Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default How often do you rotate your workouts?

Hi all,

I'm new to this fitness thing, and boy do I know it by how tough I'm finding it!

I'm using workout DVDs as my main form of fitness at the moment. I've been using a variety for three weeks now, 3-5 times a week, and I hope to keep this up for the long term. At the moment my fitness is pretty low and I'm finding it tough to follow any of the routines fully, but know with persistence I'll get there!

My question is, is it better to stick to the same workout for a while? Or am I doing as much good swapping around between my collection?

The one's I'm using are:

Davina McCall's Power of three
Davina's 3 30 minute workouts (but I can't get my head around the core stability part of this so only do boxing and pump)
Biggest loser - 30 day jump start
Nadia Sawalha Fat to Fab

I also have:
Biggest loser - cardio max, last chance workout and weight loss yoga.

But, as yet haven't fitted these into my routine. Any advise on how to maximise the effectiveness of a weight loss and fitness plan using DVDs would be very helpful,

cheers
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/127/118

Height: 5'2

Hey takingcontrol!

I am a fitness video junkie myself...I have many in my collection...I even inherited my mothers older collection (Richard Simmons anyone?) but I typically start out trying to follow the programs as they are set...and then eventually I move into doing my own thing...my most recent purchase was the Turbofire...and I wish that I had the time to follow her plan exactly...this is the first one I just can't keep up with due to my school and work schedule...so I'm hoping to still see results just by moving.

I want to say that as long as your calories out are exceeding your calories in you should be just fine
specialk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Special K! Thanks for the response! Well, my obliques are still KILLING me after my workout on Wednesday, so after only cardio yest cos they were killing me, I'm just gonna do some bum and thigh matt work today until my sides feel normal again, oowwwwww!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote