General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #31  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

He got me.....

nothing LOL.

We've agreed that we'll have a nice thanks giving at the end of the month when we have a good paycheque.

He was just transferred to another location from his job so his pay was a little less then expected. All well I don't mind at all!
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #32  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

D) Other

Simply because I asked for them. I don't get the filled chocolates at any other time of the year, so I like to get a few really nice truffles from Godiva. I said I wanted for him to build me a box and that he could pick out any that he wanted, but it had to be a box with less than 10 in it. I can control myself around that kind of stuff for the most part... I'll probably have one every day until they're gone.

Edited to add: I think it also helps that they're more expensive than the average Whitman's Sampler or Russel Stover box. That way I feel like I'm chucking money down the toilet if I just binge on them without really savoring them and stretching them out over a long period of time.

Last edited by LindseyLouWho; 02-14-2008 at 10:07 PM.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

How did everyone do? My DH brought home chocolate. But he was considerate and got the WW chocolates. We shared them while we watched The Apprentice. I only ate 5 which is a serving and a half. Oh well. They were yummy!
cbuggin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #34  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Well I got 6 roses at work on Wednesday, and then the kids all got chocolate filled hearts, I was happy with that. I got him a sugar free chocolate heart. Then for dinner I was pretty zoned, due to some serious pain in my back and the meds that go with it. So we had turkey/mashed potatoes for our meal with our youngest, then I went to bed and he went with the toddler to a basketball game...worked out well.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #35  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I didn't get anything- but that was our agreement. To celebrate the day, the hubby and I just went and spent the day at Mohegan Sun last weekend, and agreed that such an event is more fun than chocolate and flowers and stuff like that
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Make him eat 3/4 of them!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #37  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually very surprised when he got me a dozen roses. He usually knows better than to buy me flowers but once in a while they are ok. Crazy man. We had a nice dinner at home (leftovers) but I made a chocolate dessert with fresh berries.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #38  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I'm so proud of you guys! Most everyone said they would eat one or two, and save the rest of give the rest away. I hope this is what actually happened.
As for me, dear hubby got me a big carton of fresh strawberries and a box of cookies (non-chocolate). He did good. I was going to eat some cookies yesterday, but we ended up eating a big dinner so I didn't eat any. I will share them with him tonight, but will not go over my calories for the day!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #39  
Time to get motivated!

S/C/G: 178/171/150

Height: 5'6''

Despite my boyfriend being my number one "get fit" pep band, he gave me a HUGE box of chocolate this year, it was so sweet of him, i just didn't have the heart to say anything about it, so i'm taking the route of "self regulation" a dangerous one to be sure, but i've been doing pretty well thus far...if i make it through the weekend i should be good.

You know what they say, "Nothing too much and everything in moderation!"

~Dimes
sliceoflife89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #40  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

He doesn't buy chocolate, cause he knows I don't want it ahead of time. However, he does like an ocassional chocolate. But, if he has them sitting around forever, cause he only eats one like every week LOL, I will end up dipping into them. So I bought HIM a box. A 3 piece sampler. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

My boyfriend bought me a box of dark chocolate truffles AND a box of chocolate raspberry truffles (they each had 12 in them). I ate one box and have 4 left in the other. I left them in his freezer though. I sent him a chocolate/cookie assortment to his work and he brought that home and I ate some cookies too. But everything was SO yummy.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #42  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Not a concern. He is ADAMANT about my not having any...ever.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #43  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Thank God we both see Valentines Day as a stupid Hallmark money making gimmick. I love not celebrating just because 'they' say you're suppose to.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote