Old 09-03-2003, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default What's the difference between low-carb and SB

I have been researching several diets to see what is right for me. I want to know what the difference is between low-carb and SB? You are watching your carbs on both of these. I'm thinking a low-carb, low-fat diet sounds the healthiest to me. I need something I can do the rest of my life. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Amy
280/267/150
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:20 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi Amy! Welcome to our area of the boards

SB is definitely NOT a low carb diet, though many think it is, but it's surely not. SB recommends that approx 40% of your daily intake come in the way of carbs, but it's the kind of carbs that makes SB different. You want to eat whole grains, not the stripped versions. You CAN eat whole wheat pasta, brown rice, whole grain bread, cereals like Fiber One, sweet potatoes and much much more. It's a WOE you can easily follow for the rest of your life.

I think one of the best sites to go to for a good overview is:

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters

Please, feel free to join us on our SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARDS where we congregate - you'll get lots of answers to your questions on the board from all our members who would be delighted to through you our 2 cents worth

If you have any other questions, you can also e-mail me at [email protected]

GOOD LUCK!

Debbie
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #3  

The low carb low fat plan you are looking for is South Beach

I have attached an article that explains why you need to eat fat on a low carb plan

http://www.low-carb.org.uk/lowcarbhighfat.htm
Shop Girl 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:48 PM   #4  

From my understanding, Sugarbusters is very much like Michel Montignac's Dine out and lose weight plan.
Sweetmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:19 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shop Girl 24
The low carb low fat plan you are looking for is South Beach

I have attached an article that explains why you need to eat fat on a low carb plan

http://www.low-carb.org.uk/lowcarbhighfat.htm

I just wanted to say that south beach is not low carb or low fat, it is 'good carb good fat' ie low gi carbs, and eating fats like olive oil etc ie non saturated fats.
clovey is offline   Reply With Quote