Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #16  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7eggyc
Kashi is making their own granola bars now. yeah! They are yummy too. I don't see them on their website though. I picked up the box at my local health food chain so maybe you can find them near you. They had 3 different flavors and the one I have has almonds and I think dried cranberries plus the grains. Only 110 calories...don't remember the other info. They are different than the Go-Lean Bars. I'll try to remember to come back when I'm home and post more details from the packaging.

Peg
OH I would love it if you could!! I can't eat their GoLean bars very often (too much protein), but would love it if they had a low sugar, high fiber, high taste granola bar. With cinnamon. I'm not too picky or anything, am I?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #17  
a new me, I soon will be

baby carrots, sliced cheese, apples, grapes, a handful of mini-cookies (like Teddy Grahams), Quakes caramel corn flavor, pickles, a few crackers with lean lunchmeat
Old 01-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #18  

Okay, I just found the next best thing to Nutter Butters. Yay!!!!!!

The Nature's Valley peanut butter granola bars rule the roost! I tried the cinnamon and oat, but peanut butter kicks all their butts!

I was REALLY missing peanut butter.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #19  

Hello-I love the caramel rice cakes with only 70 calories and it cures the sweet cravings
Karen
Old 01-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #20  

I would love to see more info on granola bars from Kashi too!! Like NMmamma, my granola bar of choice right now is also Nature's Valley peanut butter granola bars. I've tried the other flavors but these are definitely the best! Some of my other fav snacks are:

3/4 c. sliced strawberries with equal, 2 tbsp. ff coolwhip and 2 tbsp. go lean crunch cereal. Even got my DD hooked on this one, it's so good!

Blue Bunny lite 85 yogurt (black cherry, YUM!). I freeze it and it's like eating ice cream!

snack sized bags of ff popcorn. I like the kettle corn b/c it has more flavor than the ff butter flavor.

cheese Quakes, but I may have to try those caramel ones, they sound good!

I also love to freeze small to medium sized bananas. I take one out a few minutes before I'm ready to eat it so I can cut the peel off easily. Then I slice it up and eat it with a fork, very yummy!! Plus, freezing them keeps them from going bad too quicky.

That's all I can think of right now b/c these are the ones I have most often. When I find something I like I tend to stick with it for a long time.

Beverly
Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #21  
Baby Stepping Along

Default Kashi Granola Bars

Sorry to be so long getting this stuff on the granola bars posted but here we go:
Kashi Chewy Granola Bars- Trail Mix flavor (other flavors are Honey Almond Flax or Peanut Peanut Butter)
1 bar (35g)
Cals: 130
Cals from Fat: 45
Total Fat 5 g
Sat Fat .5 g
Trans Fat 0
Total Carbs 20g
Fiber 4 (1 soluble, 3 insoluble)
Sugars 6
Protein 5

The sku is 18627 03000 if that helps your grocer find them. I still don't see anything on their website about these.

Peg
Old 01-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #22  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you sooo much!!! Maybe I should look for them at the health food stores first?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:53 PM   #23  

I allow myself to eat as many baby carrots and celery as I want in a day. I love crunchy food so these both keep me happy.

I like to have a banana before I work out. It's also an easy food to travel with so I can just stick it into my purse.

I love raspberries or blackberries but I'll usually mix those into my lunch with either yogurt or cottage cheese.

Once in a while I get the light microwavable popcorn. It's tough because the bags are just too big for one person. I'll either wind up throwing a lot of it out or eating it all.

Love, love, love grapes. Again with the crunch, but I love a grape that has a good snap to it when you bite into it. Soft grapes arne't my thing.

I usually have a box of corn pops in my fridge. I rarely have a whole bowl with milk but I like to have a handful or two after dinner for a little treat of sweetness as my last food for the day.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #24  

Some ideas that I do are:

Yoplait FF yogurt with 1/2cup of kashi go lean cereal.

Chocolate protien powder, 1/2 cup of grape nuts, and about 1/8 cup of water (stir these ingredients together, and its a chocolatey treat)

Handful of honey teddy grahams,
orange tic tacs,
Fat free,carb select Hot Chocolate with fat free cool whip,
1/2 cup of garbanzo beans,
Frozen mixed fruit with tbsp of cool whip,
handful of mixed nuts,
WASA crackers and low fat spread,
Healthy choice reduced fat, sugar free ice cream,
Avid bars ( i buy them at GNC)
Old 01-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

A cup of soy milk or ff/sf yogurt, a little splenda, and some half frozen berries, add the berries slowly to the blender that has the milk in it, until thick like a milkshake. Really does taste like a milkshake, only way better for you. Good to eat before a workout (under 200).

A few olives, an ounce of really good cheddar, and some high-fiber melba toast (under 200).

Oatmeal with a little brown sugar (oatmeal is one of the best things for steadying your blood sugar levels; I can coast for a long time on a bowl of it).

An ounce of dark chocolate!!! Or a cup of vanilla soy milk plus 2 T quality cocoa powder, heated - high in protein, calcium and fiber, and under 150 calories. (and actually quite filling).
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #26  

almonds, hummus with carrots, SugarFree PhillySwirl Stix, chocolate animal crackers, salsa and chips
Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 350/336/299

Height: 5'7''

Default Salsa Anyone

Hello Everyone,
I love to snack on Salsa and Tortilla Chips. They have the tortilla chips that are baked and salsa is already low fat.. I love every minute of it. ITs like eating chips...

SkinnyMemories... Ten pounds away from my V Day Goal
Old 02-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #28  

i just thought of a few more:

reduced fat no sugar added chocolate pudding (handi-snacks from krafts are perfect because they are portion controlled) only 60 calories

bagged portion of animal crackers

frozen assorted fruit (bananas, grapes, etc)
Old 02-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #29  

have anyone tried those allbran bars- honey or cinnamon they are good but not as good as the nature valley and are a good way to get in some fiber-5grams
Old 02-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #30  
Jen

Thumbs up Candy Canes!

Candy canes have just 50 calories! And you can savour them over time if you like to suck on them.

Any snack around 50 cals is great. I also stick with SOURCE yogurt (50 cals) or applesauce (51 cals).

Jen
Closed Thread