General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

We have always had Cingular. We have had trouble with reception, my daughter at college and my son in his condo. I won't change though...without my son and daughter on our plan now my bill is slightly less than $50 a month! I can live with that!! My daughter is out of college (except for grad school) and I just call my son's land line or text him!

I have a funny story ~ Several years ago I was at my daughter's college for a tennis match she had. In between matches I wanted to call home and talk to Angie. Now I knew that service in that area was bad, when using her cell phone Amanda had to call us from the balcony of her dorm room, anyway as I was walking up a path, away from the tennis courts towards the quad area, looking for bars on my phone, I hear this "Do you have CINGULAR?" from a girl walking about 20 yards away, "YES, I do"...then she says "Go over by that big tree next to the maintenance shed, you will get 4 bars." She was right, I just though that was too funny!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i finally gave up on cingulars crappy service. I switched to verizon about a year ago and have rarely had a "dropped" call. I get service where others rarely get..much much happier about verizon. That is pretty bad if you have to stand by a tree for service...does the tree act as a recpetor LOL
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'm not sure about the tree GATORGAL, but I don know that I was getting pretty PO'd about service when my kiddo was in college. That is why I got a cell phone to begin with...of course now I can't live w/o it since I learned to TEXT message!! Imagine...53 and so HIGH TECH!! HA!!!...now, if I can talk my nephew into teaching me how to use the DVR.....
Old 04-07-2007, 04:37 AM   #19  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Right now, I have sprint, but thats only because I work for the sorry SOB's lol I can say that now that I am quitting. But I had cingular before, and never had a problem with the customer service. Really with cell phone companys it really just depends on the area you are in. All of the plans are the same.. the new plans anyways .. for EVERY company. When searching for a cell phone company you really want to know what there policies are.. i.e. what happens if you move to an area where they dont have coverage, are you still charged an early term fee? How often do you get an upgrade and how much is it? Do you have to renew your agreement everytime you change your plan? What are the return policies on phones? If you purchase the insurance, is there a deductable? Stuff like that. Since I am "in the business" Im here to tell you that plan prices arent that important because there are ALWAYS going to be the same. Its all about coverage, customer service, and policies. Its just like Sprint, they say we have bad customer service, but its not that at all.. its that Sprint has bad policies. Word to the wise, if you have been with a company for a long time and you arent getting what you want. Just tell them that you wanna cancel, then you will get what you want. Oh yeah.. and dont forget to ask about employee discounts for the company you work for, because its not something that people are going to tell you about freely.
Closed Thread