General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking pore advice

i am so not girlie girl and I am clueless when it comes to beauty tips and makeup and the like... but my pores are making me nuts..

the pores on my nose are very large and visible and clogged looking. I've tried to exfoliate and I've tried toner and neither of these things seems to be helping. What am I supposed to use for this problem?
Also, the skin on my nose is flaking off, constantly even though it's oily and moisturizing doesn't seem to be helping.

Boy, I'm sexy!

Any suggestions?!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Here are some products that work for me...

Biore pore strips: Stick one of these strips on your nose and peel off the gunk in your clogged pores. These work great for my husband's blackhead prone nose.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...-PLST-0-SEARCH

Neutrogena's at home microdermabrasion system: With long-term use, pore size is reduced and fine lines minimized. You will immediately notice smoother skin that drinks up face lotions.

Lush's Mask of Magnaminty: GREAT face mask that removes excess oil, reduces pore size and exfoliates. And, it's all natural and cruelty free!
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/411?expand=Skincare

Good luck
Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #3  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I had large pores on my nose too. I use Berts Bees citrus face scrub - once a week. I love it, it makes my skin so smooth and soft and my pores are smaller.
http://tinyurl.com/39gspj

I also use Aveeno Baby lotion - it is perfume free and very gentle.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #4  
Token Vulcan

I'll have to try some of these, too. I have the same problem. I conceal it with makeup but then later on in the day, the oil starts seeping through. I'm never sure what to do because, on the one hand, I want to diminish the pores and the oiliness but, on the other, sometimes I get the flaky skin as well and I keep hearing you want the oil because it's supposed to help keep your skin softer and more youthful-looking.
Along these same lines, any ideas for what to do about the redness along the sides of the nose? These areas also have the enlarged pores and oil. Again, I use foundation (specifically, Linda Seidel's) but if there's a way to improve it somehow rather than just conceal it, I'd love to know.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #5  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hmm...I've noticed my pores get smaller when I'm using Proactiv, which is geared towards my acne problem. The pore strips mentioned above never did a thing for me, sadly enough. Will try the others mentioned. Thanks for this thread!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks for the suggestions. The pore strips didn't help for me much either. I've been using Biore's pore unclogging scrub, and it's nice on my skin but still not helping my disgusting nose any.

i have used all kinds of lotions and moisturizers and nothing helps that flakey skin thing either. it's weird to be oily and flakey at the same time.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #7  

Do you have a Body Shop near you? I know they have some stores in Oregon (I just checked....) but I don't know where in Oregon you live (your location is given as Oregon). I've not found anything that works so well and is works for my sensitive, combination skin.

I would recommend their Vitamin E line. I have the Cream Cleanser, Cream Exfoliator, Toner and Moisture Cream. I find that the cleanser-toner-moisturizer routine has made my pores look much less noticable on my nose, and I have the same problem as you with the peeling but still clogged pores on my nose.

I am the most particular person I have ever met in my entire life about skin Had to admit that. Sorry I sound like a salesperson person but honestly I've never had such good results than with this stuff and as I mentioned am obsessed with the condition of my skin.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried these oil absorbing sheets? Carry them in your purse, keep them in your desk at work, keep some in your car, etc... They do a great job at soaking up mid-day facial oil.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Bath & Body Works has several products and if they don't work take it back with your receipt and get store credit. I like the Pure Simplicity and they usually have a sample box set.
My nose is my problem spot too, I have oily skin that gets the flakiness--who knew I should be using a little moisturizer????
Closed Thread