Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #16  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Wow, you guys are seriously AWESOME! You've all given me some great ideas I can at least try out! I'm on the Nutrisystem diet plan, so no breading or heavy oil for me... light as possible seems to be the best so I'm thinking seasonings and whatnot. But I didn't even have an idea how to cook them... so you guys are angels!

Thanks again!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I love tilipia. I just crush some fresh garlic and spread it on. Squeeze a fresh lemon over it. Sprinkle with some Mrs. DAsh or Old Bay Seasoning & some paprika and parsley and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Delicious.

Salmon though is probably my all time favorite. I make a mix of soy sauce, sugar free apricot preserves, fresh crushed garlic, ginger powder and mustard powder and spread it on the fish. Bake for about 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. SCRUMPTIOUS!

It struck me as kind of funny. We want to eat fish - but we don't want it to taste fish-y. That's like saying that we don't want our chicken to taste - chicken-y. Or chocolate to taste chocolate-y.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-02-2009 at 09:35 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I like to marinate salmon using fresh ginger,orange, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. I leave the whole oranges with the salmon marinating, I use a frying pan and put the marinade into it. Quick and yummy!
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I agree with you, Robin - I *like* my fish to be fish-y! But I understand that many people don't share that taste, while still wanting the health benefits.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
Oh, I agree with you, Robin - I *like* my fish to be fish-y! But I understand that many people don't share that taste, while still wanting the health benefits.
Su-bee, I said "we" when I wrote that, because I'm in "that" group - wanting my fish not to taste fishy. Yet I love fish. LOVE it. So, yes I understand it completely.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #21  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I see a lot of salmons, and tilapia's up there.... but my favorite fish (and fish of choice) is actually perch. I used to bread it and fry it... but no go on that now. Anyone got any ideas/recipes for perch??
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Thank you so much for the great advice. I'm going a seafood restaurant this weekend with my seafood loving husband to try out a few different kinds. Tilapia is the one I can't wait to taste.
AtlGirl is offline   Reply With Quote