Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #1  

Default Favorite indoor grill, features?

I just read an older thread about how great the George Foremen grills are. I'm sold. I definitly want to get something but the prices vary so much and I don't know what features to look for. It wouldn't have to be a George Foreman either. Any brand would be fine with me. I think the removable plates would be great, and maybe a temp gauge...or maybe that's not important. Any recommendations? TIA!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #2  

I use to have an old GF grill, but since I grill a lot of veggies it took me forever to cook things and I wanted something bigger. I ended up buying a grill pan this time instead of an electric grill. It's made of cast iron and it sits across two burners on my stove. I like it because it seems to get hotter than the GF grill, it is easier to clean (not easy but easier) and it's flat so it stores easier. The one issue I have is that it is HEAVY!! Very heavy, so I just am very careful when I am moving it because it would break your foot if you dropped it.

Here is the Amazon link for it. I bought it there.. free shipping too!

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Logic-16...9529922&sr=8-4
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #3  

You know, I thought about one of those. I like that it's so big too. But, now that I think of it, we have a flat surface stove, so I don't know how well that would work. But the thing I like about the paninni/ GF type of thing is that they have the upper part that cooks also. It does cook from the upper portion doesn't it?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am in love with the Cuisinart Griddler, for a couple reasons.

1, it has two sets of plates, so you can either grill or griddle (great for protein or regular pancakes!)

2, it can be used as a foreman grill (ie cooking from both sides, which doubles as a panini press) or as a flat grill (you just open it up on the hinges and it goes completely flat, so you have double the grilling surface for grilling veggies or whatever)

3, it has separate temperature controls for the griddle and grill/panini modes, so you can control your temperature MUCH more easily. The griddle mode is controlled by degrees, like an oven, and the grill/panini mode goes "low/med/high" for quick setting to any of those or anything in between (chicken grills in 7 minutes, with the closed grill, on "med/high").

4, every Foreman grill I've used has a "drippings tray" - for some reason, I always spill when I use these, because they stick when I'm pulling them out. The griddler comes with 2 dripping cups that you just set under the little drip spouts...you use one in closed mode, and both in open mode.

5, Easy cleanup! The Griddler even comes with a special tool that fits the grooves on the grill plates, so you can scrape them down once the plates have cooled, making cleaning the nonstick plates even easier.

Its also pretty and matches my kitchen appliances (brushed stainless, mostly), and the adjustable hinges accomodate ANY height of food that I've tried.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-4.../dp/B0001XASWQ
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #5  

Are they paying you for that endorsement because that sounds perfect! I was hoping to find something a little less expensive, but gosh....those are all features I would want. Man, here I was expecting to find something for $50ish, now I'm up to $100!