Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #1  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Default Crystal Light Energy - Anyone else try it?

I got a free sample of the orange Crystal Light Energy, and I really liked it.

I bought a box of the wild strawberry flavor this weekend & tried it at work yesterday. I don't like very sweet drinks, so I only use about 1/8 of a pouch in each 16oz bottle of water. I drank about 4 bottles of water, and man, I could tell I was speeding a bit from the 'energy' stuff.

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night too. Crazy. I was just really surprised by how much that stuff had me going?! Anyone else try this, did it keep you up too?
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I got some of the strawberry in a variety pack. It's pretty good. I mix it in a 20 ounce water bottle.

I just tried black cherry Mio energy - I like that flavor a little better.

My favorite caffeinated drink mix is from Medifast - it's strawberry lemonade. Really yummy, but pricey.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The "energy stuff" is just caffeine. I tend to avoid the caffeinated drink mixes,because I usuallly make them by the pitcher, and I want to be able to drink from it any time of day (and I don't drink caffeine after 5pm or I can't sleep).

For my caffeine, I prefer tea or a can of diet soda, so that when I choose caffeine it's a conscious decision.

I have tried the strawberry Crystal Light Energy (I bought it on sale). I'm not sure why I bought it, except that it was cheap, because I HATE artificial strawberry flavoring with a passion. I was surprised that it tasted better than most fake strawberry things, but it wasn't good enough for me to buy more.

I don't usually by Crystal Light, because store brands are cheaper and come in most of the same flavors (and often you can tell are exactly the same product, probably made in the same plant with only the name on the label changing). Walmart and a lot of the other stores have a caffeinated orange drink mix, and I will make that occasionally.

I do wish that food and drink containing caffeine would list the amount of caffeine.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote