General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #16  
ugggg.....

Gary, we laugh with each other not at each other!! I feel your pain, I was in an almost accident and my glasses broke while my face was meeting the dash--the lense put a scratch on my eye and it was one of the the worst things ever. I still get floaters but no permanent damage. Hugs to you!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

it is so nice to hear that i am not the only vaudeville act anymore. I am sorry you broke your eyeball, Gary.

Once I simultaneously broke my toe and burned my boobs! That was a fun one to explain.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
....I have been closely following your heartfelt tales about your daughter and now husband. I think you sound like a great dad, if not just a little overprotective..

Maybe More than just a little

Maybe you can guilt trip her into coming home early from her honeymoon if she hears dear old dad had such a horrible accident.
Just LOVE your thinking SOCKMONKEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post

Oh, and be VERY glad you didn't have that black eye for the wedding photos...your daughter would not have been amused.
Amanda, your grandpa is very smart! My Amanda would probably prefer me with "normal" eyeballs...but with me ANYTHING is normal I am glad though that it happened after the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
....... We had to do the same thing with our garage fridge after I dropped a bottle of beer--although it just broke rather than explode!

So good to hear I am not alone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Sorry to hear of your misfortune matey. Seriously, get well soon and I hope you have no long-lasting repercussions to your vision and sense of humor. Maybe you could switch to those newfangled plastic "bottles" they sell at concerts or stadiums.

ps. the Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiered last weekend.

Your friend,
Angie and I hope to have a date with Capt. Jack this week-end if my eye gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
Ouch that hurt. I'm really impressed at Angie eating her dinner so clamly then getting her reading material and driving you to the hospital.

Angie doesn't panic easy...over my pain...just her own

Look after yourself and watch that eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
...and you don't even irritate me!!

I'll try harder

Seriously, glad your eyeball isn't skewered at the end of the beer bottle. Were you loading up to watch the hockey game?

What can be better than double blue lines?

GO DUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Take care Gary ---I wont laugh at you.....today.

You are just too sweet to me....

Amanda...so THATS the reason. I'm glad there is an explanation for why my legs could get dh arrested
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebound View Post
I'm not laughing Angie was a whole lot calmer than I would have been

[COLOR="teal"]She never takes me seriously![/COLOR

P.S. Still waiting for wedding pictures
They have been posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
Gary, we laugh with each other not at each other!! I feel your pain, I was in an almost accident and my glasses broke while my face was meeting the dash--the lense put a scratch on my eye and it was one of the the worst things ever. I still get floaters but no permanent damage. Hugs to you!!
OUCH! Jules...I am sorry for your injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
it is so nice to hear that i am not the only vaudeville act anymore. I am sorry you broke your eyeball, Gary.

Thanks Lizzi...now I have an excuse for red eyes

Once I simultaneously broke my toe and burned my boobs! That was a fun one to explain.
Tell me more.....

MEOWEE ~ SOULBLISS ~ FROU-FROU ~ TAMMY ~ Thanks for your kindness!

Angie took a couple of pictures of my eye last night...she said she will post them here after work tonight...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Better look on an empty stomach

Well ladies, it's Angie here.
I took some pics of Gary's eye.

I tell everyone I decked him because he told me my butt looked big in my new pair of jeans!! That'll teach him!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yikes, that looks painful! Hope it heals up quickly.

as for the burned boobs/broken toe story - i was making truffles and they were boiling hot and i wanted them to set faster,so i had my hot tray of chocolate, opened the freezer and out jumped one of those big hard blue cooler things- right onto my toe, the freezer door started to close and i lost balance of the tray which dumped right down my chest - and me wearing a tank top. yikes! It sucked, but was the most creative way I ever got to call in sick to work.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Ouch is right! Does your patriotism know no bounds? They're red, white and blue... Feel better soon. I can see Angie has a sense of humor to go along with yours

And lizzi, you win the prize for best excuse in calling in sick
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

LIZZI ~

NOELLE ~ Angie has to have a sense of humor to put up with me. I came out of urgent care, with stitches and an eye patch, into the packed waiting room and said (loudly and looking towards Angie as she stood up) "Next time to sock me in the eye I am taking you down"....this got quite a laugh from the crowd and a big "shut-up!" from my wife!

Saw the doctor yesterday...needs to see me next friday....still blurry vision...
Old 06-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Ouch! Nice dilation (shows the eye has had trauma--can you tell my Dad was an optometrist?). Heal quickly!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks Allison!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #25  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Gary how is your eye? Hope it's healing nicely.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks for asking CLYDEGIRL... I went to the doctor on friday, he gave me some new medication for the cuts..he said they were 3/4 through the cornea and I was very lucky. I still have blurred vision..BUT...it is way better than last week. I am supposed to go back in 3 weeks for another evaluation, he said that at that time he may be able to tell me wether steroids may help...if I still have blurred vision. The eye looks normal now and my the scar is very minor. So...not great...but could've been way worse. I still have a lot of "head' strain trying to adapt...especially taping drywall at work.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #27  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gary, I'm glad to hear your eye is healing and I didn't make fun of you, not even once. Might I suggest you wear safety goggles in the future when retrieving your beer. Have a couple more beers and that blurred vision will start to seem normal. Just kidding, I hope you are better soon.

As for Angie, she was very calm in eating her dinner before driving you to the ER. Next time you might suggest she put her chicken on bread and eat her chicken sandwich on the way to the ER. (LOL, that is just from personal experience from a wife and mother who's made many a trip to the ER).
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #28  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I hope you recover with a minimum of scars and no vision loss, my friend.

No laughing from me! Aren't you glad you had Angie there? It would have been awful driving yourself to the ER.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Glad to hear you're healing.

Angie's eating before taking you to the ER kind of reminded me of Thanksgiving a few years ago. DH and BIL were carving the turkey and BIL slipped and sliced his thumb. He insisted on eating before going to the ER (cousin and SIL are RN's and they both agreed he'd be okay for at least half an hour). He had to eat with his hand in the air, though! While a the hospital, cousin called to say he was getting 16 stitches and was all bandaged and they'd be home soon for dessert. I got into my emergency kit and before they arrived, the remaining 25 of us all bandaged our thumbs to match his! It was funny--I still have the photo somewhere!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #30  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Glad to hear you're healing.

Angie's eating before taking you to the ER kind of reminded me of Thanksgiving a few years ago. DH and BIL were carving the turkey and BIL slipped and sliced his thumb. He insisted on eating before going to the ER (cousin and SIL are RN's and they both agreed he'd be okay for at least half an hour). He had to eat with his hand in the air, though! While a the hospital, cousin called to say he was getting 16 stitches and was all bandaged and they'd be home soon for dessert. I got into my emergency kit and before they arrived, the remaining 25 of us all bandaged our thumbs to match his! It was funny--I still have the photo somewhere!

One particular other digit could have been embarrassing?!

I'm glad he was OK, too.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote