3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   October Turbo Fire and More Check-In (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/244249-october-turbo-fire-more-check.html)

rose madder 10-14-2011 01:04 PM

Just bought turbofire on amazon... I have done insanity and p90x already, so I know it's gonna be good!!

teacher1 10-14-2011 01:09 PM

Welcome Rose!! We do turbo fire and other workouts here!!!

Diana3271 10-14-2011 01:11 PM

rose madder Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Diana3271 10-14-2011 01:12 PM

Izzadawn Hi :wave: Welcome back! It's good to see you again!

Diana3271 10-14-2011 03:36 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In
~KCM's 30 MTF Kickboxing (both workouts) w/weighted gloves
~KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Boxing/Cardio Premix) w/weighted gloves

I have never been able to learn Kelly's Kickboxing workout. I didn't feel like I had gotten a workout in after I finished it. I decided to do the Circuit Burn Premix. That was a great workout! I guess I should do the Kickboxing workout more often so I can learn it, but I hate feeling like I am wasting my time.

teacher1 10-15-2011 11:31 AM

today- zumba ymca 1 hour

My husband and I leave tomorrow for Las Vegas. We'll be gone until late Wed. So I won't be checking in. We'll be walking a lot. Talk to everyone Thurs. Have a great weekend.

Diana3271 10-15-2011 05:43 PM

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!

Teacher Woo Hoo! Vegas? Is it a fun trip? If so, good luck and I hope you win big! No matter what, have fun and be safe!

Check-In: Cathe's Low Max (step)

Diana3271 10-16-2011 07:25 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

Diana3271 10-17-2011 05:57 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60

Diana3271 10-18-2011 03:50 PM

Check-In:
Slim Series Tear It Up w/5's, 8's, and 10's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Boxing w/weighted gloves

Izzadawn 10-19-2011 01:27 PM

Hey all
Started a New TF rotation on Monday, Did the 15 HIIT Yesterday and am absolutely exhausted today.... Thank Goodness it is a Planned rest day.

Diana3271 10-19-2011 04:48 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Kickboxing (1st workout)
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body

Diana3271 10-19-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzadawn (Post 4077353)
Hey all
Started a New TF rotation on Monday, Did the 15 HIIT Yesterday and am absolutely exhausted today.... Thank Goodness it is a Planned rest day.

Hi :wave: It's good to see you again!

gnat7 10-20-2011 11:00 AM

Hello, thought I'd join in. :)

Check in-
Fire 15 + Stretch 10 (I'm trying to learn the videos - they're kicking my ***!)

Izzadawn 10-20-2011 11:34 AM

Hello All

Welcome gnat7, it does get easier!!!
Thanks Diana, appreciate the welcome back.
Teacher, hope you had a Fabulous trip !!!

Check in Fire30 + stretch 10

teacher1 10-20-2011 01:15 PM

Izzadawn- it was fabulous :)

Diana- it was a trip for fun and it was lots of fun

gnat7- welcome

today- TF Fire 30

Diana3271 10-20-2011 04:12 PM

Check-In:
Star Trainer Strength workouts (w/8's & 10's)
TF Fire 55EZ w/weighted gloves

gnat7 Hi and Welcome! :wave: Yes, it will get easier! They are fun though! :carrot:

Izzadawn Great job!

Teacher Welcome back! Glad you had a fun trip! I want to go there one day!

Izzadawn 10-21-2011 02:00 PM

Hi All

Check in 55 EZ

teacher1 10-21-2011 02:10 PM

today- zumba 1 hour ymca

Diana3271 10-22-2011 11:12 AM

Yesterday's check-in: TF Fire 60

teacher1 10-22-2011 12:27 PM

today- TF Fire 45ez

Diana3271 10-22-2011 08:31 PM

Check-In:
Debra Mazda Let's Get Stepping
Gin Miller's Step Reaction

I had a "stepfest" today! ;)

teacher1 10-23-2011 11:48 AM

today- TF fire 55ez

Diana3271 10-23-2011 11:57 AM

I wanted to post something that I have figured out. I posted this on my other check-ins but wanted to share here, too, since we all workout.

Is everyone familiar with the my body gallery site? It shows women at different heights, weight, and shapes (apple, pear, banana, etc). During my journey, I have referred to the site to compare my body to other women. I have done this in a good way, not a bad way. Meaning, it helps to give me an idea of what I look like since I can't relate to my smaller body. I'm not sure if this makes sense. This morning I went to the pictures of the women in the 140 pound range and 5' 6" and 5' 7", and pear shaped/banana shaped. I asked DH to compare me to them. He commented that I am a lot thinner than those women and/or they are lying about their weight. I wouldn't think that they are lying since it is anonymous. Also, all of them would not be lying. I wonder how is it that we are in the same height/weight range and body shape, but I am a lot thinner than they are? I am curious if it is because I work out on a regular basis? I can even see that I am thinner than those women, it's not just DH's take on it.

ETA: I just went back to that site and put in 130 pound range and 120 pound range. I've never done that before. I think my shape looks like some of those women. Odd. It must be due to working out. No wonder I thought things were strange while comparing myself to other people on that site during my weight loss journey. DH just left and will be back a little later. I called him about this and he will look and compare later tonight.

teacher1 10-23-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4081787)

I wanted to post something that I have figured out. I posted this on my other check-ins but wanted to share here, too, since we all workout.

Is everyone familiar with the my body gallery site? It shows women at different heights, weight, and shapes (apple, pear, banana, etc). During my journey, I have referred to the site to compare my body to other women. I have done this in a good way, not a bad way. Meaning, it helps to give me an idea of what I look like since I can't relate to my smaller body. I'm not sure if this makes sense. This morning I went to the pictures of the women in the 140 pound range and 5' 6" and 5' 7", and pear shaped/banana shaped. I asked DH to compare me to them. He commented that I am a lot thinner than those women and/or they are lying about their weight. I wouldn't think that they are lying since it is anonymous. Also, all of them would not be lying. I wonder how is it that we are in the same height/weight range and body shape, but I am a lot thinner than they are? I am curious if it is because I work out on a regular basis? I can even see that I am thinner than those women, it's not just DH's take on it.

ETA: I just went back to that site and put in 130 pound range and 120 pound range. I've never done that before. I think my shape looks like some of those women. Odd. It must be due to working out. No wonder I thought things were strange while comparing myself to other people on that site during my weight loss journey. DH just left and will be back a little later. I called him about this and he will look and compare later tonight.

That's an addicting site to play around on. I put it in my favorites for future visits. Thanks for sharing it ;)

Diana3271 10-23-2011 07:43 PM

Who stole my weekend? ;) The time just flies, doesn't it?

This week is suppose to be my recovery week with TF. I am thinking about doing a Leslie Sansone Walking week. I'm not tired of TF, but I am wanting to mix things up to see what happens. I love TF so much, so I don't know if I will last a week without my TF. ;) We'll see.

Teacher Is your body similar to the people in the same height, weight, body type as you?

teacher1 10-23-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4082161)

Who stole my weekend? ;) The time just flies, doesn't it?

This week is suppose to be my recovery week with TF. I am thinking about doing a Leslie Sansone Walking week. I'm not tired of TF, but I am wanting to mix things up to see what happens. I love TF so much, so I don't know if I will last a week without my TF. ;) We'll see.

Teacher Is your body similar to the people in the same height, weight, body type as you?

Yes, the weekend went by way too fast!

I think right now the body gallery pictures look similar to my body. However, when I look closer to my goal weight pictures the body types are are over the place. I do think you're right that you probably look smaller since you workout a lot.

Diana3271 10-23-2011 09:32 PM

I had DH look at the pictures in the 120 and 130 pound ranges. He picked out a couple where they are in the upper 120's and lower 130's. I guess it has to do with working out. I'm not a muscular looking person, though. :dunno: I'm not complaining. ;)

teacher1 10-24-2011 11:52 AM

Today- zumba 1 hour ymca

Diana3271 10-24-2011 04:54 PM

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Fat 3 Miles
Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs 2 Miles

teacher1 10-25-2011 01:57 PM

today- ymca body design 1 hour (cardio and weights)

It's so weird i have no problem doing cardio but these weight classes scare me. Of course, I did fall during one of these classes this summer. I just feel so weird and weak. I hope it gets better with time. I know I need more strength training.

Diana3271 10-25-2011 05:02 PM

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Miles
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Teacher Take your time. You will build up your strength and stamina. I love cardio, too. ;)

Diana3271 10-26-2011 04:54 PM

I'm amazed at how much progress I have made cardiovascular wise. (some of this progress can be contributed to TF) I remember a time when I would get winded and break a sweat with Leslie. I haven't broke a sweat even with the longer workout combos. I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot with my calorie burn, though. This weekend is the fair and DH's Birthday. We will do his birthday dinner and the fair on Saturday. That should make for a really high calorie day (I won't be counting calories). I am going to try to continue with these low intensity workouts for the rest of the week. Hopefully there won't be a gain this week.

Check-In:
Debra Mazda's Walking Fit and Fabulous (Long Fit and Fabulous Premix)
Leslie Sansone's Walk Your Belly Flat (3 Miles)

teacher1 10-26-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4086023)

I'm amazed at how much progress I have made cardiovascular wise. (some of this progress can be contributed to TF) I remember a time when I would get winded and break a sweat with Leslie. I haven't broke a sweat even with the longer workout combos. I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot with my calorie burn, though. This weekend is the fair and DH's Birthday. We will do his birthday dinner and the fair on Saturday. That should make for a really high calorie day (I won't be counting calories). I am going to try to continue with these low intensity workouts for the rest of the week. Hopefully there won't be a gain this week.

Check-In:
Debra Mazda's Walking Fit and Fabulous (Long Fit and Fabulous Premix)
Leslie Sansone's Walk Your Belly Flat (3 Miles)

Diana- good to know it gets easier. You've had an impressive journey.

today- TF Fire 30

Diana3271 10-26-2011 07:54 PM

Teacher Thank you. :)

teacher1 10-27-2011 12:40 PM

today- ymca 1 hour muscle pump

Diana3271 10-27-2011 06:06 PM

Check-In:
Prevention Walk Your Way Slim
Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs

ETA: I am so missing my TF! I am going to do another walking workout tomorrow. I think I will do something else this weekend. ;)

Diana3271 10-28-2011 04:27 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a fantastic weekend! :carrot:

Well, I failed! I had planned on continuing with my walking workouts for today. I totally rebelled! ;)

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves - It was a blast! LOVED IT! :carrot:

Does anyone else here use weighted gloves?

teacher1 10-28-2011 06:21 PM

I have weighted gloves that I used for turbo jam. I haven't used them for turbo fire but maybe once I'm in better shape and need more of a challenge. Right now just the videos are a good workout for me.

today- ymca zumba 1 hour

gnat7 10-28-2011 08:51 PM

I've been off track with the schedule.

Today I did: 20 HIIT

Hopefully I'll be back on track starting monday.