General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #16  
Made of Starstuff

Oh I like this a lot. There are days when remembering kindness really perks me up!

That man who blessed me on the way out of the grocery store tonight and told me all my dreams would come true.

Strangers who wish eachother a pleasant day after spending only moments together. Like on an elevator.

My mother who sends me postcards, trinkets, small giftcards & cash (and sometimes change ) just because. <3 I should go call her....
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #17  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Faerie - me too! And the Jerk thread needed a happy, uplifting counterpart.

My partner, who when I said I was sort of dreading the idea of cooking dinner (I'm sick...really, bone-achingly, possibly the flu sick and it just seems like it would take so much energy), came home with soup, cold medicine, and sugar free popsicles without even being asked.

My mom, who calls to check on me and just to tell me things that remind her of me so we stay connected.

People who send cards, postcards, notes, or letters, in the mail, for any event or just because. It is so nice to get mail!

The woman in the apartment complex who forgave my rent being late at least 5-6 times (and the accompanying late fee) after I apologized and told her that my previous employer was not giving me my checks on time.

The nurse at the doctor's office who, when I had to get stitches, saw that I was creeped out and distracted me with conversations about my healthy lifestyle changes (I was about 1/2 through my weight loss by then, and she NOTICED).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thank you to people that CAR POOL!

Thank you to people that can drive without holding their cell phone...thus making the world a safer place!

Thank you to my wife for allowing me to make my "WOW!" comments, when we watch Ghost Whisperer on date night, and doesn't get jealous.

Thanks Babe for allowing me to be your equal out in public even though you own me!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #19  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

1. People who are polite ("Please" and "Thank You" seem to not be in some peoples' vocabulary anymore!)

2. People who hold the door for you

3. People who don't judge me solely on my tattoos!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hah, I have to add people who don't judge me solely by my appearance on that list, too! In bigger cities,short, wild, spikey hair is not uncommon on girls, but down here, all women are supposed to have long hair. Anything else is pretty much unfeminine

I have piercings, which makes some (mostly older) people think I'm uneducated, into drugs, or both, so it's nice when they give me a chance to show them I'm pretty much the exact opposite of what they initially assumed.

I also like people who don't think I'm just "trying to be cool" just because I don't dress in a conservative and boring manner.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #21  
Moderating Mama

The girl at Fleet Feet who made me feel better about my giant feet by taking off her shoes and showing me the size...one up from mine!

My former personal trainer who, even though I haven't paid for a session with him in over 8 months, corrects my form if he sees me doing something wrong.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #22  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
The girl at Fleet Feet who made me feel better about my giant feet by taking off her shoes and showing me the size...one up from mine!
Now I must know... how big are your feet? I went from a 9W to an 8 1/2W just because of the weight loss.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #23  
Moderating Mama

11. They used to be an 11W. Now they are just an 11 with normal width.

It stinks because most shoe stores don't carry the pretty girly running shoes in that size, so I have to wear men's shoes, and they aren't cute! I want some pink shoes!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

My DH for being the sweet man he is and putting up with me, lol.

My youngest son for wanting to put Christmas lights on the house. We didn't plan on doing too much because too many eaves and such.

The guy at Verizon for being so helpful.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #25  
Moderating Mama

The girl at Comcast for being so helpful, also. PSA to all 3fc'ers with Comcast - if you call their customer service and you are paying full, non-promotional prices and have been for at least 3 months, you can get whatever "new member" promo they are running currently. Just call 1-800-Comcast, go through their voice menu to say you want to upgrade your service, and ask them if your account qualifies for any promotions. After the promotion they put you on expires, you have to wait 3 months to qualify again, but we just saved $240 over the next 6 months in ADDITION to getting two additional premium channels that we didn't have before. Just make sure you put it on your calendar to downgrade your service back to the previous levels before they charge you full price when the promotion expires.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #26  

11? OOOO your feet are even bigger than miiiiine, mandalinn!!! (ok ok ok I probably got put on the jerk list now )

Mine aren't wide; just moderately long. They've been a 9.5-10 since I was... err... 13. In 8th grade, everyone constantly told me how big my feet were. I actually took pride in it because I thought it would mean that I would be tall. I wanted to be tall because a growth spurt in height meant an excuse for being so chubby!

I'm still not tall, but I'm surprised at how many women I magically tower over, as well as some men.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #27  
Moderating Mama

My partner is a 12. And YES, jerk list for you!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #28  

See, I honestly never knew why women with big feet got self conscious about it.

Is it supposed to be unladylike and/or ugly? I personally think it's just FRUSTRATING because so many cute/HOT shoes are never in my size. The girlfriend and I wear the same shoe size, so we hunt for nice ones together.

Now, I actually have a friend who buys men's shoes because her feet are bigger than most women's departments will offer.

SHE has BIG feet.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-16-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I want to add customers who realize that I'm not hindering their receiving of goods in any way, I'm just the middleman.

I get loads of customers who put ample amounts of pressure on me to "have it their way", and I hate telling people no

Last edited by Casandra; 11-16-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #30  
Moderating Mama

People who treat the people providing them with service respectfully. I really try hard to say, at the beginning of a customer service call where I am really heated or upset, "I know that you didn't cause this problem. I am just trying to get it resolved".