General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #31  
Bikini Season :)

i dont have a lot of pictures of my ink... there are some photos...

i also have...

an OM on the back of my neck

in gaelic across my shoulder blades "only god shall pass judgment on me"

you see the one on my lower back....

on my rib cage on my right i have " i have existed for all of eternity, and behold here i am! and i shall exist until the end of time for my being has no end. "

my left hip says "lord, please listen to me."

my right thigh has a dragon

my left ankle has "have a thirst for life" - in sanskrit

on my left thigh, i have a small blank tic tac toe board...

my right forearm has a Buddhist mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum) which i have done in tibetan...

- then you also see my sleeve, my finger tattoos... -- to clarify -- the finger tattoos -- my fingerstache is my disguise , my exclamation point is for when im very serious, and the ones on my knuckles... heh... they are Air Quotes...

um... as far as piercings go...
my ear lobes, an industrial in my right ear, a 12g septum, 14g tongue, and a few girlie bits as well...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (24.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 071.jpg (31.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1360.jpg (25.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1359.jpg (33.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1358.jpg (29.2 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by KateRN; 05-05-2008 at 01:49 AM.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #32  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

nice Kate! my reward for losing my first 14 pounds is to get my industrial!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRN View Post
i dont have a lot of pictures of my ink... there are some photos...

i also have...

an OM on the back of my neck

in gaelic across my shoulder blades "only god shall pass judgment on me"

you see the one on my lower back....

on my rib cage on my right i have " i have existed for all of eternity, and behold here i am! and i shall exist until the end of time for my being has no end. "

my left hip says "lord, please listen to me."

my right thigh has a dragon

my left ankle has "have a thirst for life" - in sanskrit

on my left thigh, i have a small blank tic tac toe board...

my right forearm has a Buddhist mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum) which i have done in tibetan...

- then you also see my sleeve, my finger tattoos... -- to clarify -- the finger tattoos -- my fingerstache is my disguise , my exclamation point is for when im very serious, and the ones on my knuckles... heh... they are Air Quotes...

um... as far as piercings go...
my ear lobes, an industrial in my right ear, a 12g septum, 14g tongue, and a few girlie bits as well...

Your tats are very neat for the lack of a better word as I'm tired but can't sleep and its 4:40am! I would love to see a pic if you get one of your ribcage tat, that sounds really cool. You have girly bits done eh? I soooo want to do that! Well not the "bits" but the "bit"
martinlady711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #34  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Here are my tatt's. First one was on the back of my neck. It is the name Sewake. It is the Japanese side of my family. I put that one there for my oldest son. The next one is on my lower back, I do agree it is the most painful spot. I wanted to cry. even the tattoo artist told me that I'm gonna be saying, "F------ Leo". That one is for my husband. I still have to get three more. I want to get my DS2's and DD's actual baby foot prints on my back somewhere (not too painful hopefully) and I still have to get DS4's but don't know what I want for his.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1140.jpg (21.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1143.jpg (9.4 KB, 17 views)
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #35  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I got this back in 2005.

I'd love to have another one, but still not sure what yet. Getting another on my 30th bday.

My butterfly represents my freedom from abuse. I was abused throughout my childhood - and now that I have my own family - we're free from the cycle.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 05-06-2008 at 08:23 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Pharmacy View Post
Well, in pharmacy (especially retail), you deal with so much of the elderly population that it will be an issue for most of my career. Maybe not so much in a clinical/hospital setting.

Though I can understand their mentality, I think it's a little more comforting to see someone checking your medication that looks like they just left the library than a punk show.

Speaking of, I'm quite familiar with Nottingham. It's my home away from home when I'm in that part of the world. Well that and a tiny little farm of hippies out in Shropshire.
For my first pharmacy interview the woman was rather mean to me and said that I'd have to take my piercings out, I told her I'd get a retainer that you can't notice and she was like "no, you will have to actually take them out." I understand but there was no need to say it like that lol

For my second interview I just took them out before I went in.

All the elderly people I know (and I know a lot! lol) aren't phased in the slightest by them so I didn't really get why everyone half a mile up the road would be lol
Beckyx98x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #37  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

About a week before I started, I got called into the Dean of Students office and was told that my ink may be okay in some place like San Francisco, but it would not work here.

I'm not saying it's right, but the stereotypes associated with tattoos are out there. Does school make a bigger deal out of it than the real world probably will? Maybe, or most likely, rather. But I was also assigned to a different rotation due to my tattoos because it made a patient uncomfortable (my scrubs were torn on the leg in a me being clumsy and running into things accident). It completely changed her opinion of me. It was a small long term care facility and you know, I'm okay with it. I'm not out to change the minds of people who are almost 90 in a nursing home. My preceptor didn't blame me and in fact gave a glowing review so my school didn't think I was inept at patient care.

But pharmacy school opinions on dress are quirky. I think it just depends on where you are. I know a guy in his 3rd year who was turned away from an exam because he forgot a tie that morning. So he had to drive out to the closest mass merchant and buy one before they'd let him in.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

KateRN - I nearly spit my Diet Dew on the computer when I saw your finger tattoos, that is absolutely priceless! I love it! The disguise one is going to keep me giggling throughout the day and today with my biggest final coming I needed that I love all of the others too especially the one in gaelic, but those are really unique
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlady711 View Post
I have some piercings as well. I'd like -ahem- another one but im a bit chicken currently. I have my tongue, 2/3 ears, cartilage, and tragus. I could NEVER get my nipples done...the thought of it makes me wanna die really, even though I hear it doesn't hurt all that badly.
Nope. It was weird, no pain, just burning. Like they were on fire when the needle went through.

I also didn't think that my lower back tattoo hurt much. Now the one on my foot... Ooooo, did I curse A LOT with that one!

I don't think tatts are as taboo as they used to be. Being a GEN Xer (tail end~I'm a young Xer ) I've never known anyone of my friends (or family for that matter) that has said anything bad against tattoos. They aren't just for sailors anymore. I'll cover mine for work, but I won't take out my nose ring. I figure if they have that much of a problem with it then I shouldn't work there.

KateRN~Love the sleeve!

Last edited by zenor77; 05-05-2008 at 12:23 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 158.4/158.4/143

Height: 5'7

So many nice tattoos here.. I love them! ^__^ Maybe I'll post my tattoo later, hehe.
polypeptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #41  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

you better do girly... its one of my favourites
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208/-/170

Height: 5'8"

Don't have enough posts to post up photos, but I've got a snowflake on my back for every knee surgery that I've had, so that makers 8. They go from my *** to my shoulder.
GoNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I will have to get DD to snap a few pics of my 3. I have one on my left ankle of a dolphin, one one my right shoulder/back of a butterfly and a big one on my lower back moon/sun with waves. All very colorful.

I had my dolphin recolored and there was a girl getting the initial of her first name done one the back of her neck, must have been the same girl that was getting a tatt when Zen's lil sis was getting hers. Finally the girl that was doing the tatt told her if she didn't hold still and quit screaming she wasn't going to finish it.

I want portrait tatts of each of my kids when they were toddlers. I also want a saehorse, although I am not sure about placement of any of these. DH hates my tatts. In fact, when I got my butterfly (my second tatt) he didn't speak to me for 4 days. I did not "ask" him before I got it. When I got my 3rd tatt I didn't "ask" him, I TOLD him. He wasn't happy, but he didn't flip out like he did with #2.

Zen-
Your lil sis's koi is awesome. My 14 yo DD wants a Koi Tatt so bad!! I have told both kids to wait until they are 18. Mainly because I want themt o really give thought to what they get and not get something on a whim. Also the place I go will not even let you in the door if you are under 18. My son turns 18 and September and is planning on getting his first tatt then.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #44  
Bikini Season :)

aw thanks guys im glad you like my stuff! i'll take some more pictures of stuff soon and post them!!

to anyone considering getting your bits done - i HIGHLY suggest it!

i have had both my nipples done twice and i really really like it!

then i got *the* bit pierced - also, great decision! heals really fast too!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #45  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Kate B:

I was so happy to take her to get her first tattoo. She's just graduating high school and it was my graduation/birthday present to her. I'm glad she takes color so well. It's really vibrant even though she has a dark skin tone. I'm so pale that anything is super bright (maybe with freckle spots).
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote