Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  

Cool Candida Problems... Gotta kick the SuGaR!!

Hey there... I have had a pretty big Candida Overgrowth problem for 3+ yrs now and I have made the decision to kick it out! I went and bought a bunch of supplements to help me (Garlic, Caprylic Acid, Acidophilus, Multidophilus, Olive Leaf extract, etc...) and my husband has promised to eat all the Yeast feedin foods we've got in the house (Yeah, he's a great help in that Department.) Anyway, if there is anyone that has had dealing with this stuff I could really use your help and experiences and support.... Sugarbusters seemed ideal because I can't have any at all for a LOOOONNNNGGG time. So, Hi and pleased to meatcha and all that good great goofiness... have a great day!
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Lan: I had this problem when I was on Atkins. Amongst other things... This seems to be a problem for many people on Atkins/Low carb...to the point there is an entire chapter in the Atkins book covering it. Basically, they say you should avoid 'fermented' things....like mushrooms, vinegar, cheese. Which left steak, chicken and eggs to eat on atkins because I cannot have salad without salad dressing and the only kind I could find with NO sugar was a vinegar-based. So, I just stopped Atkins...

I did talk to my doctor about this as well and she suggested a yeast...corrective?...diet and told me that there are books out there that are meal plans for people that have problems with yeast. You might even talk to your doctor about ...lipitor?... the prescription that is for toenail fungus. Apparently, they go hand-in-hand. As well as ringworm. Such lovely names they give these conditions...it makes you feel like typhoid mary!! My doctor wouldn't give me lipitor, though, because she said it was too much medication for too little problem...sure...I get she'd be poppin pills if SHE had a yeast infection!!

Anyhow...hope this helps...Kris
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #3  

Yeah, I have found a few sites that have diets and all that, I was just wanting to join a forum... I thought since I have to cut out sugar that I would join this one... there isn't exactly a Candida forum... Well, Anywho... I wil be following the diet on one of the sites I found... My kitchen is filled with stuff I can't eat... GREAT!
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, you can stop by our forum any time! If you are following Sugar Busters, it's a great place for support. We normally have an ongoing conversation in this section under Weekly Support Board and we talk about everything from calories to constipation!! Well...I do anyways... Stop by and say hello! We'd love to get to know you and help you through getting to know this awesome way of eating!! By the way...since I quit atkins and started sugar busters...my 'issues' are long-gone. It does help...watching what you eat!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi LanMyers

Before I started on my weightloss journey 4 yrs ago, I had severe troubles with yeast. My dr. had me on medication that would kill all the yeast in my body, but would be back by my next monthly cycle. So I hit the internet and the bookstores, because I didnt want to be taking anything so severe when I could be fixing it with proper food. I went on the "yeast connection" diet...the author is William Crook M.D. After I had cleared out the yeast, I started Protein Power and have lost over 100lbs on this.

If you are having trouble finding alternatives to things like salad dressing, I might be able to help or anything else for that matter...just drop me a pm.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/169/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! I have the same problem and am lucky have found a doctor, actually a friend found him, that recognizes candida overgrowth as a problem. I am currently on diflucan, which I take daily, and am on a sugar free diet. If I discover anything that would help - I'll try to post. Good luck!
Cole140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #7  

Default I have a candida issue too!

Oh, Yay, some one with my issue!

I have never had a yeast infection in my life, but I have one now, on and off for 3 months and would really like to be off of sugar so that I can get rid of candida.

I am definitely doing the supplement route too, but from what I understand you are SOL if you don't follow the diet too. The supplements I am taking are Caprilic Acid, Probiotics, Garlic, Pau d'Arco, and Grapefruit seed.

Anyway, from what I understand it works like this: Days 1-7 are the toughest, and if you can make it to Day 21, you've broken old habits, Make it to Day 40 and you have established your new way of doing things.

SO...if you would like to embark with me (or already have) on no simple sugars, white sugar, cane juice, honey, or white bread, then let's check in once a day for the next 7 days, and then keep up with one another through Day 40...It would mean the world to me!!

ARE YOU IN???
Best, nycgirl
nycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #8  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

About 15 years ago I struggled with recurring yeast infection and bladder infection. Because this was before the internet I had to do quite a bit of research in books to figure out why it might be...information was scarce! But I finally figured out there might be a connection between eating too much sugar and my conditions. So, I quit eating sugar altogether for 6 months. I wasn't following any specific plan other than that--just no sugar. My yeast and bladder infections went away completely, plus I lost 40 pounds.

Then...I went back on sugar.

In the years between I've gained back all the weight and more, and have suffered from some other annoying health effects. So now I've gone off sugar again.

So my advice is: If you think sugar is causing your body problems, go off it for a month and see what happens. You're probably right, and you'll see real benefit from simply not eating sugar.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #9  

What Protein Powder are yo using?
byrdie123
byrdie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #10  

I have found a product called Wort wonder- which is a mixture of essential oils by Well in Hand that has taken care of my foot fungus. I have battled yeast infections for years and know that I need to get off sugar.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #11  

I think the medication you are talking about is Lamisil. I took it but it was not effective and hard on your liver.

byrdie123
Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #12  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Byrdie,

I'm also a fellow candida sufferer and I would put a word of caution with the protein powder. If you are following the traditional candida diet, you should be eating a lot of protein in meat and nuts and beans and not need a protein powder.

Most people with candida have a dairy intolerance and nearly all protein powders are made from whey protein. Whey comes from dairy and I know i wouldn't even try to eat/drink something with whey and not think it would cause a reaction.

tons of great info on candida:
www.wholeapproach.com

Best of luck killing the sugar beast. Right now I am doing well with it but I know how hard it is to eliminate all the yeast feeding foods from your diet.
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote