Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #1  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Default Jillian Michaels Six week Six Pack - anyone else trying it

I generally like Jillian's workouts but I avoided the kettlebell one because I had no plans to buy kettlebells.

I was feeling bored with the 30 day Shred and No More Trouble Zones so I grabbed the new one.

So far I'm finding it to be a tough abs centric workout.

Is anyone else trying it?
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I bought it! I"m afraid to do it though because I"m not on a regular workout schedule. Right now I work out very sporadically. I'm afraid that DVD will kill me. lol.

I will do it with you though if you like! We can motivate each other.
FitNeSsJeWeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #3  

I bought it, and tried it. It's pretty intense IMO.
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I have mixed feelings about Jillian, but I put that one on my Christmas list, so we'll see how I feel about it. I like some of her stuff a lot: No More Trouble Zones and Yoga Meltdown are awesome, whereas I have heard so many horror stories about injury with the kettlebell one that I just avoided it like the plague. 30 Day Shred... *sigh* I used to love that but I slowly started to hate it. I'm not even sure why. Maybe she just seems "meaner" in that one.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #5  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm new at this but ordered it, it should arrive tomorrow. I very excited and scared to try it, but I know I will, even if I have to take it to work Friday night.

BUT . . . I need a little help, please.

I first bought Biggest loser last chance workout and did it for about 2 months, I love it but am a bit bored so the other day I bought the 30 day shred. Now I have six pack abs coming and also a leslie sansone 5 mile walk coming. I'm think I'm going to rotate the videos, you know one day last chance, then maybe six pack abs, then leslie's walking, then 30 day shred. not sure which order

My question is: Is it a good idea to rotate them like that (daily) or should I do one for a week then change?? What do you all do? do you do the same video day after day?? or what??

Thanks
Diane
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #6  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

MadamButterfly--you could try alternating between two dvds each week. Like pick 2, have one as your main program (done every day or according to the schedule) then supplement with the other (do it every other day). Then, the next week, pick two more using the same principle. Switch it up so you don't get bored.

I did LCW with 30DS as a supplement. I also did Turbo Jam with BL Cardio Max as a supplement.

Just a suggestion
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
My question is: Is it a good idea to rotate them like that (daily) or should I do one for a week then change?? What do you all do? do you do the same video day after day?? or what??
I don't only do Jillian WOs. In fact, I'm a workout video addict and have a ton of different WOs. What I do is determine what a particular DVD is targeting (cardio, strength, or flexibility), and I rotate through them like that, doing two short workouts a day. For example, Monday I did a strength workout in the morning and a flexibility workout in the evening, Tuesday I did a cardio workout in the morning and a strength workout in the evening, and today I did a flexibility workout in the morning and will do a cardio workout this evening. I get great results this way and seldom get bored. When I feel like I'm not getting enough "muscle confusion," I change up the ratios, like two cardios to one strength and one flexibility or one cardio to two strengths and one flexibility and so on.

If you were doing exclusively Jillian's stuff and wanted a rotation like that, I'd consider 30DS and BFBM to be cardio, NMTZ and the abs WO to be strength, and Yoga Meltdown to be flexibility. The Biggest Loser WOs are mostly cardio. You could also add in some Jackie Warner, Bob Harper, and even Cathe Friedrich videos if you wanted, since their WO styles are very similar to Jillian's.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #8  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

JMfan & Kat

Thanks for the input. For now I am going to do 30- day shred Sun & Wed, BL Last chance workout on Mon & Thur, and 6-week 6-pack abs on Tue & Fri. Sat I'm going to do Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk. I'll try this for a few weeks and see how it goes.

On my days off I may add in a pilates or yoga . . . UGH! I have no life lolololol

Thanks again
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/159/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I got it. I have all her videos. The ab video is pretty intense and I can feel it working. The only thing I don't like is that for all her videos she doesn't really say how often to do it. That would help so I rotate them around. Like if I do NMTZ one day I will do cardio the next day to give my muscles time to heal.
rengetsfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I did this instead of my usual 30 day shred and although my abs were sore, my shoulders took the worst beating. The move where you hold your body up by one arm I can't do. Ridiculous. Otherwise, I made it through the level one OK
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote