General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #31  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the tips Aphil- honestly I usually get overwhelmed when I go into any craft or fabrics store. There is just soo much and I want it all!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #32  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I just got in from AC Moore (I love that store) and bought some new yarn for my throw. All the halloween/thanksgiving stuff is out already. This summer is going so fast hard to believe christmas is only 4 months away.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
Kim- what is altered journaling? sounds like something I might enjoy. Also- ATC?
Sorry lizziep! I completely missed your post!

Here is info on the ATCs.

Here are some examples of altered journals. (It would be helpful to click the "Images Only" tab at the top of the thread unless you'd like to read the discussion.)

I couldn't find an FAQ about the journals, but you basically take an old book and do what I consider to be interpretive journaling. I use an old Webster's dictionary that was in a box of books that said "Free" on the side of the road. I typically paint or rubber stamp my pages.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Any of our other crafters a member of THIS online crafting community?

A lot of times my entire inspiration for a project comes from here.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I belong to ravelry and I want to sell on etsy. I also belong to several yahoo crafting groups, and now I'll have to considering adding craftster too. Thanks for the link!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #36  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
Any of our other crafters a member of THIS online crafting community?

A lot of times my entire inspiration for a project comes from here.
I am now I just registered with the site
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I like to paint, draw, use oil pastels. This weekend I started an oil pastel self-portrait. So far, I have the shape of my face finished, my nose, the outline of my eyes and some layers of flesh (gotta go over and over the skin with different colors so it looks life like).

I've tried knitting and believe that one day I will actually make something by knitting! I'm a slow learner when it comes to completing something with my hands. I have to try and err, try and err, etc. My goal would be to knit a Gryffindor scarf (nerd alert).

I would love to be able to sew my own clothes... but I'd say that's going to take awhile for me to learn.
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all I sometimes forget this section of 3fc is here, and I don't get a ton of time to dedicate to posting on the forums, but now that I've discovered a craft thread...oh my!

I too am a knitter, taught myself when I decided I could make my own scarves for cheaper than it would be just to buy one, and I recently taught myself to crochet. I consider myself an intermediate skill level...I can basically read any pattern and with a little work get it to turn out beautifully, but by no means do I have a thorough enough understanding to create my own original pieces. Maybe some day...

I'm a member of Craftster as well, but like I said don't get nearly enough time to search through it. This past week I also signed up with Ravelry

I used to make jewelry when I was in my early teens, but never did it the "right way" lol. I worked at a bead shop for a short time last year, where I learned enough jewelry-making techniques to get by, but I never really got into it. I don't think I've made a single thing since leaving the position, actually. (I take that back--I made a necklace as a gift, to match some earrings I'd made while I WAS still working there )

I really enjoy a lot of creative things, the "crafting" aspect is actually fairly recent (last 3-4 years?) Photography, live theatre, music, drawing...all things I enjoy.

I'm currently knitting myself THIS hat, getting ready for fall!

Last edited by x meowkat x; 08-03-2008 at 04:14 AM.
x meowkat x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Talking

I started a project this week and finished it last night. My sister is always looking for a small workout towel, so i made her one using the afghan stitch i've been practicing on. It looked okay. i will take a pic so you can see it later today.
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #40  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

sorry it took so long to get back here just been so busy the one i am currently working on is of 2 wolves behind some trees. it is not to elaborate. i will post a picture of it soon.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 08-05-2008 at 04:36 PM.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #41  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

altered journals sounds like a lot of fun. i think i could do that!!

i have always wanted to paint but honestly have been to afraid too. Like- the paper is so nice and pristine and I will likely just mess it up w/ anything i could do. heh. i know it's dumb, i do the same with journals- i get them as a gift and just can't bear to put my ugly writing inside them. lol. i'm weird i know. a painting class would be fun if i can get over my fear of failure.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

My main hobby is writing and then drawing. I love using paints and aquarelle (sp?) pencils for my drawings but most of my drawings are childish. I am a good writer though.

Now I want to persuade my grandma to teach me lace-knitting. She is seriously skilled with it. She recently made me a double-bed bed cover that had grapes and roses as a pattern. It's so lovely!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

I am a crafty fat chick also....lol
I love sewing and have just finished making the little taggie type blankets for my soon to be granddaughter..she is on her way.
I crochet and cross stitch..paint plaster..even pour it sometimes.
I love doing crafts but dont seem to find time to do them like i use too. I run an inhome daycare and right now Im keeping 3 kids age 2.LOL
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd stop by.

Tuesday, a friend came over to have me teach her how to sew. She brought a cape pattern, and all materials. I don't think she understood just how involved the project would be. Imagine, me teaching! DH even complemented me on how well I did!

After that, I picked up my crochet thread and flipped through some doily patterns, and started in. I was thinking about making doily sets for christmas, perhaps with beaded edgings.

Keep on crafting!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 292/292/199

Height: 5'3

I use to make jewelry but haven't done it in awhile. I have made magnets for presents, as well.
lipsofanangel is offline   Reply With Quote