General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

When I was in high school we liked Neil Diamond...I am sure he is still popular with the "in crowd" ~ it was, after all, just 35 years ago.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-30-2007 at 10:19 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

10.31: I went to Target this morning and they were just starting to put out their Christmas albums. I got one by Celtic Woman (with Hayley Westenra who was looking for a while to be the next Charlotte Church) and one by Josh Groban: they may not be the ordained High Priest and Priestess of Kewwwwl, but IINM isn't Groban reasonably popular with teenage girls, and I figure you can't go too far wrong with Xmas music?
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

I think t-shirts are an awesome idea. I don't know about Christmas music, I think you actually CAN go wrong with that. It's a much different culture and they may not have the same religious beliefs and/or holiday traditions.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #19  

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy8888 View Post
I think t-shirts are an awesome idea. I don't know about Christmas music, I think you actually CAN go wrong with that. It's a much different culture and they may not have the same religious beliefs and/or holiday traditions.
I've never much liked getting clothing for anyone if I don't know what size they wear. I Googled "Christmas in Japan": the Japanese do celebrate Christmas with gusto, albeit in a secular way since Christianity is very much a minority faith there. That said, the albums I got do have a rather high Jesus/Santa ratio, should I trade them for something with a little more I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus ?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good music is good music if the listener has the right ears and a brain in his/her head . I think you made good choices. I've been in Thailand during the Christmas season and they celebrate like crazy over there, decorating practically everything with lights, Santa, reindeer, giant gingerbread houses,etc. --and they're mostly buddhist too.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #21  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
Good music is good music if the listener has the right ears and a brain in his/her head . I think you made good choices. I've been in Thailand during the Christmas season and they celebrate like crazy over there, decorating practically everything with lights, Santa, reindeer, giant gingerbread houses,etc. --and they're mostly buddhist too.
Thanks I needed that
Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

I'm so stupid! I forgot that you were the original poster and didn't realize you were telling us you made your choice. The more I thought about it, the more I thought that is a great gift. Even if they don't celebrate Christmas, they'll enjoy learning about our celebrations. And Josh Groban has a universal appeal.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote