General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #16  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

OMg, I have this one aunt who, when I was 15, gave me... A COLORING BOOK for Christmas! A COLORING BOOK -- a Barbie Coloring Book, to be specific. I was 15 years old and her rationale was that, as the "baby" of the family, I should love the gift. I was 15.

(and no, this aunt is not extremely old and/or senile; he was in her late 40's at the time...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
I know my preference as far as what I like to receive has changed since I've gotten older so I try to keep in mind that my friends and family have probably changed too.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Practical gifts for sure...sometimes things for the house such as pots & pans, bowls, dishes, sheets, etc. something I know the person needs or wants and/or gift cards. For the picky people in my life I buy the gift cards a lot so they can get what they want and they don't get a useless gift.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #18  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

i love getting practical gifts. Last christmas though, the hubs and I got a gift card for Chili's from 4 different people. Thanks...?
We like to put a lot of thought into what we get for others and admittedly we were taken aback by the lack of thought people gave us. Anyway, my hubs and I always get each other pretty practical things. He says I'm ridiculously hard to shop for because I don't wear a lot of make up OR jewelry. sheesh.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote