adopted and old beotch. But she loved me. She would poop in the shoes of my dates. Only the ones she did not like which was all of them but my husband...one of the reasons he is my dh is that he was Paddy approved! My cats do roam everywhere. I did try training them with a spray bottle of water. All they did was play in the stream of water so I gave up.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #19  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Whatever you do, make sure it's CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN before you fire up the stove or oven. Even the tiniest bit left over (even after using heavy duty cleaners) it can STINK up the kitchen royally!.

My friend had a cat who thought that the stove was a freakin litter box. It would ONLY pee on the stove, when no one was home!!

YEEEUCK!

I'd deffinately get momma cat checked out. I'd hate to hear she has a UTI
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #20  
Operator265

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Put jammies and comforter in washer
took shower
got dressed
started washer
cleaned litter box
checked to see if cat was hurt
And if it wasn't hurt, Make sure it got that way real quick.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think the thump on the wall was punishment enough (probably a good thing it was me that got peed on, and not my dad).

I had a bunny rabbit as a pet as a kid (a big NewZealand White), and I was holding him on my lap while chatting with the elderly lady next door (everyone in the neighborhood called her grandma and she was in her late 90's) and the bunny usually loved to be petted, but was struggling and struggling to get down. I found out why, when he peed on my lap (and if you think a cat's pee is unusually stinky, a rabbit's pee smells like concentrated supercat pee, and it's kind of oily, blegh, blegh, blegh).

I did the same mad dash for the shower (barely stopping to put the rabbit back in his cage). I wasn't mad at him at all though, because he WAS trying to tell me he needed to get down, I just didn't listen, so I figure I was even more to blame for his "accident" than the cat's revenge (though she did make her point, I never forgot to change her litter - or any cat's litter in a timely manner again).

Wait, I can't say that (though technically it's been my hubby's job to change the litter), but recently we realized the litter had to be changed for our current kitty, when she protested the uncleanliness of the litter by leaving a poopy right outside the litter box (luckily still on the rug underneath the litter box).

Last edited by kaplods; 08-29-2008 at 11:29 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

My sister cat sat for me one time and my cat pulled the lint catcher out of her dryer and peed down the shoot. I think he was mad that I had left him. We laugh about it now, but it wasn't so funny at the time.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #23  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

kaplods- your story had me laughing so hard!

My cat never goes outside her box unless it is very messy or she is very angry. The other day both happened- she was in her corner yowling very angrily at me and i thought that was weird and got up and realized she'd pooped in front of her box and was b*tching at me the entire time she was doing it. ha! poor neglected kitteh.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote