General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

YEAH! MICHELLE!

So glad you started this! I am really excited and PO'd at our RAIDERS right now with the Russell ordeal. I am thinking Kiffin will be a big improvement. Having a chance to get Culpepper at the last minute is about asd good as it could get. You gals are right on on Brooks last year

Although I enjoy pro football, I enjoy college football much more! Years ago I used to attend a lot of USC games...been to a couple of ROSEBOWLS...nothing like it!

My entire family are USC fans. My son, daughter and I have been RAIDER fans for life. My daughter in law is a huge USC fan ~ she was a leader there. Both my daughter in law and son in law are charger fans. Football season is fun around here, especially with the big years USC has had the last 5. We all know the years for us RAIDER fans have been a little lean

Well I will be back but right now I hafta go watch barry BIG HEAD bonds strike out against our DODGERS MICHELLE
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #17  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I also watch the Packers (only until Brett Favre retires though) and the Colts (because the Vols were the only college team I ever really watched because Peyton IS a Manning afterall LOL, gotta stick with my home fries)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Michael Vic saga? I hope the Falcons drop him. He is SOOO overrated in my opinion. Yes, it's good if a Quarterback knows how to scramble in a tight situation...But they need to know how to PASS the ball too damnit. He has a strong arm, but his accuracy and choice of throws are questionable at the least.

PS....I HATE LSU.
And that's the word.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #18  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

And since there are so many Raiders fans here..I lived in California til I was about 3, and I attended my first Saints game vs. the Raiders in L.A. Seems like A LONG time since they were the L.A. Raiders huh. We were pretty much the only Saints fans there by the way
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #19  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

13 days till my first game OMG i feel like im gonna jump outta my skin i cant wait and im SUPER excited , gosh i hope for big things this year maybe 3 wins
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 229('06)/214/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

I agree sockmonkey, that Vick is far too over rated. Of course being a Manning fan, I like pocket QB's so all this running around just drives me up the wall lol. And I used to think McNair was bad!

The Hall fo Fame Game and induction is this weekend. Not too exciting but at least it starts to mark off the upcoming new season. I'm semi-interested in hearing what Michael Irving has to say in his speech.

Ummm anyone else think Rich Eisen is sexy?
lavidasofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Looooooooooooove football!!

BILLS fan here! (Grew up in WNY) We always have hope each year.... So glad Marv Levy is on board again with the Bills Org.

I just washed my Bills gear in anticipation for the season starting.

I see we have a lot of AFC people here!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #22  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Going to Philly in Sept to see the Eagles vs. Detroit. We are SUPER SIKED!!!
But in the meantime we'll have to settle with the Cardinals. sheesh.
Football is KING in our house too!!
-Jan

PS Rich Eisen is cute.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #23  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ok well my steelers ( 2nd fav team) spanked new orleans last week i cant wait till sat to see where my raiders are at hopefully they come out strong and stay strong
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #24  
Addicted to potato salad!

You know, other Bills fans I know seem to love that JP Losman creature. I think he's about as reliable as Ryan Miller is as Goaltender for the Sabres in the last five minutes of the game. Only JP is that unreliable for the whole game. Maybe Marv Levy will work wonders with him and I'll start to be impressed this year. I've always been die-hard Bills fan and still they're my favorite team...but at 41, I'm getting sick of wasting my time and emotions on a team that looses so much (with the exception of the late 80's and early 90's...) I'm not a bandwagonner....I've been through it through thick and thin (did I mention the Raiders game with the temperature at 14 below zero...I was there...in the 40th row of the upper deck of Rich Stadium...when there was only 40 rows in the upper deck...never thought I'd be warm again....anyhow...)...I'm just saying that the last couple years, I've been having more fun watching Peyton Manning soar to stardom. At 41 years old, I'm starting to learn that I don't always have to cry watching my favorite team lose all the time, I can still root for them while rooting for the WINNER, Peyton Manning.

Anyhow...I'm hot and have to go lay down my the air conditioner. I don't know how people in the south can handle this for more than a month a year.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #25  

Hey Techwife, I was at that game too! Makes me shiver just to think about it! I was also at the game where we hold the greatest comeback in NFL history and beat the (then) Oilers to get into the playoffs! Frank Reich pulled us out of that hole! What a game!!

I know it's hard being a BILLS fan, but I always have that glimmer each season. Since the Sabres laid down and rolled over and showed their bellies this year, it really does make me wonder about the "Buffalo Curse"...

Still a fan though....
Old 08-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #26  

I'll never forget that Oilers game. My best friend's husband was a die hard Oilers fan and I lived with my best friend and had to go to work that day and saw him and said, "May the best team win." Well, I got home that night and was lambasted about how the Bills are owned by the mafia and they cheated, etc, etc, etc and I was like, Ya know...I was working...its not my fault...lay off!! It was a SWEET comeback, though...

Don't even get me started on the Sabres. I feel like cutting my Briere jersey into tiny pieces or lining my litter box with it. Not so much mad at Briere, but at management for letting him go to the FLYERS!! I hate Marty Biron now...I think he helped talk him into it. Have you been to the Flyers website? They have a picture of the top four players they acquired and the picture of Briere looks like it could be captioned, "I just made a TON of money..." Oh, well...I also have a Vanek jersey that I'm really glad of. He'll make up a lot of the slack without our Briere and Captain Clutch (Drury). It'll be interesting to see how the sheets shake out. I just don't understand what happened to the management this year...I think their brains were stuffed with golf balls. I love Miller...especially in the shootouts...but he ALWAYS lets one go in the last couple minutes of the game...he could have so many shutouts if he kept his focus for the entire 60 mins of game play.

Anyhow...this is about football. Back to that subject... I've been a bit disenchanted with football over the last few years...more of a mean mentality, millions of dollars to players that are terrible role models to our kids and not as much love for the game from the players. Not a whole lot of stars (except for Peyton Manning and Marcia (tom) Brady). Hockey's getting to be just as bad with the money, but the love of the game is still strong and I like that.

By the way...I have an EXCELLENT black bean salsa that is an excellent thing to have on the coffee table with some triscuits on Football Sundays!!

Black Bean Salsa:

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

handful of fresh chopped cilantro (more or less depending on how much you like it)

half of a large purple onion

two vine-ripened tomatoes

juice of 1 lime

fresh-ground black pepper

cheyenne pepper for heat if you like hot salsa OR a couple diced pepperoncinis

Okay...cut it all up, toss it together and let it sit for an hour or so and scoop it up with Triscuits. Its all good and the triscuits are 100% whole wheat. GREAT snack for watcing football on Sundays!! Or hockey on any night of the week!!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #27  

Ohhh YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe!

Yeah, I can't talk about the Sabres too much right now either. Just frustrates the heck out of me! But it will be interesting to see who steps in Drury's place... maybe we could steal another Avs player!! And the Stars have a tainted cup from 1999... the foot WAS in the crease, dangit! (I'll never let that go!)

Anyway, yeah, Football is just around the corner and I really look forward to the first game being it's the Jills and the Donkeys... I mean the Bills and the Broncos... But it's in Buffalo this year and since I live near Denver, I thought it was the Bills' turn to come out here! UGH!!!

"Are you ready for some football?"
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymster View Post
Yeah, I can't talk about the Sabres too much right now either. Just frustrates the heck out of me! But it will be interesting to see who steps in Drury's place... maybe we could steal another Avs player!! And the Stars have a tainted cup from 1999... the foot WAS in the crease, dangit! (I'll never let that go!)

"Are you ready for some football?"

Did you see Don Cherry giving Brett Hull an earfull this playoff season about that shot? Brett Hull was talking about some goal that should have been a no-goal (I think it was a Vanek goal) and Don Cherry was all, "Oh, like you're one to talk Mr. Shot From The Crease" and Brett Hull was all, "We won that fair and square!" and Don Cherry was all, "Oh, don't give me any of that bull, that was a no-goal and you know it...to bad you didn't win it clean!" it was great...Brett Hull didn't know what to do and Don Cherry doesn't put up with anyone's nonsense. I love Don Cherry. And not just his clothes, either!!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

GO RAVENS!!!PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Its going to be such a great year. This is why I work sats so I can sundays off. For 17 weeks there is always something to watch and talk about.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

FOR MICHELLE!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-16-2007 at 10:12 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote