Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Chicken Help.....

Does anyone have a really good & easy chicken recipe?
ftsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:18 AM   #2  

YES!! I absolutely LOVE this. Caution, you need to like spicy food (med spicy)

In the spice asile of your grocery store look for a McCormick seasoning marinade packet called Chipotle Pepper, it has a picture of chicken on the front. It will be near the Montreal Steak marinade (Also a good one)

follow the directions on the packet (I use olive oil) and marinade some boneless chicken breasts. I cut mine into about silver dollar sized pieces. so they cook more evenly. you only have to marinade about 1/2 hour.

I just throw them on the George Foreman, they cook up pretty fast, about 5 minutes. I usually serve with black beans and a side salad. I use the left overs for wraps later in the week.

I don't have a packet right now to tell you the nutritional info, but IIRC it is pretty decent, except for maybe sodium. I use olive oil, and it seems like most of that ends up in the discarded marinade, so it is a little hard to tell how much of the fat (oil) you actually eat. You could also use less oil than recommended, or try it with Enova Oil.

I think I have tried almost all of their marinades in that brand, and I like most all of them, with the exception of the garlic herb. It isn't bad, but it is just too much like the chicken marinaded in salad dressing that I have done one too many times.
LucyGoosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

take chicken and 1 bottle of salsa. dump the salsa and chicken in either a crock pot or a baking dish, cover, and if its in the baking pan, cook for about 1 hour (or till its cooked through) in a 350 oven. The crock pot is really easy, since you can just flip it on low in the morning and come home to a finished meal. But this is really good and really easy.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote