Old 10-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

Red face Good Yoga Videos

HI, just wondering if anyone could recommend a good yoga video to me. I use to take a yoga class for about a year - and than I just kind of got out of it. But I would love to be able to do yoga at home. I don't want anything thats to mystical - just the poses in a good format - thanx much
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 127/125/115

Height: 5'2"

My boyfriend is currently doing Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body, and really likes it. It's not mystical, just good yoga poses. But since it's a Power Yoga DVD, it goes faster than regular Yoga. Hope this helps!!

Suzannah
suzannahbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #3  

I have used a lot of different yoga videos, to give a good recomendation tell me a little bit more about what you want.

Do you want to hold poses for a long time or move faster with your breath?

Do you want to have a spiritual content or are you opposed or does it not matter?

Do you need something for someone with obesity issues?

Is your primary objective in yoga to build strength, lose weight, stretch, become more flexible, relax, ?

How long do you want the practice to be?

Do you care about indoor/outdoors male/female?

So those are the main things! There are hundreds and hundreds of yoga videos out there so hopefully we can find the perfect one.

If you aren't worried about finding the perfect one than I recomend Eoin Finns Pure and Simple Yoga. It is my most favorite and I would recomend it to anybody. You can watch the trailer here:

http://vancouveryoga.com/pureandsimple.html
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

THanks for the suggestion - the vancouveryoga looks very intrusting - I may just have to buy it.
What I'm looking for is something more for relaxation/stree releif, I don't really care if the instrusctor is male or female or if its inside or outisde. I'm looking for something that would run about 30 - 40 mins (I have a 1 yr old so I have to budget my time wisley between exercise and house work ).
As for spiritual content I'd perfer it not to be a high priority on the dvd - I didn't used to mind the practice that had the little meditation at the end - but I don't really want to be going through everything - worship the stars the earth etc (I tryed one dvd like that - and did not enjoy it at all, it was a bit to out there for me)

Thakyou so much for taking the time to respond to me
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:52 AM   #5  

I love the Wai Lana Yoga series. She also has a dvd dedicated
to relaxation/stress reduction. She also has a childrens yoga series.

www.wailana.com

Good luck!
jahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #6  

I actually did not like the Wai Lana relaxation video at all. It was a lot of slow leg lifts and she changed outfits between every posture and they were really weird. And I couldn't understand what she was saying and she sang a song in the end. I just thought it was kind of cheesy.

I do love Eoin's Pure and Simple, and he isn't very spiritual, he has a really nice voice though which is nice to relax too. It isn't too hard because you can watch the beginner track and it has this great feature where you can turn on a breath track, that way you can make sure through the whole thing that your breath stay in tune with what your body is doing. I LOVE LOVE it. Whenever I finish I have that "yoga high"!

Ali MacGraw - Yoga Mind & Body is a classic, yoga guru Erich Shiffman helped design it and it is popular among most people and you can find it in a lot of places.

Yoga Zone Stress Relief- All the yoga zones are popular because they are really good, they have a lot of instruction. The best part is if you have a Ross store you can usually find them for around 4 dollars.

Altar of the Heart- is maybe my favorite yoga video, but it is pretty long and you can only buy it from Tilak Pyle's website. It is really beautiful and really relaxing.

Good Luck and let us know what you end up with and if you like it
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Ana Forrests' Strength and Spirit is my absolute favorite. Great sequenceing, a nice challenge but not too hard. I love her sequencing and I feel great when it is over. About 45 minutes.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote