Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Best Caesar Dressing I've Found!

I had to share my happiness...yesterday in ShopRite I came upon Walden Farms Calorie Free, Fat Free, Sugar Free Caesar Dressing. I don't know how they did it but the dressing is creamy and delicious and I can't tell the difference from normal caesar dressing (and I'm REALLY picky). They have lots of other flavors and their website has dips, sauces, and fruit spreads too. De-lish!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

See...I find that almost ALL of them taste the same. I don't care for the Ceasar but the Thousand Island is good....taste pretty close. Their Italian is good...makes it so you don't feel guilty for eating too much of it. Their Maple Syrup is good too.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #3  
One Pound at a Time

I am SUPER picky when it comes to dressing. Fat free or low-fat caesar is almost intolerable to me. I tried salad spritzers and hated them too. I had almost given up on finding something that tastes good. I can't wait to try their other products. I'm so glad I ventured into a different supermarket. They have so much more variety than the one I usually go to.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #4  
returning to myself

REALLY? I have used many WF products...but never the caesar dressing...

the caramel dip is a regular on my grocery list....I use it in protein shakes, yogurt, sliced apples...

I tried the thousand island...it was ok but a little flat....I added a teaspoon of mayo to it and that helped...of course it wasn't fat free anymore....

I DO NOT like the marshmallow dip...it's WEIRD....

and the french onion dip is ok if you add a little french onion soup mix and a dash of worcesteshire...

I was going to try the italian sundried tomato next....I was thinking of adding a teaspoon of flax oil to it....I may try the caesar too...I usually don't buy caesar....but I DID like Paul Newmans...so maybe I will like this!

btw...the thousand island make a nice tartar sauce if you add a little sugar free sweet relish to it....
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

MMMMM...Carmel dip? I haven't seen that one! Their chocolate dip is alright....it's too sweet though. I will check out that carmel...YUM...now I'm salavating.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #6  
returning to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBrownEyes View Post
MMMMM...Carmel dip? I haven't seen that one! Their chocolate dip is alright....it's too sweet though. I will check out that carmel...YUM...now I'm salavating.
I didn't like the chocolate much...it tasted strangely bitter and sweet...I couldn't find a use for it....

the caramel I was iffy about at first...but now I must have it...it is best when MIXED in with something....my favorite is Gold Standard French Vanilla Whey Protein with unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze and a dollop of WF caramel in the blender with ice....it is FANTASTIC....like a thick caramel cream shake...only 160 calories...and a protein serving...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #7  
One Pound at a Time

Now you've got me excited about having something tasty to add to my smoothies. I always feel like they're really lacking in sweetness.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #8  
returning to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADrive View Post
Now you've got me excited about having something tasty to add to my smoothies. I always feel like they're really lacking in sweetness.

you have to try my caramel shake...it's like dessert...
Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #9  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Kraft Light Ceasar (or Free) is pretty good too.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhere View Post
you have to try my caramel shake...it's like dessert...
I WILL be trying your recipe but with my own shake mix. Sounds awesome! I bet with a dollup of FF cool whip on top it would be awesome!...wait...add a fresh cherry! lol

That's it..I'm going shoppin tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #11  
returning to myself

ah...yes...we all have our favorite shake mixes....

I just couldn't find one I really liked....sometimes I would like one for a while, but then after a few times it would start tasting weird to me...
I finally went with Gold Standard cuz it won so many taste awards...it has about 20 more calories...but it's worth it!!!

I am ordering from netrition today...I am going to try the WF Caesar dressing....I will probably add som Ztrim to it....I am also going to try the Italian sundried tomato.....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #12  
One Pound at a Time

Today I had an actual salad with the dressing instead of just a figertip taste test...and I have to say I was not happy. I guess I didn't realize with such a small taste, but there is an overwhelming flavor of anchovies (I know a lot of caesar dressings include this, but most don't taste quite as strong). I'm going to try it again to see if I can get used to it, but if not I'll have to try another flavor. I don't like fishy salads. Ick! Sorry to anyone who tries it and hates it!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #13  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Today I had an actual salad with the dressing instead of just a figertip taste test...and I have to say I was not happy. I guess I didn't realize with such a small taste, but there is an overwhelming flavor of anchovies (I know a lot of caesar dressings include this, but most don't taste quite as strong). I'm going to try it again to see if I can get used to it, but if not I'll have to try another flavor. I don't like fishy salads. Ick! Sorry to anyone who tries it and hates it!
I honestly don't think it has much if ANY anchovies in it. ALL the dressings taste like the Ceasar...I'm not joking. All but the Thousand Island, and Italian dressings. I was shocked that someone would like it, but I guess it turns out you didn't.. Sorry you had to endure the awful taste.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #14  
returning to myself

Quote:
whoa...thanks...I hadn't clicked the order in yet....I will leave off the Caesar...I am still going to try the sundried tomato flavor tho....

I plan on adding asome Ztrim for texture (if nec) and a teaspoon of flax oil, and some actual sundried tomato...

btw...I believe the original Caesar recipe (from tijuana) didn't ACTUALLY include anchovies...it had WORCESTERSHIRE....and THAT has anchovies....