General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

ROFLMAO Gary.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #17  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie JUMPS up outta bed yelling "Get the blankity blank off me!
Sothat's what she calls 'it' your blankity blank?

lol I call my husband's 'Harry'
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
and this has been going on a little over a year now.
Uh oh. Ummm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news...well not really ... but this can go on for 10 years.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

it could be worse...at least you had your kids at a normal age. My friend is going through menopause AND weaning her child at the same time.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

ROFL, Yep Gary that is pretty much how DH learned I was starting menopause. Sorry you had to waste that little blue pill. LOL.

Hint, our new king size bed was a good investment cause he got tired of me throwing his arms and legs off of me. He loves to snuggle and I just want my space. LOL. Being the sweetie that I am , I did buy him a huge body pillow for him to snuggle to. LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 08-01-2007 at 11:25 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #21  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am so screwed ..I'm already hot all the time, have hot flashes, night sweats etc....have had all of that since hitting puberty. I sneak out of bed every night and go sleep in the downstairs room because it is cooler.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #22  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Gary...in terms you migh best understand. It's kind of like being on a roller coaster in the dark so you cant see whats coming and the roller coaster is plunging randomly into volcanic furnace caverns and glaciers all while going up and down throwing scary monsters and WORSE fields of annoying things like mosquitos and places where you stop suddenly and get chinese water torture. You'll be panting with relief during the climbs only to find them suddenly sending the ride backwards in freefall.

BWAHAHAH I think this is a GREAT ride...6 flags should take my idea....the biggest scariest coaster of ALL TIME...THE MENOPAUSE. I crack myself up

What's a guy to do? Grin, bear it and act as though you are having the time of your life.

P.S. Did I mention there are no seatbelts or safety bars on this ride?

I almost died reading this, from laughing!!!!

This post is the best- hilarious, but oh so very true!!!!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by newFannie07 View Post
ROFLMAO Gary.
Anything to cheer us up KERRY as the baseball season gets nerve racking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
Sothat's what she calls 'it' your blankity blank?

lol I call my husband's 'Harry'
I hope that isn't "dirty" Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Uh oh. Ummm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news...well not really ... but this can go on for 10 years.
Thanks BIMBO...reminds of the M.A.S.H. song ~ Suicide is Painless.

Quote:
it could be worse...at least you had your kids at a normal age. My friend is going through menopause AND weaning her child at the same time.
ENNAY at NO time have I ever been normal at my age. Get away from that friend of yours while you still have the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
ROFL, Yep Gary that is pretty much how DH learned I was starting menopause. Sorry you had to waste that little blue pill. LOL.

Oh my goodness LILYBELLE ~ the pill didn't go to waste...heck no...being a guy...as all guys know...sometimes we just have to take "things" into our own hands. Man that was a looong night

Hint, our new king size bed was a good investment cause he got tired of me throwing his arms and legs off of me. He loves to snuggle and I just want my space. LOL. Being the sweetie that I am , I did buy him a huge body pillow for him to snuggle to. LOL.
You are much sweeter than Angie ~ she just bought me a body pillowCASE...to put over my head!

Quote:
I am so screwed ..I'm already hot all the time, have hot flashes, night sweats etc....have had all of that since hitting puberty. I sneak out of bed every night and go sleep in the downstairs room because it is cooler.
Well ENNAY, you could always do your fantasy league trades then...did I mention I dropped Lindsay Lohan from my fantasy team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I almost died reading this, from laughing!!!!

This post is the best- hilarious, but oh so very true!!!!
That's great STEELSLADY but ANGIE read this thread today and I'm not so sure she felt the same humor WE did

But she did say ENNAY'S account of the ordeal hit it RIGHT ON!

Thanks gals for helping me move on with my life without
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #24  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gary, I'm glad you were able to "take matters into your own hands" LOL, that's what DH would do. As a matter of fact, I think he's better at it than I am. More practice I guess. LOL

BTW, I had DH read this whole thread last night and he laughed so hard he about fell out of his chair. ROFL.

As for Angie just buying you the large body pillow case to put over your head, at least she didn't use it to tie you to your own side of the bed. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Gary, I'm glad you were able to "take matters into your own hands" LOL, that's what DH would do. As a matter of fact, I think he's better at it than I am. More practice I guess. LOL

LILYBELLE ~ between marraiges I practiced so much I was almost blind.

BTW, I had DH read this whole thread last night and he laughed so hard he about fell out of his chair. ROFL.

Glad my misery makes your day

As for Angie just buying you the large body pillow case to put over your head, at least she didn't use it to tie you to your own side of the bed. LOL.
BM (Before Menopause) we used to call that foreplay
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #26  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
BM (Before Menopause) we used to call that foreplay
Still is. It means you gonna go through **** fore play.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I love it BIMBO....LOVE IT!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #28  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey - this is an amusing thread and I hope I don't screw it up by being serious here! But first to give hope to the younger ladies -- it is not inevitable! Not everyone gets these awful symptoms! I am post-menopausal now for three years and I have never had a hot flash, or any of those other jekyll-hyde things I hear about! I just don't have a TOM anymore.
Second - maybe a suggestion that will help those who get hot and sweaty at night, I don't know..... but I have a water bed and I am never hot and sweaty in it. When I sleep in a "normal" bed I do notice that I get uncomfortably warm. It is as though in a normal bed I control the bed's temperature with my body temperature. In my waterbed the thermostat is set to 83 degrees and it regulates itself to stay there despite my 98.6 body temp. So maybe a waterbed or other temperature controlled bed might help? Just an idea.

Oh wait, let me back track about differences after menopause. I do notice one difference. I feel like a kid again. And that means that those insanity hormones that kick in at puberty are done taking their effect. So, now I'm back to that kid-like "eeeeywww,, they're kissing....gross." Which is fine for me because I am mateless. Some might find it disadvantageous though!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Hey - this is an amusing thread and I hope I don't screw it up by being serious here!

We are totally serious about everything here SPINY.......................................

Second - maybe a suggestion that will help those who get hot and sweaty at night, I don't know..... but I have a water bed and I am never hot and sweaty in it.

We had a water bed once ~ well actually it was from a beer I spilled, regardless Angie wasn't too fond of it.

So, now I'm back to that kid-like "eeeeywww,, they're kissing....gross." Which is fine for me because I am mateless. Some might find it disadvantageous though!
YA think? Yeah ~ ME!