3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   College Football (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/119633-college-football.html)

CLCSC145 10-13-2007 03:47 AM

Go USC! It's going to be fun (and nerve wracking) to watch Mark Sanchez start for the first time. I feel really sorry for John David Booty - not only for the broken finger, but because he's taking all the flack for the problems, but it isn't all his fault. They have a phenomenal number of players who are out injured, and some injured and still trying to play. I hope the fans can be supportive (i.e. no booing) whatever happens and remember these guys are kids and it's a game...

Good luck to everyone else!

EZMONEY 10-13-2007 01:59 PM

Hey C.C. I am looking forward to a new beginning today. We should find out if we just hit a bump in the road for a few weeks or if we are over-rated

Right now it is still possible to get the BCS Championship game...as long as we finish strong...especially agaisnt Cal And Oregon. If not...we will be lucky to get the Rose Bowl!...lucky....

We have been spoiled the last few years...wouldn't want it any other way!!

I believe it Pete....the future will always look good as long as he is COACH!...can't win 'em all...dang!

My son is coming over for the game....should be fun...but since we lost last week to Stanford, by BIL's alma mater and my niece (the step-daughter of that same BIL) goes to 'ZONA....we just can't lose today...my family will never make it out of family functions at their house ALIVE!!!

FIGHT ON!

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-13-2007 10:15 PM

AND THE NUMBER ONE FALLS....now this makes you wonder why the **** won't the bcs wake up and think about a play off situation when we have so many top ranked teams loosing games. Oh yeah...that's right...there's waaaaayyyyy too much money tied up in those lil ole bowl games. It wouldn't work the same with playoffs. Ahhhh big business...got to love it. Why is football the only college sports team that doesn't do play offs. How stupid is that. I guess it would probably take a while too. But Hello...this year is yet another reason why we really should think about playoffs.

EZMONEY 10-13-2007 11:01 PM

Now #2 CALbeserKLEY...yipee...I guess!

USC won big...hahahah...over that powerhouse Arizona...by a whole touchdown and extra point...wow...er...ouch...

glad to get the win but OH MY!....so many injuries....so many tough games yet to play...

looked so promising not too long ago....

ya gotta love it!

UPSET after UPSET!!

LondonJulz 10-14-2007 12:32 AM

I LOVED that LSU lost!!!!! I agree about the bracket system. Why couldn't they do that with the winner of each division... set up a bracket style tourney and see who the best of the best truly is!

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-14-2007 08:58 AM

julz..normally i wouldn't mind if lsu wins since it looks good for the sec..however i feel after how crappy they played against uf...they shouldn't have been still ranked #1. we made them look bad. Even if they did win...they didn't play great at all. Oh well...once again..the bcs and their poll system sometimes is just too silly.

CLCSC145 10-14-2007 03:36 PM

Yesterday was HEAVEN!! Cal and LSU fell and USC won?! I LOVE college football!

It amazes me that almost none of the sportscasters and writers are talking about how many injuries SC has had. 4 MORE players went down yesterday. There are only a few players starting now for SC that were starters at the beginning of the year on either offense or defense. Given that, I think any win, no matter what it looks like, is awesome. Go Trojans!

LondonJulz 10-14-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA (Post 1892353)
julz..normally i wouldn't mind if lsu wins since it looks good for the sec..however i feel after how crappy they played against uf...they shouldn't have been still ranked #1. we made them look bad. Even if they did win...they didn't play great at all. Oh well...once again..the bcs and their poll system sometimes is just too silly.

I've never been a fan of LSU. First reason is Les Miles. I won't go into it, I just have issues with him. I agree COMPLETELY with you about LSU still being #1 after how lousy they played against Florida. Everyone was talking about what a victory for LSU and how they stomped Florida. I'd hardly call what they did a victory. They were behind in score the ENTIRE game until, literally, the last minute. Not so much a victory as much as it was luck. So, I was happy that they fell to the #17 team. I was rooting for Kentucky. Though next week, Kentucky will be my rival! ;)

I was also glad that OU beat Mizzou. I'm an OU fan simply because I live in Oklahoma and all the OU fans here seem to be as passionate as those who are Florida fans....whereas OSU fans seems to be more cocky....like LSU. So, I decided I'd root for OU when needed. :D

Congrats on the win USC fans! Sorry to hear about all the injuries. I heard about a Gator Football player being killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday. That's so sad! (though they were on a motorcycle, speeding, and no helmets.... so, it's sad - but he was also not being very smart).

LondonJulz 10-15-2007 10:32 AM

Okay...since when does the National Championship games include Canada???

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was at my old church watching the National Championship game on the big screen in the sanctuary....

the Gators were in the National Championship game.... and the team they were playing against was Dartmouth (I haven't heard about Dartmouth in YEARS)... the only thing was that Dartmouth wasn't from New Hampshire.... they were from Canada! The good news was that the Gators were ahead. There was a minute left in the 3rd quarter.... the score was 16-15.... then the TV switched over to PBS.... and Tim Tebow walked into the church. *hubba, hubba*

I think I've gone completely loopy and need professional help! lol :crazy:

CLCSC145 10-15-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonJulz (Post 1893230)
.... and Tim Tebow walked into the church. *hubba, hubba*

I'll second that! :D

DGAdDawg 10-18-2007 02:01 PM

I just had to join this fan since there are so many GATOR fans in it. I just have to say....GO DAWGS!

Yeah, we're having an iffy year. I'm not predicting a win for next weekend...I'm :( cause it will be the first time in 4 years I haven't gone to the Cocktail Party. I just hope we wake up and play a good game and don't get trampled. Yeah, we've lost the past few but we usually play a close game.

As awesome of a game the UK-LSU game was, I've been hoping all season that LSU would go all the way. I knew my Dawgs wouldn't, and I didn't want a Gator repeat, but I wanted an SEC team to win it all. Maybe they still have a shot.

And wow...who would have though Kentucky and Vanderbilt would start showing some teeth?

And just throwing this out here...I hate Steve Spurrier. He is :devil:

EZMONEY 10-18-2007 08:23 PM

Welcome DGAdDawg ~ but I think you are mistaken....nobody around here likes the GATORS....that I know of ;)....but I think we all dislike Steve Spurrier!

Hey C.C. remember when we played Notre Dame and it was considered a BIG game?

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-18-2007 08:39 PM

lol at gary...hmmm nobody likes the gators...lol..you made a funny. But you are right about one thing..most of us HATE steve spurrier...i even hated him when i was going to UF and he was coaching there and helped us win the first national champs..he's a pain in the butt...a whiny annoying coach.

DGAdDawg 10-18-2007 11:36 PM

He's a jerk!! After South Carolina beat UGA this year(barely), he said "Its not like they are a good, strong football team...they've lost 6 straight SEC East games. They lost to Vandy and Kentucky". Um, yeah, but it also took you 3 years to beat us. And we beat Auburn, Ga Tech, and Va Tech to finish the 2006 season. Shut up, Spurrier.

LondonJulz 10-19-2007 09:15 AM

:yikes: I guess I'm the only one here who actually likes / loves Steve Spurrier? :^: I loved him during his Gator days. I was sad when he left UF. However, I think it's awesome when the Gators beat SC.

And, Gary is right, no body here likes the Gators....

we LOVE, ADORE, and WORSHIP the Blue and Orange....the only SEC team who deserves a trip to the National Championships (yes folks, I am speaking about the GATORS... I am a fan... I am allowed to dream!)