Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Veggie Pizza, Feta cheese, chocolate. A good steak, lobster and scallops. And always Captain Morgans Spiced Rum! Yum!
working to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #47  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I guess I would have to say Fast Food because I am a fast food addict.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #48  

I absolutely CAN'T live without peanut butter and almond butter. I eat some EVERY day. I'm not addicted to cheese or ice cream or many other common high calorie foods, but nut butters....I actually drool just thinking about them. LOL
But I think I only have maybe 2 tbsp total in a day. I actually have to measure it. Or I get into trouble
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Yeah, I like potato chips too, but they're not something I crave or anything. Usually the only time I eat them is at BBQ's or something, I'll grab a small handful and put them on my plate and try and leave it at that. Although I'll occasionally find myself stealing a few more from the chip bowl, one at a time, almost every time I walk by it, lol.
Lays makes a good fat free/half the cal potato chips. It is 75cal per single serving bag (they sell those at subway). It's not baked (I don't like those). It's made from Olean. Some people can't stomach Olean, but I've had no problems and it taste perfect.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #50  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Avocados! They are TASTY but so high in calories that I have to plan the whole day around them!
I cut up one (about twice a week) and mash it, add no salt added diced tomatoes, garlic powder, pepper, a little bit of salt, squeezed lemon, and fine cut up jalepenos and ONE tsp of lite sour cream. I mash it and eat it like it is. It's a snack. The fat is high, but the calories (in the correct portion) is not bad.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #51  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Um, lets see...chocolate, chocolate, and....yeah, chocolate!!!

It's from a bean, it shouldn't be so bad for you!!!
TiredofWeightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart
Lays makes a good fat free/half the cal potato chips. It is 75cal per single serving bag (they sell those at subway). It's not baked (I don't like those). It's made from Olean. Some people can't stomach Olean, but I've had no problems and it taste perfect.
Agreed, I love the Lays chips, i have been craving some all day! They are definitely better for you than any other chip because they are made in Sunflower oil, which is much better for you than other oils that other chips use.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:06 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

-sigh-

NUTS!

All kinds lol but especially brazil and almonds...mmmm....
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #54  

~Chocolate in any form
~Chinese food
~Big, Soft, Chewy Bagels w/tons of cream cheese
~Big bowls of pasta
dottiebeverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #55  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

ohsomany! Since I calorie count, I don't "cut" anything out. But these things come in moderation:

Reeces PB Cups
Cheese cake
potato chips
hershey bars
home made 4-cheese maccoroni and cheese
chicken w/dumplings in that thick creamy sauce made from fresh chicken broth.
Chinese food

oh wow....my eyes are watering.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #56  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelVeeta
Agreed, I love the Lays chips, i have been craving some all day! They are definitely better for you than any other chip because they are made in Sunflower oil, which is much better for you than other oils that other chips use.
Umm I wouldn't exactly say that Lays chips are better for you. Where are you getting your nutrtional info from, the commercials? They're still just deep-fried shards of starch. Sunflower oil is still just liquid fat. That's like saying, "At least cocaine is better than heroin".
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #57  
LLV

NO potato chip is good for you. As far as being a 'healthy' food goes. However, I still get a taste for a few chips now and then myself and rather than give up a beloved food altogether, it's better to make alternative choices. You know, like the lesser of the two evils.

Regular Potato Chips (that contain partially hydogenated oils)

vs

Baked and/or fried in healthier oils.

Yes, oil is just oil. But if you're gonna eat potato chips at all, at least pick something that isn't loaded with trans and saturated fats.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #58  
I restore Teeth.

I'm like Linda- I love peanut butter on whole wheat and I LOVE ROASTED ALMONDS.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #59  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I had a scoop of the most wonderful Tillamook blueberry cheescake ice cream when were were at the coast a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't had ice cream for about a year and have never been that crazy about it but I loved this one . Now, however, I'm thinking about that ice cream a lot and almost bought a carton. If you're ever in Oregon, you have to check out the Tillamook Dairy - it's quite a tourist attraction. We did a lot of walking that day, so no harm done!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #60  

Ok well I unfortiently have three high calorie foods PIZZA its so good i love it i try and eat it once or twice a mounth .two PEPSI COLA i love pepsi i tryed to start drinking diet cokes but it just an,t the same still ive only had water for two weeks and counting.Three RED VELVET CAKE Hmmmmmmmmmmm yummy I only get that on christmas and my birthday for a special treat .ohh and candy bars lol i cant give them up completely but whats a girl to do .lol
Sonny876 is offline   Reply With Quote