Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #76  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Waiting for "The Guy" really sucks, no matter if it is a repair, installation, or a delivery. Grr or a car switch in my case.

Oh, guess what...

*Waits for a response before realizing this isn't a chat room*

I got trapped in my work vehicle's seat belt this morning at a busy gas station.

It wouldn't unbuckle when I moved to get out and pump some gas!!! My coworker drove on by, thinking that my waving him down was a "go ahead" gesture and so I had to call my boss (would have had to call him anyway) about it. I had sat there for a few minutes just pushing, pulling, and attempting to get free.

Bound and determined not to be stuck anymore or worse, be sitting there when my boss arrived, I had an idea. After I slipped the chest belt over my head and behind me, I then tugged out all the belt to give slack to the lap belt and then wiggled out the bottom and out of the truck. I was just glad I could squeeze out!

So bossman and I switched trucks when my boss got there, and I caught up on the first half of the 5-hour drive with my coworker.

That was so weird!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #77  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

stuck seatbelt--that's weird and freaky-scary! What if you'd been in an accident and couldn't get out while the vehicle was on fire? OK, maybe I watch too much tv, but it can happen. Hope the boss gets it fixed right away. And, hope the rest of the drive was uneventful
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #78  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Ronni was it a Toyota?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #79  
Warning 3FC Addict

He took it to a mechanic who pushed and wiggled it as well. Basically he pushed down hard enough on the clip after a few tries that when he pushed down the buckle it freed itself, and that was that. The verdict is that it's a tricky latch. e.e;;; So no fixing.

But yeah, I thought that too, Ronnie, but I'll be heading south again to drop that vehicle off to another office, so I'll warn 'em about my tricky encounter with that Dodge truck. With our office move so close, unfortunately it'll be up to them to figure out if they want to replace it.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ZAN ~

Were you thinking Ashton Kutcher was nearby and you were being "punked"?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #81  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

A tricky latch? I love it when people really don't know what is wrong and they make something up...put a NEW SEAT BELT in!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I went to church on my way home from work today...

to do a "freebie" drywall patch....

it ended up costing me $50...

but I got my name on 5 golf balls to be dumped by a helicopter over a hole...

go figure

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-10-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #83  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ok, EZ, you must explain-was it the drywalling that cost the $50 or the cost of the golf balls-are you hoping to win something with those golf balls being dropped over a hole?

Good morning, everyone!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #84  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Good Mid-Morning Ya'll! That helicopter fundraiser sounds like a good idea... what is it for?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am on a committee planning a silent auction. We will have a barbecue, entertainment with a country theme followed by the auction , anybody have experience with such an event ? We are hoping for some big ticket items to be donated to be bid on, such as a car or cruise. This is a fundraiser for a senior citizens activity group and we want to raise at least$16,000.00 (the mimimum, we would like more ).
Old 02-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #86  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, my stove works. Yay. Not too terribly expensive either, so that was a surprise.

Zan - I can't even imagine why they wouldn't replace the seatbelt. So, if it is too "tricky" again, you just have to stay inside?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #87  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yay, Slashnl! I love it when the repairs actually work!

Gary, do you get to keep the golfballs afterwards? Sounds like it might be fun to watch, nonetheless!

I dunno, Bargoo, the only thing I've done similar is a bake goods or craft sale.

I'm just hoping that the other office or where ever it will end up have skinner Janes and Joes than my office or will get it replaced! But it was kind of fun to see if I could wiggle right on out instead of just sit there. I took the same car down today and had no trouble with the latch the few times I had to release it, but I wore a less baggy shirt just in case,

Gary, I thought that it might have been tampered with, by accident. Like something fell into the slot and made it stick. But I completely ignored the rest of the world after my coworker left me at the gas station. Instead, I did what a modern-day damsel-in-distress should do, and rescued my own dang self!

(+1 to escape artist.)
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #88  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Yes I have been involved with an auction for charity. We have one every year for our Christmas for Kids (like Toys for Tots) You are only having a silent auction? Wow if you can find someone to donate a car or a cruise...that is AWESOME! You have to think about how much someone will pay for those items. We do a regular auction. We have done some silent auction items during the event...but now we do some raffle items instead of the silent items. Our silent items weren't going over well...for various reasons. I will be more than happy to share more information with you if you would like! Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
Ok, EZ, you must explain-was it the drywalling that cost the $50 or the cost of the golf balls-are you hoping to win something with those golf balls being dropped over a hole?
I did the drywall work for free....we donated $50 for 5 golf balls to be dropped (I will share later here)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Good Mid-Morning Ya'll! That helicopter fundraiser sounds like a good idea... what is it for?
I will share in the next post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I am on a committee planning a silent auction. We will have a barbecue, entertainment with a country theme followed by the auction , anybody have experience with such an event ? We are hoping for some big ticket items to be donated to be bid on, such as a car or cruise. This is a fundraiser for a senior citizens activity group and we want to raise at least$16,000.00 (the mimimum, we would like more ).
We have been involved with several...#1 ~ serve plenty of alcohol #2 ~ serve plenty of alcohol and #3 Serve them all the booze they want....the $$$$$$ will just keep on coming! I also advise having a real auction too if you have enough items. My daughter and son in law raised $24,000 in one night for a child with cancer...a lot of work and a lot of HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Well, my stove works. Yay. Not too terribly expensive either, so that was a surprise.
So what was your first "new" dinner cooked D?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post
Gary, do you get to keep the golfballs afterwards? Sounds like it might be fun to watch, nonetheless!

nope...but I will explain later

Gary, I thought that it might have been tampered with, by accident. Like something fell into the slot and made it stick. But I completely ignored the rest of the world after my coworker left me at the gas station. Instead, I did what a modern-day damsel-in-distress should do, and rescued my own dang self!

(+1 to escape artist.)
Will begin the new "SAFETY LIST" for our benefit.....to follow....
Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #90  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

THREADKILLER SAFETY HINTS ~

#1 ~ Fasten Your Seat belt (but carry a sharp knife or scissors just in case)
Closed Thread