Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #1  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Default Suggestions for Fun videos

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a fun video as a break from my normal routine. I do both cardio,abs, and toning 5 days a week for an hour, but I am wanting a less time consuming video for Saturday. Maybe 20-30 minutes. I would be interested in any kind of dance, basic pilates, basic yoga...or anything different. Thanks!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I've been borrowing a DVD from a co worker, and I really like it. Its called Crunch - Fat Burning Dance Party. Its around 40 to 45 mins, and I think its fun. It was hard the first couple of times, but its easier to follow now. For me, its a challenging DVD, but I'm not in the greatest of shape, so it may be easier to others.

I also have Denise Austin - Shrink Your Female Fat Zones. Its a 40 min workout with weights and the stability ball, but its split into 2 20 min segments. Since I like to sleep in a bit, I tend to do the first 20 mins one morning, and the second half the next morning. I like this one too, its fun, easy to follow, and I think its a decent work out. I know others have commented on it, saying its pretty basic and easy work out, but it just depends on your fitness level I guess

Hope that gives you some ideas anyway

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #3  

If you're looking for fun, what about a bellydancing or hula video? I can't recommend specific ones (check collagevideo.com), but they sould like they would be a lot of fun!
StraitLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #4  

I like Jeff Costas strip aerobics..(nothing comes off but its sexy and fun and different) Also I love DDR (playstation game)
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #5  
We're TTC!!

Thanks so much for the suggestions!!

Liz- I've seen that Crunch video at Walmart...I will check into that next time I'm there!

Straightlover- You're right! Bellydance and Hoola sounds like a lot fun...great ideas!

Slimcharm- I was always curious about strip aerobics b/c it sounded fun and different and I got Carmen Electra's...I'm not really sure that I like her workout too much. I will try to get more info on Jeff Costas, though!

thanks again!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #6  

I think the number 2 video by Carmen is a good workout..I havent tried the others. The Jeff Costa workout is really just fun and feels good. Not a strenuous workout by any means..just fun. Also have you read the S factor by Sheila Kelly...she really learned how to be in total control of her body through pole dancing and stripping. I know it may sound crazy but its kinda fun...Her book is quite good.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #7  
resident weirdo

I have a belly dancing tape and its really fun. It's not too hard but it's not too easy.
I've always wanted to try one of the striptease workouts but my parents would flip!!
kittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #8  
We're TTC!!

I have never heard of the S Factor. I agree about parents (loved ones) flipping out...I'm sure my husband would think that I was a nut! LOL. i am going to check out some things at videocollage.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #9  

Heck I even ordered a boa from ebay ..
None of the videos I have actually take anything off other than a hoodie. You can check out Jeff Costa at cardiostriptease.com
The S factor makes tapes also but very pricey.