General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Cingular Vs Verizon?

Ok i've been with cingular FOREVER but im thinking of switching to verizon any comment to pro's or cons ?? thanks
Michelle
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I too am interested in the pros and cons of both. I too, have had Cingular for a while now. I've not had any problems with them at all so not sure that I would change at this point but am just interested.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

I used to work for AT&T wireless (pre-Cingular) and my roommate currently works for Cingular. She uses T-Mobile and I've got Verizon. As far as cost is concerned, you'll be paying roughly the same amount for the same number of minutes. It really comes down to what you're looking for- I think Verizon has a much better set of family plans, and their warranty/exchange process is easy as pie (you just take the phone down to any Verizon store, if they can't fix it they replace it). With Cingular there's phones to be shipped and returned and it takes a while.

I'd say check out the rate plans and see what fits you best. As far as I'm concerned there's no "good" or "bad" in cell phone companies. They're just out to make as much money as possible from as many people as possible. So do your research and good luck!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Since you live in the Bay Area, you probably get good coverage. boobalah has "suckular" as he calls it. He hates it. I have Verizon.

We go up into the Gold Country and near Yosemite quite a bit. Verizon is all over up there and I have no problems. He loses his coverage just outside Sonora and it is patchy at best in Amador County. My phone will work down in our camping place. Verizon is partnered with Gold Country wireless, so they piggyback the coverage without any roaming.

If you are going to be away from your base coverage area very often, think about getting a digital/analog model. That's why I have such good coverage.

Verizon also has a nice family plan. As soon as boobalah's service is up, we're going to add him to my plan and only increase my bill by about $10/mo.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have cingular and I like it a lot. I had a choice of verizon or cingular at work and I chose cingular. I tried verizon but I actually had sucky coverage so I went back to cingular.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I started out with LA Cellular which got swallowed up by AT&T. We got horrible service with AT&T (since we were the new members, we think) so we switched to Nextel (you know--with the cool walkie talkies). That worked for a while and it was nice to be able to have radio service with our crew when they were out of state (cheaper than a phone call). Well, everybody and their brother in the construction business suddenly got Nextel and if you were on a job site, you'd hear the tell-tale beep-beep of the walkie-talking and EVERYBODY had to check their phone. You couldn't change the sound of the beep and they all sounded the same! Ridiculous! So we switched to Verizon. It has never given us any problems (have had it for over a year now).
Old 04-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #7  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I have Verizon and love it. It really depends on the amount of towers in your area. Verizon boasts that they have more tower coverage than most. But check in your area and the areas that you travel the most.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have Verizon and I am quite happy with it. I wouldn't mind if it were a little cheaper though, but that's not their fault - my kids are addicted to texting. Gosh, texting, I don't know I managed to get through my teenage years without any texting at all, yet alone a cell phone. And of course a computer. Things really were simpler back then. Imagine what my mother and grandmother think.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #9  
Token Vulcan

I started out with a prepaid Nokia Tracfone and later got a Verizon. I get better reception on the Tracfone...and I live in NYC. The Verizon connection blinks in and out on me during conversations. The Tracfone stays pretty stable.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies i am a creature of habit (libra) so of course i hate change but im getting sooo tired of my service and not to mention they're customer service SUCKS, half the time i try to answer or call out and all i hear is me talking so that's why i wanna change also verizon also has a chaparone(sp?) service where i can know where my kids are at all times LOL
thanks again it sounds like no ones really had a bad experiance with them?
Michelle
Old 04-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #11  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

We've been with Verizon for 4 years now and the customer service and reception on the phone have been the best. I previously had AT&T and didn't get as good of reception especially when going down to the beach, and T-Mobile, horrible customer service and reception.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I really think it comes down to coverage in your area and truthfully, I think its like auto insurance, every few years you gotta switch or they start getting complacent on you.

Like verizon is doing everything in their power to make me upgrade my phone because I am locked into a rate they dont have anymore. So they keep having services "no longer available for that technology". Eventually they will succeed and I will upgrade my plan...with a different carrier. But I have no illusions that any other company wouldnt be just as bad.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #13  

well I found one con after visiting the store tonight the phone's are just weak I totally loved the chocolate (online) but after trying it out it's way too sensative the buttons that is, I dont know maybe im just scared of switching but excited at the same time . am i making sense LOL j/k
thanks for all the comments
Michelle
Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #14  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Both of my DDs and SIL have the chocolate phones and they are pretty sensitive at first, but they're fine once you get used to them.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:54 AM   #15  

are you sure cause i think i have adult ADD or something i was getting freaking frustrated in the store ? seriously can i get used to it i was thinking of the lg that is exactly the same only a flip?
Closed Thread