3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   American Idol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/102319-american-idol.html)

Clydegirl 04-05-2007 09:48 AM

Next week's theme is latin music and J-LO is the guest.

I have visions of Sanjaya coming out with fruit on his head or shaking maracas.

I will miss Gina because she brought something different to the show.

LakeGirl 04-05-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

I have visions of Sanjaya coming out with fruit on his head or shaking maracas.
Thank you for the nightmares that statement is certain to envoke! ;)

I was sorry to see Gina go. Was it my imagination or did anyone else get the feeling that Haley really thought it should have been her to depart?

freiamaya 04-05-2007 12:42 PM

I am SUCH a Fanjaya! And I too am looking forward to seeing him dressed like Carmen Miranda (fruit plate on head, macarenas, and hopefully those ruffled short pants and a tank top in primary colors). American Idol ROCKS!!!!

lilybelle 04-05-2007 12:54 PM

I hated to see Gina leave. Not that I cared for her punk-rocker style, but I did think she had one of the better voices and certainly better than a few that are still there.

I also totally thought that Haley felt she was the one being sent home.

As for Melinda, I love her voice but I'm tired of the "Oh, am I really good?" type of thing that she does.

alinnell 04-05-2007 12:55 PM

I agree. I think Haley thought she'd be it. Frankly, due to his performance I though Gina was the safe one out of the three. Too bad, she did have a good voice (but I could do without the tongue stud).

techwife 04-05-2007 01:05 PM

I felt particularly sorry for her friends/family in the audience with the red highlights. But, like i said, this was her third year auditioning for AI and I'm super glad for her that she got this far and will have a blast on tour with the group. I think she adds a real uniqueness to the group. Not a fan, in particular, with the rocker scene, but all the different flavors and genres are what make the music scene great.

EZMONEY 04-06-2007 12:18 AM

Well, to be honest I have not seen the show for two weeks now. I liked Gina, I spent a lot of time looking for the tattoos that JILLY said she had but didn't see them. I just didn't think she was that great of a singer or to be honest so UNIQUE? She looks just like every 4th girl I see here on the southern California coast where I live. Angie and I just got home from the skateboard clothes store, nephew needed new shoes, saw about 5 "GINA'S" in there.

Now, HALEY...well, she is something special! WOW!! Those legs!! :carrot:

EZMONEY 04-06-2007 12:18 AM

In case you missed it...

jillybean720 04-06-2007 06:02 AM

Gary, Gina had some (apparently temporary) tattoos in her first couple of performances (not sure if/where she has any permanent ones), but I'm sure you were too busy watching your nearly talentless Barbie doll to notice many of the other contestants (BTW, I could find at least 50 Haleys any time I go to the mall, so don't try to tell us she's the unique one).

I know it's all in fun or whatever, but the constant Haley photos and leg comments are quite unnecessary :^:

Fat in Hong Kong 04-06-2007 11:29 AM

Jill, I saw your 'potentially rude comment' which was edited ... it came through on my email notification, obviously before you edited it. I couldn't agree more ... 'nuff said!:)

GatorgalstuckinGA 04-06-2007 12:30 PM

i think its sad to see gina go. ...i personally thought she brought spunk personallity and some life to the otherwise fairly bland idol world..i do think there are some GREAT singers...but honestly most of them are very plain jane normal in looks. I liked the punk rocker looks and didn't mind the tongue ring...this coming from a person who has 3 tattoos and use to have a belly ring (until i decided i was too fat to pull it off LMAO). I think most of the other females are pretty much plain jane...what the consrvative world wants to look at...i like the "Differentness" of gina...but then again..i'm a bit of a rocker chick myself. And as for sanjaya (sp?)...ughh enough already...darn teeny bobper girls please get a life and stop voting for him..he's killing me!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA 04-06-2007 12:32 PM

lol at gary...ah jill its okay..he's just a dirty old man and knows it LMAO (j/k gary...you know i luv harrasing you)

and btw..i would love to look like her...but oh well...although i do think her singing is poor...oh well..she'll get by on life by her looks LOL

EZMONEY 04-06-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720 (Post 1641908)
Gary, Gina had some (apparently temporary) tattoos in her first couple of performances (not sure if/where she has any permanent ones),

She was probably just trying to figure out what "image" she wanted to portray. She tried the "crying" thing for awhile, that didn't work either.

I really do love tattoos, I am always trying to talk Angie into getting a tattoo of Britney Spears on her back ;) to go with the flowers and heart thing she has already.

but I'm sure you were too busy watching your nearly talentless Barbie doll to notice many of the other contestants

I would bet even money that I was!!

(BTW, I could find at least 50 Haleys any time I go to the mall, so don't try to tell us she's the unique one).

I never ever never said Haley was unique...just darn cute! I haven't been to a mall in years...but...I sure would like to visit yours if there are a bunch of Haley look-a-likes there! :carrot:

I know it's all in fun or whatever, but the constant Haley photos and leg comments are quite unnecessary :^:

It is all in fun. I Do think it is necessary though, who else will :stir: things up? ;)

JILLY ~ when we take that 3FC cruise, I promise to mind my manners! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong (Post 1642283)
Jill, I saw your 'potentially rude comment' which was edited ... it came through on my email notification, obviously before you edited it. I couldn't agree more ... 'nuff said!:)

I'm so hurt :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA (Post 1642357)
i think its sad to see gina go. ...i personally thought she brought spunk personallity and some life to the otherwise fairly bland idol world..i do think there are some GREAT singers...but honestly most of them are very plain jane normal in looks. I liked the punk rocker looks and didn't mind the tongue ring...this coming from a person who has 3 tattoos

You beat my wife by 1 tattoo! Although she has had one re-done.

and use to have a belly ring (until i decided i was too fat to pull it off LMAO). I think most of the other females are pretty much plain jane...what the consrvative world wants to look at...i like the "Differentness" of gina...but then again..i'm a bit of a rocker chick myself

Oh come on GATORGAL, I am conservative and I like looking at Gina and Haley and well, you know...

And as for sanjaya (sp?)...ughh enough already...darn teeny bobper girls please get a life and stop voting for him..he's killing me!!!!

Take a deep breath dear...he just might win this thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA (Post 1642361)
lol at gary...ah jill its okay..he's just a dirty old man and knows it LMAO (j/k gary...you know i luv harrasing you)

You know me too well GATORGAL ;)

and btw..i would love to look like her...but oh well...although i do think her singing is poor...oh well..she'll get by on life by her looks LOL

We can only hope ;)

melekalikimaka 04-06-2007 07:31 PM

;) <------- Gary, that's exactly what the tattoo of Britney would look like

EZMONEY 04-06-2007 08:19 PM

What Noelle? bald headed? :lol: Your killin' me!