Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

My usual breakfast is fat-free yogurt with 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. It's yummy. I don't really eat meals most of the time, I just snack my way through the day. The yogurt is more of my first snack than a breakfast . If I'm feeling like I want more than that, I'll do instant oatmeal or add an apple or banana. I'm not crazy about oatmeal but it is more filling than yogurt. I always overeat if I have cereal - I'm used to having a HUGE bowl of cereal if I have it - and I haven't been able to successfuly break that huge serving habit so I don't eat cereal.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #17  

Default Trying for variety

Plain fat-free yogurt with fresh fruit and grape-nuts

Oatmeal with extra flax seed and blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Ezekiel cereal with skim milk

Frozen waffles with peanut butter

Cottage cheese mixed with unsweetened applesauce

Whole grain toast (Ezekiel sesame bread is my favorite) with peanut butter and sliced banana

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #18  

Oatmeal cooked or OatBran cooked in the microwave with half water/half milk pinch of salt and 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Taste like a warm homemade peanut butter cookie and keeps you full at least until lunch.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #19  
Working My Way Back Down

I cycle through 3 things as a rule: cheerios w/milk, few walnuts and fruit (if I have it); cooked oatmeal w/raisins and nuts; poached eggs. I eat a piece of whole wheat toast with these, sometimes with whipped cream cheese, sometimes Laughing Cow, and occasionally a light butter spread. On the weekends my DH sometimes wants pancakes, waffles or french toast. When he does I usually have 1 along with a Morningstar Farms breakfast patty. I need protein with my breakfast, or I'm snacking on anything I can find. I usually have a yogurt and/or fruit snack about 10.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #20  

I like to eat...
~Special K W/berries
~WW bagelsW/FF cream cheese&tuna
~WW bagelsW/eggbeater,ff cheese,& Canadian Bacon
~WW bars
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #21  

*turkey bacon
*any type of veggie or soy sausage or patties (it tastes almost as good as the real thing and is usually low fat and low cal)
*yogurt with fruit
*english muffin with light laughing cow cheese
*frozen waffles with fruit
*smoothie with protein powder, (sometimes reduced fat peanut butter) milk and fruit

other than that I eat A LOT of eggbeaters, which I know you dont like, but they're SUCH a calorie bargain (30 cals per serving)

good luck!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #22  

My favorite is a piece of whole grain toast (lightly buttered... I'm working on natural foods without chemical additives) and a cup of fruit.

A couple times a week I make eggs for my family. Usually scrambled. So I will have one or two with fruit and skip the bread. I try to plan this on days when we are having more grains with our dinner. Like pasta day or something.

I am online right now looking for smoothie recipes. My husband has taken a big interest in that.

I also eat oatmeal once in a while. I find I love oatmeal in winter mainly. I'm a seasonal eater. I love to add walnuts. Or warm up some berries (I buy them frozen in the winter) and mix them in with a tad bit of sugar. So good! Not a huge love of oatmeal myself but this has helped me to add things in... sparingly tho!

A treat for me is a slice of raisin bread instead of whole wheat.

Ok, a real treat is about once every other month I make pancakes or french toast. We have to be sure we don't rule out all the things we love completely!!!!

Jen
Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #23  
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
I make apple bran muffins, and also freeze those, for a quick breakfast food, with fruit and milk.
Hi Suzanne - Have you ever posted your bran muffin recipe? If not, may I have it? I love bran muffins but haven't come by a healthy (but edible) recipe yet.

Thanks,
Melanie
Old 08-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #24  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

right now i am on a yogurt with chocolate protein powder kick. sometimes i throw in a few dried cranberries to liven it up. but fruit is good too. i've been loving watermelon balls recently. but i have those all day.
cheese style yogurt with pita bread is yummy too. or sometimes just good old fashioned pb&j with light bread or one slice of the regular hits the spot at breakfast time. i've noticed that is a good breakfast for me because it keeps me full for a long time and i am more likely to eat extra food earlier in the day.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #25  

I also like the EAS Advant shakes. I am one of those who just does not like to eat in the mornings so drinking a shake gets some protien in me and fills me up without having to "eat".

While lving in Europe my neighbor pretty much ate beans and toast everyday(I just do not like baked beans). I made her come over to my place and try biscuits and gravy. She truely thought I was going to give her cookies and gravy!

Tiffany
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #26  

Smile

During the week, my breakfast is usually a scrambled egg and maybe a piece of toast from the company cafeteria, plus a v-8 from home. Weekends or when I have more time in the mornings, I like lowfat plain yogurt with blueberries (I keep them in my freezer), some high fiber cereal, honey and cinnamon. Today I added a slice of raisin toast as a treat.

Dinah
Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #27  
resident weirdo

I like to have fruit or vegetables for breakfast when I can, but sometimes ya just gotta have somethin sweet like cereal. Yogurt is another great breakfast food, very healthy and delicious.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:07 AM   #28  
SoLdIeRs WiFe

I like the EAS carb control drinks as well. being in college gives me no time to eat. if i do have time i just have plain non fat yogurt with vanilla extract

Old 08-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #29  

Another great option is low-fat waffle (3 pts for 2). Toast it with some spray butter and tab a tblspoon of natural honey (2 pts). It fills you up and it almost fells like your cheating!! Another great idea is to srabble up some egg whites (3= 1 pt.) and lay it on the waffle, pour some sugar free or light syrup and you're set! It's like eggs in the basket without the fat! The combo of salt and sweet is great.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:33 PM   #30  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I've recently added a lot of variety to my breakfast, so I'll just list my ideas below Add a cup of milk and some fruit on the side to each of those, unless it already has fruit.

- muffin, cup of milk, fresh fruit (usually a few strawberries)
- 2-egg omelet with vegetables (mushrooms, peppers and broccoli in any combination), milk
- a cup of blueberries with low fat yoghurt, sprinkled with a spoon of granola
- cold cereal with skim milk and some fruit on the side (I used to eat cereal every single day, and I like it too much to just stop, so I have it 1-2 times/week; once in a while I have my favourite cereal, but most of the time I eat Kashi or Vector)
- pumpernickel bread with cream cheese and green or red pepper
- toast with Brie cheese and strawberries (or with green or red peppers and pepper)
- 2 scrambled eggs (usually add lots of mild paprika, which adds a nice flavour)
- cottage cheese
Closed Thread