Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:17 PM   #1  
WooHoo Go Black Team

Default Unending Snacking

A few days out of the month I want to constantly eat . I try to eat Healthy but it drives me nuts and it drives me nuts that I am never content I just want to eat.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do does anything help?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  
stbakd

try getting rid of all food you shouldn't eat. popcorn is good as it fills you up.
good luck. glen
Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 PM   #3  

It helps to keep a journal of your food intake, and write the reasons why your eating, hunger, boredomw, stress, that time of the month....

If it's hormonal related, plan plan plan. If it just has to be chocolate, ration it. If it's just automatic eating, eat vegetables.
Sometimes especially that time of the month, it is very difficult not to eat, I find anyway.

Keep yourself busy, do exercise, find hobbies you can do at home, try to keep your hands doing something other than reaching for food!!!

These are all things that have helped me so far.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I totally know what you mean because I go through the same thing. Try downing lots of water when you are feeling like eating everything in the cupboards. And I mean LOTS of water. Soon you won't be able to eat anything more even if you wanted to. Brushing your teeth is always a good one because you won't want food and also getting out of the house helps me because I am not as tempted to overindulge in public.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #5  
WooHoo Go Black Team

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone .

I do keep the foods out of my house that i should not be eating .I learned aong time ago if it is in my house I will eat it lol

I haven't tried journaling that may be a good idea and yes keeping busy more would be good to thanks all
Old 02-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #6  

Default Compensation eating

I have to be careful of what I call "compensation eating".

When there's something I really have a craving for.. and I know I shouldn't eat it, I'll make a healthy choice, but I tend to still be hungry. Cause my choice didn't satisfy my craving. So I keep eating and eating different things in order to compensate for my not having that treat, when in reality if I had just had a small portion of WHATEVER it was, I probably wouldn't still be hungry.

when I find I've eaten a snack and I still want more, I think it out. Okay, whoa now.. if I'm this hungry, why? Is it because I skipped breakfast? Is it because I just want something to do? (I'm bad about doing that) Is it because I'm feeling stressed and upset? Is my STOMACH really saying its hungry or is it my mind? Sometimes just thinking through it helps. Sometimes I make lil games with myself. Okay, you can have another snack after you finish this 20 oz bottle of water. Okay, you can have another snack after you finish reading 3 more chapters of your book. Sometimes after waiting just that long, I'll realize I really wasnt THAT hungry. I read that it takes your stomach 15 min to tell your brain that its full. Can you believe that?! How much overeating have we all done because we're already full and didnt know it!!!

My mom finds it sometimes helps to treat every time you eat as a meal. Don't eat and do something else. ESPECIALLY NOT TV. Actually put it on a plate and sit at the table and eat it.

I dunno, hope some of these tips might help.
Closed Thread