General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I only have one other person working directly with me and she DRIVES ME UP THE WALL!!!!! First off there is a HUGE generation gap, she's 68 and I'm 28. She thinks that because she is older than me that she knows more and yet continues to prove time and time again that she really doesn't work well with children, I still wonder why she even bothers. She doesn't seem to enjoy children at all and she has had NO training in child development. She's never had kids of her own either, so she can't at least draw from experience! I'm not able to tell anyone about the crap she pulls because I can't prove it since no one else works with us! She has made direct threats about causing problems for me with my supervisor, which I'm not real worried about........it's just the fact that she threatens it!!
I have learned that she has problems with depression, not that she'll admit it, but that makes things a little easier to tolerate. And when she gets b*tch*, I just act real sickly sweet and ignore it! She usually gives up or it pisses her off so bad that she quits talking to me for awhile, either way I'm happy.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #17  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indychick829 View Post
I hate when I specifically ask one of my co-workers a question and someone else has to pop in with THEIR opinion or answer to my question, even though the person I specifically asked was not only capable of answering my question, but gave me the CORRECT answer which I was looking for...

LOL, I'm the other side of this. I'm the one they all come to with their questions, even if what they're talking about or working on has nothing to do with me or I'm more of a stranger to it than they are. You remember that old Life Cereal commercial "Let's get Mikey. He won't eat it. He hates everything." Well, at my work, I literally hear variations of "Let's ask Ellie. She'll know it. She knows everything." Okay...some might say I should feel complimented that they think so much of my smarts and I will admit, I do pride myself on having some measure of intelligence....and I do tend to retain/remember a lot of things. But I am not the freakin' oracle, a computer or Dr. Phil. People with more experience in a certain project or field ask me my opinion or interpretation of something and half the time I wanna blurt out "What the heck makes you think I would know if you don't???"
I think one of the reasons it annoys me the way it does, apart from the sheer frequency of it, is that there are several people I work with that seem incapable to varying degrees of either multitasking or following something through with all of the steps. The computer always causes a lot of questions because I'm basically the most computer savvy person there...the others tend to be very limited to just whatever program they work mostly in, and even that raises a lot of questions. I mean, when I have to repeatedly show copy and paste, that can get frustrating! We have a woman in my office that, literally, after me being there 1 hour in the morning, must interrupt me 8-10 times with simple stuff like "This check is for supplies so what should I put in the description line?" Another woman second guesses herself all the time and asks me basically to confirm if what she's doing is right....and I'm not these people's boss....although, technically, when the boss is away, I am the one they are supposed to defer to.
Is it wrong for me to just want people to think a little harder for themselves or maybe not need so much validation?
That pretty much covers the co-worker side of it. The customer/client side of it....well....let me put it this way. We deal with a lot of people who: believe they're entitled to certain things, don't listen to what you say, don't read what you give them (and then act like they didn't know about it)...seriously, if I were to base my assessment of the level of intelligence in society on the people I encounter at my work....that assessment would be pretty pitiful!

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 03-28-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

My pet peeve is being talked down to by my boss. I might 'only' be a checkout girl, but I am also a Management student at uni. My job does NOT define me as stupid.

She looks at me like I'm something that needs to be scraped off her shoe... and that's why I've applied for a new job!!

Kylie
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #19  

LOUD MOUTHS with annoying voices who chat on their cell phones all day!!! I really don't want to hear about Aunt Cindy's scandal.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I no longer complain because I LOVE MY JOB and my boss & asst-boss, but before I came here - I had a job that the entire day every day was a PET PEEVE. Because of the director... she was a ***** from ****!!!!!

If I say anything more, I'll start having flashbacks & ruin my whole day, so suffice it to say, I got outta there as quickly as I could & NOW I AM COMPLETELY HAPPY IN MY WORKDAY.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I no longer complain because I LOVE MY JOB and my boss & asst-boss, but before I came here - I had a job that the entire day every day was a PET PEEVE. Because of the director... she was a ***** from ****!!!!!

If I say anything more, I'll start having flashbacks & ruin my whole day, so suffice it to say, I got outta there as quickly as I could & NOW I AM COMPLETELY HAPPY IN MY WORKDAY.
Oh, believe me, I absolutely LOVE my job and couldn't be happier...however, no matter how happy you are somewhere, there will ALWAYS be something small to complain about...lol

which is why - as much as this DOES bother me...it's pretty much the ONLY thing that bothers me.

I mean - a few years ago I worked at a huge box store (ya'll know the main one...) and just like someone posted above here, being a cashier SUCKS when your manager (and the customers) treat you like you're not only a child - but someone with sub-level intelligence and they have NO idea about your education or background...they don't care - You are the cashier and they are the customer and "the customer is always right"...man - I do have to say, THANK YOU GOD that I no longer work in retail. And, again, I really honestly do LOVE my job! :-P
p.s. (when i was at this other particular job...I'd actually go out to my car on every break - both 15 min breaks and my hour lunch break - and cry the entire time, that is how weak and feable everyone made me feel).
Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #22  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewme View Post
The one who makes it bad for everyone else is a unit secretary, who has been there for 20 years now. She tells everyone what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. She rearranges my unit (peds) when I am not there (a whopping 2 days a week). She butts in on peoples' conversations, tries to tell nurses how to do their jobs, and she constantly double checks to make sure people are doing their own jobs - which results in her never getting her job done.
OMG! There's more than one person like this in the world??? ::sigh:: I WISH they'd have moved our office manager to a new location. Siberia maybe? And the woman was so totally incompetent that everything I showed her, she'd forget inside a day. I even made an admin. manual that covered EVERY simple function...down to printing labels. She NEVER used it. Come to me and ask me to show her again. ::sigh::
Old 03-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #23  
Pending Email Confirmation

Indy - I hear ya! Every time I think I'm having a bad day at my job I think back to my retail days... and honestly, my worst day at my current job is better than my best day in retail!
I am not a cryer at all and I used to go home in tears from that job at least once a week!
Closed Thread