Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #16  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I am a Firm Believer too! I have been using the transFIRMer since July 15th...so far I have lost 8lbs and toned up very nicely
mom2cass&em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I use The Firm about 5-7 days a week. I have about 20 DVDs and like to rotate the different groups each week. That way I don't get board with them. It defintly keeps you sweating hard the whole way through. If I didn't have the fanny lifter, I don't think my legs would be looking as good as they do in such a short time.
I actually have missed this last week working out since I was on vacation and was just walking at the beach. I ate like a pig and still lost weight. Is is true that when you workout with weights that you retain more water??
Now I'm worried that I will gain this 3lb weight loss back when I start doing The Firm again this weekend.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #18  
Peach

you retain water at first.. unless yur dehydrated.
good job!
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #19  

I have 3 questions to ask you firm believers.

1- the way i understand it, we don't work to muscle failure with the firm, right?

2- How often do you increase the weights?

3- I prefer to work with lower weights with my lower body ( I am a pear and fear to bulk up), so, on movements that require you work both the lower and the upper body, like the hand curl on the tall box, what would you prefer, I stay with lower weights or increase the weights?
dsamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #20  
To Be Fit

S/C/G: 130/127/110

Height: 5'0''

Thanks to this website, I got turned on to the FIRM. I bought the FIRM Body Sculpting System off EBay for a very reasonable price. It came with the Fanny Lifter and a DVD with three different routines. I absolutely love it.

The DVD's are different lengths which is good so you can use them based on how much time you have to exercise that day.

I have also ordered their "Get Chiseled" DVD to help keep things fresh. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I don't ever work out two days in a row because I have a health condition that requires my body to have a day of recovery.

For the poster with the pear-shaped body: use heavier weights for lower body work. It will not "bulk you up" it will tone that area even faster.

I am buying my weights from the sporting goods store. I have 2 lbs. and 3 lbs. but I need to get 5 lbs. now for my arm work. Just haven't gotten over to the store yet.

I have only been doing this a couple of months and already notice a difference in the way my clothes fit etc. I was looking for something that would give strength and tone and this program does it!

Thank you 3fatchicks for turning me on to the FIRM.
nolemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #21  
To Be Fit

S/C/G: 130/127/110

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamy View Post
I have 3 questions to ask you firm believers.

1- the way i understand it, we don't work to muscle failure with the firm, right?

2- How often do you increase the weights?

3- I prefer to work with lower weights with my lower body ( I am a pear and fear to bulk up), so, on movements that require you work both the lower and the upper body, like the hand curl on the tall box, what would you prefer, I stay with lower weights or increase the weights?

If you are using different routines you will not get "muscle failure" i.e. you will always be working different muscle groups different ways. You should increase the weights according to how your body feels. In other words, if it is getting too easy during exercising, whether you are doing lower body or upper body or whatever, then increase the weight. The main thing is that you are challenging yourself without hurting yourself.

I already responded to the question about your concern you will bulk up your bottom section, but I will add that this does not happen with this low of weights. Bulk comes from: testosterone (you don't take HGH I presume), lower number of reps with higher weights (as in a lot heavier weights than you would ever use with the FIRM). Good luck!
nolemom is offline   Reply With Quote